NFL Draft

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: NFL Draft

Post by cardsfan04 »

Oh, and Shanahan might be the most overrated coach in the NFL. He had Elway and an awesome OLine which helped their RB's look better than they were. I could have been successful as their coach.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I'm not so sure the Redskins drafting another QB means that they have no faith in RGIII. Obviously they do or else they wouldn't have given the Rams all those number ones. I think what it means is they have no faith in the backups Rex Grossman and John Beck. Best case scenario for the Redskins is that if Cousins gets some run or spot starts, he'll make an impact like a Schaub or Kolb, etc. and the 'Skins will be able to trade him down the road after they've developed him.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

You're probably right about that, but I still think it's a terrible pick. At the worst, it sends the message to RGIII that there is somebody else there to replace him. At the least, they drafted a rookie backup QB when they could have gone after a potential starter.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Colts also drafted another QB... Mr. Irrelevant with the last pick. I'd laugh my (Franking) ass off if Luck busted and Mr. Irrelevant led them to the Super Bowl.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cardsfan04 wrote:You're probably right about that, but I still think it's a terrible pick. At the worst, it sends the message to RGIII that there is somebody else there to replace him. At the least, they drafted a rookie backup QB when they could have gone after a potential starter.

I don't think RG3 will ever play an 16 game season, so it's important to have a good back up.

Everyone wants to compare him to Newton, but he's no where as big. He'll be much more like Vick and his body will not be able to hold up to all the hits he takes.

He may very well be a very dynamic weapon.....all be it for only 10 or 12 contests a year.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund