So Varlamov is a Badass Now?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

So Varlamov is a Badass Now?

Post by sseagle »

2nd degree kidnapping and 3rd degree assault?

And here I though the Avs were JUST divers...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=435467
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: So Varlamov is a Badass Now?

Post by STLADOGG »

I would blame it on Roy, his aggression is rubbing off on Varlomov.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

This is just awful. You don't see too many stories like this in the NHL. You see it a lot in the NBA and the NFL, though. Obviously, not all the details are available, but if this is true, it's just an awful black eye for the Avs and the NHL.

From the hockey standpoint, as a 10-1 team, the last thing you want to see is your #1 goalie, a guy you gave up a ton to get, embroiled in this sort of thing. He's been a big part of their great start, so you hope this doesn't cause a downswing for the rest of the team.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Roy really is mentoring him.

Wasn't Roy arrested in the early 00's for bashing down a door and threatening his wife?

EDIT: YES

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/10/23/sport ... lence.html

BlueNoteworthy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueNoteworthy »

If the allegations are true, I'd wouldn't call a 6 foot, 200 lb professional athlete who beats up his girlfriend a badass. More like a asshole and a coward. Maybe if his girlfriend was Ronda Rousey or Laila Ali, he might just be a scumbag. This is only if the allegations are true, though. At this point, nobody knows anything.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

BlueNoteworthy wrote:If the allegations are true, I'd wouldn't call a 6 foot, 200 lb professional athlete who beats up his girlfriend a badass. More like a asshole and a coward. Maybe if his girlfriend was Ronda Rousey or Laila Ali, he might just be a scumbag. This is only if the allegations are true, though. At this point, nobody knows anything.
:plusplus: :plusplus:

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

dmiles2186 wrote:This is just awful. You don't see too many stories like this in the NHL. You see it a lot in the NBA and the NFL, though. Obviously, not all the details are available, but if this is true, it's just an awful black eye for the Avs and the NHL.

From the hockey standpoint, as a 10-1 team, the last thing you want to see is your #1 goalie, a guy you gave up a ton to get, embroiled in this sort of thing. He's been a big part of their great start, so you hope this doesn't cause a downswing for the rest of the team.
Yea, regardless of them being in the same division as the Blues, and currently sitting atop it, you still don't like to see this type of thing.

It's still hard to suppress that feeling where I hope it causes them to crash and burn though...I've got a little angel/devil thing going on. My dislike of the Avs might be slightly more than others though. Pretty much any hockey fan around here is an Avs fan so that doesn't help.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:This is just awful. You don't see too many stories like this in the NHL. You see it a lot in the NBA and the NFL, though. Obviously, not all the details are available, but if this is true, it's just an awful black eye for the Avs and the NHL.

Yea, regardless of them being in the same division as the Blues, and currently sitting atop it, you still don't like to see this type of thing.

It's still hard to suppress that feeling where I hope it causes them to crash and burn though...I've got a little angel/devil thing going on. My dislike of the Avs might be slightly more than others though. Pretty much any hockey fan around here is an Avs fan so that doesn't help.
There's nothing wrong with enjoying seeing one of your top competitors crash and burn (guess it really hasn't actually happened yet). It doesn't mean that you approve of the circumstances or the cause- far from it in this case. But you can, without guilt, feel satisfaction if the Avs lose some games as a result of this.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

It's funny watching the media fawn over the Avs like they're a new NHL powerhouse.

I mean, yeah, they're off to a great start, but come on. It's 10 games. How often have we seen this happen?

Teams get hot all the time. If they had a streak like this in February, hardly anyone would pay it any mind.

I saw some EJ quote about how cool it was to watch Varlemov become one of the elite goaltenders in the league and I almost did a spit take.

I mean, really people, it's a 10 game stretch.

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

BlueNoteworthy wrote:If the allegations are true, I'd wouldn't call a 6 foot, 200 lb professional athlete who beats up his girlfriend a badass. More like a asshole and a coward. Maybe if his girlfriend was Ronda Rousey or Laila Ali, he might just be a scumbag. This is only if the allegations are true, though. At this point, nobody knows anything.
Pretty much took the words right off of my fingertips. He's out of jail on bail & will travel with the team I've heard, and I'm going to wait to pass judge till the details are out. Domestic & child issues always make me sad, I hope the kid's ok.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Yep, well said. What a douche (if true, etc., but these things usually are when they get to this point).
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

sseagle is a jackwagon thinking this guy is a badass. What a douche sseagle is. What a (frank) knob. I can tell he meant what he said too because he didn't use any winky smilies or anything to indicate sarcasm...

:twisted:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

ViPeRx007 wrote:sseagle is a jackwagon thinking this guy is a badass. What a douche sseagle is. What a (frank) knob
I made it till there till I started laughing.

BlueNoteworthy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueNoteworthy »

ViPeRx007 wrote:sseagle is a jackwagon thinking this guy is a badass. What a douche sseagle is. What a (frank) knob. I can tell he meant what he said too because he didn't use any winky smilies or anything to indicate sarcasm...

