Series Thread > Cards vs Cubs > Apr 13-15

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Series Thread > Cards vs Cubs > Apr 13-15

Post by dmiles2186 »

Game 1: Friday @ 2:15, FSMW/MLBN (All the home opener stuff will start at 1:30 per FSMW)
Samardzija vs Wainwright
Game 2: Saturday @ 12:05, Fox
Volstad vs Lynn
Game 3: Sunday @ 1:15, FSMW
Maholm vs Westbrook

I'm guessing none of us are excited about this series at all. :grin: I took today (Friday) off so I can watch the home opener. I love that. I always like the pomp and circumstance before the game and it's even better since they're going to be hoisting a new banner.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Series Thread > Cards vs Cubs > Apr 13-15

Post by cardsfan04 »

I took today off too. My dad and I go to the home opener pretty much every year. We don't have tickets yet, but probably should be able to find some downtown.

Hopefully the rain stays away, or at least isn't too bad.

BTW, as fun as it will be to raise the flag and get rings in front of the Cubs, am I the only one who thinks it's dumb to play the Cubs for the home opener? They're going to sell out the home opener every year no matter what. They're going to sell out Cub games every year no matter what. So, why schedule them for the home opener?
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

I'm at work, but for every home opener they have me BBQ for the entire company. I think most of the employee's appreciate it.

I'm just glad this rain is going to delay the game enough that I should be home in time to watch it.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Cards, Cards, Cubs
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I love this Carpenter kid. My dad told me about him last year after he saw him in Jupiter. Kid hustles more than anybody on the team.

What I'm excited about more than anything though is his ability to walk/get on base. He has an incredible batter's eye and could easily be a .400 OBP guy in the MLB as that's a trait that generally translates from level to level very well. Additionally, it means he makes solid contact more than most, so if he can get his bat speed up and add a power element to his game, we could have a ball player on our hands.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen