4 seconds left, 1 yard to go...

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

4 seconds left, 1 yard to go...

Post by dmiles2186 »

And you choose to thrown a fade to the back corner?! After you had been running the ball consistently all night?! Thrown by a QB who was 15-30 with 2 INTs up to that point?!

JUST RUN THE FRACKING BALL! RIGHT UP THE FRACKING GUT!

You outgain the 'Hawks by almost 200 yards. You sack their QB 7 times. You give up one 80 yard play, outside of that you only gave up 55 yards on 39 plays.

And you friggin' lose.

Banana peel, meet the St. Louis Rams. Rams, peel. Jesus H.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: 4 seconds left, 1 yard to go...

Post by cardsfan04 »

Yeah, that was awful. I couldn't believe they lined up empty set on 4th and goal from the 1. I guess they were trying to catch Seattle off guard or something? I dunno, that was awful. Just pound it in.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the most disappointing football loss of the weekend. That Mizzou loss is gonna haunt me for years. Not that we were legit title contenders, but I think we had legit 12-0 aspirations.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

That was tough. I'm not a Mizzou fan, but the way that slipped away was excruciating. I know MIzzou is in the SEC now and it making the jump up to big time football, but as an Illini fan, I pull for them when they get on the national stage like that because it still feels like we're the two 'small' Midwest football schools up against the big dogs. I know that's not the case, but still, I want them to do well.

Now when it comes to basketball.... :grin:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

On the subject of the Rams, I was thinking of picking up Zac Stacy this week because more than half my team is on a bye week but I said nah, why pick up a Ram? They really can't do anything and Stacy is hurting.

Oops.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I'm starting to buy into Stacy as legit. My roommate (Auburn alum, follows SEC really closely) said it was a good pick the day of the draft. I don't know how good he is yet, but I think it's hard to luck into multiple 100+ yard rushing days in a row on a bad team. Since given a chance he's done really well.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

This is a video that I found the day Zac Stacy was drafted by the Rams...

[youtube][/youtube]

I was floored. Anyone that can keep the legs pumping and forcing the pile forward like that has some potential. But my thinking was, 'Yeah, that's Kentucky football's defense. We'll see what he does when he gets a chance in the NFL.'

Well...he's got IT. I'm not saying he's going to be AP or even Arian Foster or even Steven Jackson. But he's got a patience to hit the hole, he's got a burst of speed, shiftiness to shake defenders, and such a strong base to pick up extra yards when there is nothing there. Maybe I'm buying in too much. But this is his 3rd or 4th start and he's been the best player on the Rams offense each time. And he even looks solid in blocking/blitz pickups too, which won't help your fantasy team, but as a fan of the Rams, is something that makes my man crush on him grow even more.

Either way, I'm with cardsfan, I'm thinking Stacy is legit.