Blues get Paajarvi from EDM for Perron

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Blues get Paajarvi from EDM for Perron

Post by sseagle »

Jaykay wrote:do you guys have an ä on your keyboards over there? :D

I do not know Pääjärvi at all, but somehow i like the fact that perron is gone. he always was at the bottom of my list of favorite players. I think he didn't 100% every shift here and then.

the 2nd round pick, i don't know. given the blues drafting-history the past years, and if i got it right, isn't our best scout a gm now? maybe we get lucky, who knows :okman:
Nope, only 104 keys on our keyboards :grin:
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

sseagle wrote:

I do not know Pääjärvi at all, but somehow i like the fact that perron is gone. he always was at the bottom of my list of favorite players. I think he didn't 100% every shift here and then.

the 2nd round pick, i don't know. given the blues drafting-history the past years, and if i got it right, isn't our best scout a gm now? maybe we get lucky, who knows :okman:
There must be a way to pull it off using ASCII
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Jaykay
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Jaykay »

glen a richter wrote:
sseagle wrote:

should be 228 :grin:
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Jaykay wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
sseagle wrote:

should be 228 :grin:
ä <-- alt+0228

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Either the site isn't working quite right or it just doesn't approve of my use of ASCII. Let's see which it is.

Edit: Not allowed to use ASCII. It rejects my efforts to post ä. Tis a problem as long as Pääjärvi is on the team.

Edit 2: It accepted that one. I think the site is just franked up. CURT!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Some reaction from Oilfans.com:

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=ne ... rt=0&rid=0
-Nice. Can definitely file him under "hard to play against". At almost 4M caphit...I guess this is MacT's answer for the empty LW spot on in the top 6? Not sure if I totally agree he's the right piece (5'11"), but guess he will have to do.

Ah crap...for Paajarvi...I don't like it anymore.

And a 2nd rounder?! #FireMacT

-I like the trade. I've always had a soft spot for Mags but you got to give something to get something.

Perron is a 25 year old who has trended upwards in his career. Best season so far is 50 points in the NHL. Not overly tall but stocky.

-Yeesh that's a pretty steep price....wish we could've gotten away with using some prospects down rather than Paajarvi plus the 2nd rounder.

One hole filled on the second line and another opens up on the third line...

-This signals the official give up on Magnus. Mark my words this one will bite the Oil in the ass big time. MPS will be solid for years to come.

-I liked PRV, but I guess to me its delivery vs. promise.

Perron is the best player in the deal, goes to the net pretty religiously, and has more sand to his game.

The only thing for me is that this is definitely a skilled forward on the left side on the top 6, but would have liked a little more size with the skill.

Like the deal, the Oilers may not win this deal long term but I think they do for the next 2-3 years.

-Crap trade. Paajarvi is going to be a beauty.
---I agree. Gave up on him a year early as far as I'm concerned.

-I think straight up would have been more fair.

-Oh sweet bajeezus.... *facepalm*

-We get smaller, give up a player, 2nd round pick and he has a 4million cap hit (which helps the blues). I dont like this.

-Don't like it.

Paajarvi was just starting to develop into a reliable player.
Perron has concussion issues.

Would have preferred a move for Kyle Clifford.

Dan Cleary nostalgia is kickin in.

-
The Oilers gave up value to get value.
Paajarvi is more of a potential value, and as he has spent significant time in the minors in the past few years and fairly the potential is 3LW he has some developing to do.

The Blues play a defensive physical game [similar to Kings and Bruins] and the Oilers are going to play a puck possession game [more similar to Wings and Chicago] and there is the potential that the puck possession system is going to play to Perron's strengths.

-#FireMacT

This will come back to haunt us, Perron has injury issues those are not the kind of players we need to be getting. Not only that but we gave up a 2nd round pick in the deal.

-Perron adds an incredibly important piece to that top 6. A fiesty, gritty winger, who can hit, score, and has a great shot.

