To the fire Hitch and trade everyone crowd.

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

To the fire Hitch and trade everyone crowd.

Post by sseagle »

(Frank) OFF

FOURTH SEED

SUCK A FAT ONE!

(The sky was NOT falling)
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: To the fire Hitch and trade everyone crowd.

Post by fargoblues »

Not yet. there's still time.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

The goal is :cup:
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

:aaaa:
Last edited by Oaklandblue on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

If Ken Hitchcock wanted to win the Lord Stanley, tell me, why didn't he convince the front office when they sold the Rivermen to buy two elite playmakers/snipers/scorers instead of two D-men? If I had to guess, I'd say because Hitch's system is D-First, right? Because D wins championships.

Well, if we get nailed in the playoffs due to lack of scoring, at that point, who do you blame?
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Oaklandblue wrote:If Ken Hitchcock wanted to win the Lord Stanley, tell me, why didn't he convince the front office when they sold the Rivermen to buy two elite playmakers/snipers/scorers instead of two D-men? If I had to guess, I'd say because Hitch's system is D-First, right? Because D wins championships.

Well, if we get nailed in the playoffs due to lack of scoring, at that point, who do you blame?
Just shut up, please. This pessimistic bullshit attitude you have is really quite annoying. You're basing everything on "if"'s and counting them out before any games have even been played. Can't you enjoy where we are for at least a few hours or does your mind just instantly do this: "4th seed? It's too bad we aren't better and will probably be eliminated due to a lack of scoring."

You miss out on a lot of the fun of the playoffs if you're jumping to that already. It's actually kind of sad.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:If Ken Hitchcock wanted to win the Lord Stanley, tell me, why didn't he convince the front office when they sold the Rivermen to buy two elite playmakers/snipers/scorers instead of two D-men? If I had to guess, I'd say because Hitch's system is D-First, right? Because D wins championships.

Just shut up, please. This pessimistic bullshit attitude you have is really quite annoying. You're basing everything on "if"'s and counting them out before any games have even been played. Can't you enjoy where we are for at least a few hours or does your mind just instantly do this: "4th seed? It's too bad we aren't better and will probably be eliminated due to a lack of scoring."

You miss out on a lot of the fun of the playoffs if you're jumping to that already. It's actually kind of sad.
No pessimism here. Just responding to the thread title. It's a bit early to say anyone is right in regards to the thread title and frankly I'd rather be wrong and we hoist the Cup than be right. Anything but that.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I will admit, I never really doubted the Blues' ability to make the postseason. But when they dropped into 9th a few weeks back and had an uphill climb facing them, I wasn't sure they had it in them. I'm glad they proved me wrong. I never thought anyone needed to be fired or traded. Okay, well...maybe DP. But the Blues rebounded, Army made the trades this team needed, and wouldn't you know it, they finished with the 3rd highest point total in the West? These last 3 weeks or so was the Blues team we should have seen all along. I'm glad they found their footing before it was too late and now they are playing their best hockey at the right time.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I never really doubted we'd make the playoffs either, but I was definitely questioning whether we were going to live up to our potential. I guess that still remains to be seen, but we certainly played to our potential throughout April.

This is what's really amazing to me. We played 15 games in 27 days in April. In 11 of those games we allowed 1 goal or fewer. That's just insanely good. If we can somehow maintain that through the playoffs, we have a very legit shot at 16W's.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

It's stunning how fast they turned it around following the arrival of Leopold and Bouwmeester. Was this team really two players short, or was it two leaders short? I would not be surprised in the least to hear, sometime down the line, that the turnaround was because Bouwmeester demanded more out of his new teammates and they responded. Leadership by leading--Backes could take away something from that for a couple years from now when he's still here and Bou isn't.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

glen a richter wrote:It's stunning how fast they turned it around following the arrival of Leopold and Bouwmeester. Was this team really two players short, or was it two leaders short? I would not be surprised in the least to hear, sometime down the line, that the turnaround was because Bouwmeester demanded more out of his new teammates and they responded. Leadership by leading--Backes could take away something from that for a couple years from now when he's still here and Bou isn't.
No, I started putting on fresh socks during the games. We haven't lost a game that I've done that.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

sseagle wrote:
glen a richter wrote:It's stunning how fast they turned it around following the arrival of Leopold and Bouwmeester. Was this team really two players short, or was it two leaders short? I would not be surprised in the least to hear, sometime down the line, that the turnaround was because Bouwmeester demanded more out of his new teammates and they responded. Leadership by leading--Backes could take away something from that for a couple years from now when he's still here and Bou isn't.
No, I started putting on fresh socks during the games. We haven't lost a game that I've done that.
Coincidentally, I had also started NOT putting on fresh underwear. the skidmarks are getting crusty but we got home ice, so you're welcome.

