NFL Draft

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

NFL Draft

Post by dmiles2186 »

We're 3 days away from the NFL draft. Rams with the # 6 pick. (Is it racist if I say I'm still not sold on Blackmon? :mrgreen: )

I have really enjoyed the draft the last few years, probably because the Rams have sucked so much this is the one event each year that gives us hope.

Round 1 order:

1 1 Indianapolis Colts
1 2 Washington Redskins from St. Louis[R1 - 1]
1 3 Minnesota Vikings
1 4 Cleveland Browns
1 5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 6 St. Louis Rams from Washington[R1 - 2]
1 7 Jacksonville Jaguars
1 8 Miami Dolphins
1 9 Carolina Panthers
1 10 Buffalo Bills
1 11 Kansas City Chiefs
1 12 Seattle Seahawks
1 13 Arizona Cardinals
1 14 Dallas Cowboys
1 15 Philadelphia Eagles
1 16 New York Jets
1 17 Cincinnati Bengals from Oakland[R1 - 3]
1 18 San Diego Chargers
1 19 Chicago Bears
1 20 Tennessee Titans
1 21 Cincinnati Bengals
1 22 Cleveland Browns from Atlanta[R1 - 4]
1 23 Detroit Lions
1 24 Pittsburgh Steelers
1 25 Denver Broncos
1 26 Houston Texans
1 27 New England Patriots from New Orleans[R1 - 5]
1 28 Green Bay Packers
1 29 Baltimore Ravens
1 30 San Francisco 49ers
1 31 New England Patriots
1 32 New York Giants

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: NFL Draft

Post by DaDitka »

The Rams will take Blackmon or Cox.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I'd really like to see Claiborne fall to them. The Rams' CB's were awful last year. The quicker Justin King is gone the better things will be.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:I'd really like to see Claiborne fall to them. The Rams' CB's were awful last year. The quicker Justin King is gone the better things will be.
God I hope not!

I respect Greg Cosell's ability to evaluate players more then anyone else and he think Claiborne is the THIRD best corner in the draft.

Not to mention...learning disability or not....dude got the worst score on the wonderlic ever. How much that transfers to the field can be highly debated, but it is a factor IMO.

I think you can get a quality CB in the second or even the third if you are willing to take a guy with baggage.

Best case scenario is the Rams manage to trade back a few spots, pick up an exter third round pick, Take Cox, and then get a WR (Sunu or Randle) and a CB (Jenkins) in the second and Zack Brown (LB) in the third.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I'm really torn about what the Rams should do, so I think I will b easy to please. I guess the good thing about sucking is that you have enough holes to make an argument for a lot of things.

If Kalil somehow falls to 6, he's the pick no matter what. He won't, but I think he's the best non-QB in the draft.

I probably lean toward Blackmon. He may no be as good as Calvin Johnson, but he's still damn good. And, he fills our biggest need. I'd also be OK with trading back to get Floyd + a pick.

Richardson and Claiborne are interesting. We could use a shutdown corner and a returner. And, Claiborne would be a good option for both. But, that wonderlic is concerning. I have read, however, that a bad wonderlic is actually a good thing for TE's and CB's. Not sure if I believe that, but apparently there's a negative correlation.

Richardson has been called the best player in the draft by a few people. And, Jackson isn't that far from needing a replacement. But, apparently RB's are extremely interchangeable nowadays. More importantly, it's not a current need.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

My only concern with drafting Blackmon is that there are so many good WR's later in the draft. Is he so much better than the rest? Maybe so. But you could get a guy like Floyd, Hill, Jeffries, AJ Jenkins later on. Floyd will probably go mid-first round, but Jeffries or Jenkins, etc. could be for the taking early round two.

If Kalil was at 6, I'm with cardsfan, grab him. But he probably won't be. Now there's all this chatter that the Rams are open to trading Steven Jackson (who wants a new deal, apparently) and if so, you'd have to wonder if they will make a play at Richardson.

Jackson is still a productive running back. Could they get a 1st rounder for him? Maybe. I would still think he had some value, but not sure how high being that he's 29.

A lot of pieces in play and this is a DEEP draft so there will be a talented player sitting there for the Rams at #6 any which way.

Cox would be a nice pick too.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

I think Jeffries and Jenkins could both be there in the third round. Though probably not with Jenkins

I think they would be looking at Sunu or Randle at the top of the second round.

IF they could trade back at all....and then take Cox/Floyd....that would be ideal. I just don't think there will be teams will want to come up for.

If there is, it may be for Gilmore. I think he's much - much hotter then many think.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

They're talking about Minnesota either trading their pick or taking Claiborne now. And, if they take Claiborne, they're talking about Kalil dropping to 6. I really hope that happens. We need a WR, but we also need a solid O-Line. And, if this Kalil kid is anything close to the hype, we're looking at another Orlando Pace caliber lineman. Getting him + Randle would be pretty nice.

Are you guys talking about Alshon Jeffery? If so, I don't want him. I've heard that he's pretty lazy. There have been comparisons made between him and the WR that just tried to revive his career a year or two ago with Seattle. Can't think of his name, but he was a high pick, but extremely lazy and gained a lot of weight once he got paid.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cardsfan04 wrote: Are you guys talking about Alshon Jeffery? If so, I don't want him. I've heard that he's pretty lazy. There have been comparisons made between him and the WR that just tried to revive his career a year or two ago with Seattle. Can't think of his name, but he was a high pick, but extremely lazy and gained a lot of weight once he got paid.
Mike Williams is the name you are looking for, and I completely agree. I wouldn't touch Jeffery in the fourth round.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote: Are you guys talking about Alshon Jeffery? If so, I don't want him. I've heard that he's pretty lazy. There have been comparisons made between him and the WR that just tried to revive his career a year or two ago with Seattle. Can't think of his name, but he was a high pick, but extremely lazy and gained a lot of weight once he got paid.
Mike Williams is the name you are looking for, and I completely agree. I wouldn't touch Jeffery in the fourth round.
Yep. That's exactly who I was thinking of. It was on the tip of tongue.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Man, you peeps are shooting down my ideas. I will say, I'm going off of what I've heard from draft pundits and other websites, I really haven't been as in tune with college football the last few years. There are so many question marks for the Rams in the draft this year. This really could be a draft that turns this team around.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

dmiles2186 wrote:Man, you peeps are shooting down my ideas. I will say, I'm going off of what I've heard from draft pundits and other websites, I really haven't been as in tune with college football the last few years. There are so many question marks for the Rams in the draft this year. This really could be a draft that turns this team around.
lol, sorry. Didn't mean to (or even realize it).

Agree on this being a draft to turns things around though. First in a series of them IMO with extra 1st rounders each of the next 2 years. If the Rams draft well (feels odd being hopeful for that lol), Rams could be really good in a few years.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Man, you peeps are shooting down my ideas. I will say, I'm going off of what I've heard from draft pundits and other websites, I really haven't been as in tune with college football the last few years. There are so many question marks for the Rams in the draft this year. This really could be a draft that turns this team around.
lol, sorry. Didn't mean to (or even realize it).
No, it's fine...haha. I was just kidding around. Now that I read that back, it's hard to tell it was a joking tone...haha. Like I mentioned, I'm not big into college football the last few years so you guys probably know more than I do about these prospects.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Yeah, I thought you might be joking.

I'm getting pumped for tonight. I really don't know what to expect. Could go as projected for a few weeks. Or, shit could go crazy tonight. I heard that the Jets want to move from 16 to 3 to get Richardson. That has to be the absolute dumbest thing the Jets could do. Richardson might be great, but he's not worth 19 picks.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

The hour is nigh...

And the Browns traded to #3...looks like they're going for Richardson. So the Ram will be staring at either Blackmon, Claiborne or Kalil. If that stay at #6, that is.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

that was bullshit, you trade all those (Franking) picks to move up one (Franking) spot. The Browns are beyond repair and if they think they can right the ship with one (Franking) RB, they're sorely (Franking) mistaken. Stupid stupid stupid.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

The price of moving up didn't bother me. 4th 5th and 7th are 3 total crapshoot picks. But, why was it necessary? Vikings weren't going to take him obviously. So, who did they think would trade in front of them? Rams wouldn't. Doubt the Bucs would. And, the further you go back, the more it's going to cost, to the point of being unrealistic. Especially considering the school of thought that says a RB shouldn't be drafted high.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Holy shit, we moved back to 14. I'm not heart broken about losing Blackmon. But, I would have liked Claiborne. I hope we didn't just lose out on a superstar.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Please be DeCastro.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Les Snead for President, Parliament, Student Body President...

I like trading down, I like getting ANOTHER 2nd round (2 in the first 13 picks), and I like Brockers. Our run D sucked balls last year...and the year before...and the year before.

I could see them trading back up late in the 1st for a WR (read they were really impressed with Kendall Wright). Or they could sit on all 3 picks and just wait for people to call after tonight because they hold the first pick tomorrow and the first pick on Saturday. Rams just need players. The more picks the better.