I realized he was joking. I just ignored the fact. I don't think this is a joking matter. Maybe I am overreacting, but this hits close to home. I had a very good friend who was the victim of domestic abuse prior to my meeting her. I saw first-hand the scars it left, and I don't mean physical ones. I was stating my opinion that this is a cowardly act if true.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

BlueNoteworthy wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:sseagle is a jackwagon thinking this guy is a badass. What a douche sseagle is. What a (frank) knob. I can tell he meant what he said too because he didn't use any winky smilies or anything to indicate sarcasm...

I realized he was joking. I just ignored the fact. I don't think this is a joking matter. Maybe I am overreacting, but this hits close to home. I had a very good friend who was the victim of domestic abuse prior to my meeting her. I saw first-hand the scars it left, and I don't mean physical ones. I was stating my opinion that this is a cowardly act if true.
Where do you tie up that tall horse?
This is a (Franking) Internet forum. And I'd call a 6' 200lb athlete a midget fuckstain and I'd step on him. Goddamn commies.

You have no idea about what I've seen and done, trust me.. Also when I posted that all I had was the charges. Kidnapping and assault aren't necessarily domestic, calm down you are way too high strung for here. You don't curse enough. (Frank), the meatloaf!

BlueNoteworthy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueNoteworthy »

sseagle wrote: Where do you tie up that tall horse?
This is a (Frank) Internet forum. And I'd call a 6' 200lb athlete a midget (Frank) and I'd step on him. Goddamn commies.

You have no idea about what I've seen and done, trust me.. Also when I posted that all I had was the charges. Kidnapping and assault aren't necessarily domestic, calm down you are way too high strung for here. You don't curse enough. (Frank), the meatloaf!
"...on an arrest warrant on charges of kidnapping and third-degree assault in what authorities are calling a domestic violence incident." That was from the first sentence of the article you yourself posted. :doh: You have to do more than look at the pictures. It helps to read the (Franking) article (are you happy, I showed off limited vocabulary skills by cursing :okman: ).

I don't give a (Frank) (cursing again :okman: ) where you have been and what you have seen or done. My first post had nothing to do with you. It was about Varlamov and the incident. You are right, this is an internet forum. I should have realized that. :shock: I mean I was using a web-site on the world wide-web (internet) to post my opinion for others to read (forum) but I thought I was at an AA support group (Hey, both are anonymous :bluecool: and allow people to say whatever they want with no repercussions :twisted: ).

Varlamov might be a midget to you cause you are even more of a bad ass than a guy who beats women (you're so scary :aaaa: ). But his girlfriend is 5 ft 3, 100 lbs, and speaks no English. Much tougher for her to fight back than for a badass ninja :ninja: like you.

Oh, and by the way, I am just joking with this post. Hence all the emoticons. Oh yea, and a winky for good measure :wink: But does that make you feel better? :facepalm:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

BlueNoteworthy wrote:
This is a (Frank) Internet forum. And I'd call a 6' 200lb athlete a midget (Frank) and I'd step on him. Goddamn commies.

"...on an arrest warrant on charges of kidnapping and third-degree assault in what authorities are calling a domestic violence incident." That was from the first sentence of the article you yourself posted. :doh: You have to do more than look at the pictures. It helps to read the (Frank) article (are you happy, I showed off limited vocabulary skills by cursing :okman: ).

I don't give a (Frank) (cursing again :okman: ) where you have been and what you have seen or done. My first post had nothing to do with you. It was about Varlamov and the incident. You are right, this is an internet forum. I should have realized that. :shock: I mean I was using a web-site on the world wide-web (internet) to post my opinion for others to read (forum) but I thought I was at an AA support group (Hey, both are anonymous :bluecool: and allow people to say whatever they want with no repercussions :twisted: ).

Varlamov might be a midget to you cause you are even more of a bad ass than a guy who beats women (you're so scary :aaaa: ). But his girlfriend is 5 ft 3, 100 lbs, and speaks no English. Much tougher for her to fight back than for a badass ninja :ninja: like you.

Oh, and by the way, I am just joking with this post. Hence all the emoticons. Oh yea, and a winky for good measure :wink: But does that make you feel better? :facepalm:
For an 18th post, this is pretty awesome. Not many people go head to head with sseagle and live to tell about it. Kudos, Bluenoteworthy. And feel free to stick around for awhile. It's always great seeing someone new to the boards mix it up with our resident ol' cranky pants. :mrgreen:

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

dmiles2186 wrote:
BlueNoteworthy wrote:

"...on an arrest warrant on charges of kidnapping and third-degree assault in what authorities are calling a domestic violence incident." That was from the first sentence of the article you yourself posted. :doh: You have to do more than look at the pictures. It helps to read the (Frank) article (are you happy, I showed off limited vocabulary skills by cursing :okman: ).

For an 18th post, this is pretty awesome. Not many people go head to head with sseagle and live to tell about it. Kudos, Bluenoteworthy. And feel free to stick around for awhile. It's always great seeing someone new to the boards mix it up with our resident ol' cranky pants. :mrgreen:

He's in goal tonight too. Varly, not Rodney King :lol:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

sseagle a badass? That's the funniest part of this entire thread. :wink:
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

BlueNoteworthy wrote:

Hahaha he thinks i can read... I threw the link on to prove it, I didn't read it