Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Post by dmiles2186 »

I picked it up after work yesterday and played probably for an hour total (started campaign, did 2-3 multiplayer matches). So far it lives up to the hype. Anyone else playing? I'm on the 360. Gamertag is dmiles22.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:I picked it up after work yesterday and played probably for an hour total (started campaign, did 2-3 multiplayer matches). So far it lives up to the hype. Anyone else playing? I'm on the 360. Gamertag is dmiles22.

I opted to go Battlefield this time.

I really don't like the MW titles, all the maps are the same, all the guns are the same, and it's nothing more then nubtubes and random grenade kills.

Battlefield actually has a new engine and destructible environments and it's more of a team-player game.

That said...if I was better at running and gunning, I probably would have stuck with COD......but I'm too slow and too inaccurate, so I made the switch.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:I picked it up after work yesterday and played probably for an hour total (started campaign, did 2-3 multiplayer matches). So far it lives up to the hype. Anyone else playing? I'm on the 360. Gamertag is dmiles22.

I really don't like the MW titles, all the maps are the same, all the guns are the same, and it's nothing more then nubtubes and random grenade kills.

Battlefield actually has a new engine and destructible environments and it's more of a team-player game.

That said...if I was better at running and gunning, I probably would have stuck with COD......but I'm too slow and too inaccurate, so I made the switch.
I could see that. I played Battlefield 2 a bit and while I liked it, I just prefer MW. I don't get to play video games as much as I used to, so I pretty much stick to what I know. Each year there are 2 titles I'm guaranteed to buy: NHL 1x and COD. I got on to play MW3 last night and there was already a dude at level 60. The game had only been out for about 18 hours. That dude must have been playing non stop all night which is just ridiculous.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

DaDitka wrote:

It is true he couldn't hit sand if he fell off of a camel. But so far Battlefield 3 is fun all be it is a definate change from COD.

Just FYI Batman Arkham City is amazing

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

hows yall doing on this one?
I'm behind some of my buddies, but i'm about half done (38) with my 3rd prestige, i think (the silver cross with blue circle background)(on xbox).
beat the campagin (on pc) on hardened. Its been a long time since i've played pc games, and i just got a new keyboard, so i actually played through rookie, whatever the middle level is and hardened.

Damn work has been getting in the way latly...grumble grumble.

And now for the actual reason for my post!
Has anybody figured out if there is some easier way to look at your stats outside of ELITE? I remember you could look at k/d and kills/deaths with certain weapons, etc on mw2 and black ops...

Is there any way to see this without gettnig out of the actual mw3 game and launching the god-forsaken ELITE application on the xbox? I know you can look at it on the computer, buuuut i'm lazy...imagine that.
dmiles2186 wrote:I'm on the 360. Gamertag is dmiles22.
yo yo, i'm stinkdified
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I'm on Xbox Live. Hit me up if you want to kill me a whole bunch and improve your stats: ViP3Rx007
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko