Hockey News: Blues to Win Cup

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Hockey News: Blues to Win Cup

Post by cardsfan04 »

cprice12 wrote:
Robb_K wrote:I think it's possible that they win it all, IF everything goes right. I see them improving this season and going fairly deep in the playoffs. But, I don't think they'll get by Chicago in the Conference finals. 2014-15 is when they should win it all. Tarasenko, Schwartz, Jaskin, Rattie, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Oshie, will all be much more ready 2 years from now. They'll be a LOT more consistent at scoring in 2014-15 than this season, in which they'll be Top 9-11 or so. In 2014-15, they should climb into the top 5-6 in Western Conference scoring, to go along with their Top 2-3 defence.
And then Hull will finally get his St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup ring. :okman:

You know...if the Blues do end up winning it all in the next few years, the level of excitement and flat out relief in this town would be ridiculous.
I mean, personally, with the Cardinals, I've seen them win the World Series a few times...so the uniqueness of it all isn't there anymore for me. Don't get me wrong, it was great with the Cards in 2009 & 2011...and it will be awesome when if/when it happens again...but it would just be a different level of great with the Blues because it would be the first time.

I definitely wouldn't be going into work the next day. And I'd probably buy every Blues Stanley Cup item they put out. What's that? A commercial selling a DVD of the Blues run to their first cup? Yes please. A stanley cup champs hat? You say it's ugly as sin? I'll take three. A cup champs toilet paper dispenser? Yup...one for each bathroom.

They are in a position to make a run at it at some point over the next few years. Hopefully it works out. Blues fans deserve it.
Yeah, definitely. I'll take a Blues Cup over a Cards WS any day. That would be ridiculously insane. I think the only thing that would come close to that is the US winning the World Cup.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Hockey News: Blues to Win Cup

Post by philco_3 »

cprice12 wrote:
Robb_K wrote:I think it's possible that they win it all, IF everything goes right. I see them improving this season and going fairly deep in the playoffs. But, I don't think they'll get by Chicago in the Conference finals. 2014-15 is when they should win it all. Tarasenko, Schwartz, Jaskin, Rattie, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Oshie, will all be much more ready 2 years from now. They'll be a LOT more consistent at scoring in 2014-15 than this season, in which they'll be Top 9-11 or so. In 2014-15, they should climb into the top 5-6 in Western Conference scoring, to go along with their Top 2-3 defence.
And then Hull will finally get his St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup ring. :okman:

You know...if the Blues do end up winning it all in the next few years, the level of excitement and flat out relief in this town would be ridiculous.
I mean, personally, with the Cardinals, I've seen them win the World Series a few times...so the uniqueness of it all isn't there anymore for me. Don't get me wrong, it was great with the Cards in 2009 & 2011...and it will be awesome when if/when it happens again...but it would just be a different level of great with the Blues because it would be the first time.

I definitely wouldn't be going into work the next day. And I'd probably buy every Blues Stanley Cup item they put out. What's that? A commercial selling a DVD of the Blues run to their first cup? Yes please. A stanley cup champs hat? You say it's ugly as sin? I'll take three. A cup champs toilet paper dispenser? Yup...one for each bathroom.

They are in a position to make a run at it at some point over the next few years. Hopefully it works out. Blues fans deserve it.
I'm in the same boat, I probably wouldnt be able to go into work the next day after they when they won cup, the day before the parade, day of parade and day after. But of course they have to make it that far first.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.