Perron is a legit top 6, and has scored 20 goals twice.

PRV will be a solid NHL player, but hasn't proven to be a top 6 forward. The time for 'patience' with players to prove if they are top 6 or not is over for the Oilers. The time is NOW to begin competing and being a playoff team.

We know exactly what we get with Perron, a terrific top 6 winger, we don't with PRV, top 6? Maybe, checker? possibly......

As mentioned, also take into account the WAY Perron plays vs PRV. Perron's STYLE of play is far more what we need in that top 6. PRV, too much of a perimeter player and still soft. Perron far more compliments the top 6 - great piece to the top 6 puzzle.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Hallplante
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Hallplante »

One longtime fan's opinion:

We traded skill for muscle and money. This is a Blues failure on the development front and in asset management.

Two thumbs down.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Lets all be honest, the Blues (Frank) up everything they can, but they do it in the worst way possible, this kid will get us to the whatever the (Frank) it will be called finals where we will lose, then he will turn into a vegetable in his second season, and we will draft a blind albino chimp with the pick we got.... JUST WAIT!
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

KPFBlue
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KPFBlue »

The Oilers have no size on the offensive end. He won't have the likes of Backes, Reaves, or Stewart (depending on what line Perron's on at that point) to hide Perron's fragile skull structure. All Perron needs is some scrub from Vancouver or LA or San Jose to take a run at him, he'll be off and on the DL for the rest of his career.
Official 2011-12 sponsor of Chris Stewart

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

This Swedish pansy better man up and play with some balls. Perron was the only guy willing to get in the crease in the playoffs.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Hallplante
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Hallplante »

Maybe Perron can become the next former Blues to win a Cup and be inducted into Hall of Fame.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I hear Perron is gone because his teammates don't really like him. If that's the case, they need to get over their pansy asses and do their (Franking) jobs. :roll:

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

If Oiler fans are describing perron as "gritty" then they seriously don't have anyone remotely tough on their team.

I wanted DP off the team this off season, so I am happy. Idk about the player we got back, but time will tell.

Perron was way too big for his britches since he's been here, and he's not gotten any better from what I can see. He jaws at refs like he's a HoF'r, takes shifts off, and complains like a bitch - all without having a 30 goal season yet being allowed to continue to believe he's a "top forward" in the league.

Hopefully it will help the locker room to have him in someone else's.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

If Perron gets Thornton'ed a few games into the season, then the trade definitely worked in our favor. not wishing that on him, of course. But the point was made that he is a concussion risk now, and it's a valid point.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

abc789987 wrote:Okay is this really how his name is pronounced?
[youtube][/youtube]
*edit* okay i see it's a joke now. but I think we can work with it... haha
MONGO LIKE CANDY.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, but Perron is just another scapegoat for a larger problem, which is that we don't have enough clutch players here. And we just traded one non-clutch player for another. Meh. Nothing has changed with this other than we gave up the one guy who harassed the crap out of Quick in the playoffs and scored some goals for us. What has this Swedish pansy done? Even less. Net loss.

The Roy signing is something to see as an addition.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

This Pansyjarvi clown is a soft cherry danish. Welcome to the team where you are NOT going to win a Cup! valkommen, duden!

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

I have nothing to contribute except this gem from Kodos.
kodos wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Looks like Armstrongs thinking was to put Paajarvi with Berglund because they had great chemistry in the World Championship with Sweden.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Like this trade. Has both potential and it adjusts the mood of the lockerroom.

Quick question:

Now that sending Perron off adds some cap space to our coffers, I'm assuming we'll be looking to ship out Halak. Question of the night from me: If we assign Halak on Waivers, does that in any way keep his contract money on our cap or are we totally done financially with him if we do?

I ask this because the value of a goaltender with a lingering injury can't be much more than picks, and maybe our best bet is to pull a Naby and ship him down that way. Or am I being totally crazy in asking about this? Thoughts?
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!