Episode #30 - NHL Schedule Release Show

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Episode #30 - NHL Schedule Release Show

Post by JPonder94 »

On this week’s episode, we will tell you about the Blues locking up last season’s leading scorer. We’ll also discuss the 2013-14 schedule that was released this week and bring you an interview with Evan Moore, the Chicago Blackhawks Lead Wrtier for TheHockeyWriters.com. We also wrap up the Ilya Kovalchuk saga and hopefully mention his name for the last time in this show's history.

LINK: http://www.letsgoblues.com/radio/19-pod ... lease-show
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: Episode #30 - NHL Schedule Release Show

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

I had never listened to an episode before the Perron trade one, which was before this episode, and I enjoyed it so much I listened to this right after.

My biggest criticism is that there is no fan feedback. Is there any way we can have a section where you answer fan questions? For example, you could create a forum asking for questions that could be answered during the next episode and pick the top 3 or so and answer them on air. I think that fan involvement is key to a good show. Just a thought. Keep up the good work boys.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

At the end of every show, we give out our Twitter, Facebook and email. We would accept questions and comments on any of those platforms.

twitter.com/lgbradio
facebook.com/letsgobluesradio
radio@letsgoblues.com

If you think that a message board for the show would be helpful, maybe I will talk with Curt about getting us a spot here in the forum.

Thanks for listening!

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

I heard the plugs, but personally I'd like to hear a section of the show devoted to fan interaction. If you listened to 101 ESPN in the past, Bernie Miklasz used to have a show and one of the aspects I didn't enjoy was that he never took calls. I think it might have changed later to voicemail recordings from fans but otherwise it was essentially a few hours of one man's opinions and no interaction. Personally, I think that feedback and interactions from fans enhances a show. Just my opinion. Oh, and the foghorn scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it :lol: , I had my computer on full volume and I wasn't used to the blast when I don't see the Blues slam one in the back of the net :facepalm:. Again, keep up the good work :okman:
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

We have discussed doing more live shows where you could tweet us questions while we are doing the show. We did that once and got a few tweets. It was a live video show, so you could watch us do the show as well. We'll do that again.
We have also discussed doing a live round table like show after a game. The format we use allows for 10 participants. So we could have a number of folks join in and talk pucks after a game or something.
Personally, I agree 100%. Getting live fan interaction would be nice and would make the show more attractive to more folks.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

The only problem is that fan interaction is relatively low. You'll notice that on big events (picks for SCF, signing Roy, etc), I have read off the fan comments on our FB and Twitter pages. But we really don't get enough of it. I would love to have at least 10-15 minutes per show dedicated to feedback and comments but we simply aren't getting the responses.

Don't get me wrong, I can see that we are getting a great amount of downloads each week and plenty of "likes" on FB and "retweets" on Twitter, but the volume of responses are low.

Justin and I have some stuff in the works to get fans involved more, probably starting this weekend. Plus, what Curt said is very true. A Google Hangout with listeners participating is definitely something we want to incorporate next season.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

How about a weekly poll or thread here on the board that is talked about on the show? Could help direct some people here to create an account and get involved here. Maybe that's been tossed around (admittedly, I haven't been able to listen in recent weeks). At worst, it gives us a change of pace from our usual threads. Just a thought.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

dmiles2186 wrote:How about a weekly poll or thread here on the board that is talked about on the show? Could help direct some people here to create an account and get involved here. Maybe that's been tossed around (admittedly, I haven't been able to listen in recent weeks). At worst, it gives us a change of pace from our usual threads. Just a thought.
:plusplus: :plusplus: I love it. You deserve a medal. Or a kick in the pants. You decide.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

A medal will do. Or a Dmiles Memorial Segment of Awesomeness each week on the show, where you tout my awesomeness. :mrgreen:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:A medal will do. Or a Dmiles Memorial Segment of Awesomeness each week on the show, where you tout my awesomeness. :mrgreen:
Dmile Memorial Segment? You dead, bro?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:A medal will do. Or a Dmiles Memorial Segment of Awesomeness each week on the show, where you tout my awesomeness. :mrgreen:
Dmile Memorial Segment? You dead, bro?
Yessir, posting from beyond the grave and demanding respect!