Itchty Meat Hammer
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Itchty Meat Hammer »

Thanks for not changing them. If we lose a game to LA you should deposit them in their bench if possible. One of those LA types you know will take a sniff. :banana:
P.S. If you rotate them you can come up with generally four different positions of wear so the crusties won't build up so much in one spot. If your legs are the size of your waist then the number goes up! :okman:

In an unrelated rant I think it sucks that Detroitlet made it in. :detsucks:

Blues in 6
L, W, W, L, W, W

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Funny how Hitch's system suddenly works again once you're goaltending remembers how to stop a puck and 5 is on your 3rd paring instead of your first.(not bashing Jacks....he was just miscast as a first paring D-man. I think we have one of the best third parings in the league now)

I was never against Hitch, we've been though enough coaches.

That said, DP needed to be traded one month into the season, he needed to be traded at the deadline, he needs to be traded right now, and he will need to be traded this offseason. That is a matter of him not fitting what we do...not a 'sky is falling' comment.

I think the comments about 19 helping 42 in leadership is quite interesting. The team and David himself have played with a different confidence and different urgency since his acquisition.

Was it the goalteanding? The defense? The leadership? Management showing a vote of confidence by being buyers?

My guess is it was a little bit of all of it.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

DaDitka wrote:Funny how Hitch's system suddenly works again once you're goaltending remembers how to stop a puck and 5 is on your 3rd paring instead of your first.(not bashing Jacks....he was just miscast as a first paring D-man. I think we have one of the best third parings in the league now)

I was never against Hitch, we've been though enough coaches.

That said, DP needed to be traded one month into the season, he needed to be traded at the deadline, he needs to be traded right now, and he will need to be traded this offseason. That is a matter of him not fitting what we do...not a 'sky is falling' comment.

I think the comments about 19 helping 42 in leadership is quite interesting. The team and David himself have played with a different confidence and different urgency since his acquisition.

Was it the goalteanding? The defense? The leadership? Management showing a vote of confidence by being buyers?

My guess is it was a little bit of all of it.
Yeah, definitely a combo IMO. Elliott getting a 2nd chance almost exactly coincided with getting Bouwmeester. I think Elliott had something to prove, then his job became easier with the defense becoming more solid. And, adding Bouwmeester might have been a good change of pace for the team as well. Sometimes the best part of a trade is that it shakes things up a little bit and gives a bit of a fresh start to everybody.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Do you think DP would be enough to get us back into the 1st round? I mean not a top 10 pick obviously, but somewhere within the latter half of the 1st round?

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Hey, what's going on in this thread?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Hey, what's going on in this thread?
:lol:

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Acheter sacs Vanessa Bruno sur la boutique enligne

Post by STLADOGG »

Claudjwnny wrote:"Cette chaussure n'est pas tr??s bon, pour voir comment il est faux?",Vanessa Bruno - Sac Toile - Paillette Caf?? (L) Le t??l??phone lui-m??me n'est pas mauvais, comment est un faux? "R??cemment, l'a??roport de passagers du terminal T3 capitale surpeupl??e autour d'un peu de temps tables de bar a demand?? avec curiosit??. La longue parfum de tableau d'affichage,<a href="http://www.frvanessabrunosacs.com/vanes ... l">Vanessa Bruno - Sac Toile Pivoine - Paillette Argent?? (L)</a> les t??l??phones cellulaires, sacs, cigarette P??kin douanes ont saisi articles de contrefa?on de ch??ques de voyage cha?nes.

aller ?? notre magasin: http://www.frvanessabrunosacs.com
One time I fed my snake sum beer MAyne!!
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW