Official: Season Cancelled.

A collection of some of the best threads evar!!!

Moderator: LGB Mods

Vielhuber
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Vielhuber »

When do I get my refund!!!

WarriorPoet
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by WarriorPoet »

So close, and now we're so far away again...

Back to "linkage," "free market," and "philosophical differences."

A whole year wasted, and no hope for next year.

<sigh>

I feel like my dog just died.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Vielhuber wrote:When do I get my refund!!!
very soon I hope. I want my dough
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

It's amazing that the players still don't get it. They've blamed this on Bettman all along. Guess what player. If I was commissioner, I would have done the same thing.

Death to the NHLPA!

:evil:

I feel sick.

TC

Post by TC »

as easy as it has always been to use bettman as a scapegoat for everything that's wrong with hockey (and sometimes rightly so), he is handling himself very well at this press conference and i agree with - and more importantly, understand - exactly what he's saying.

i think he clearly loves hockey more than i ever thought he did.

i'm sure i will have plenty of negative things to say about him in the future, but today, this man has my respect. he has done everything logically possible to get this done and the PA wrecked his train.

Demonchildren On Ice
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
Location: Two and a half sheets to the wind, and counting....

Post by Demonchildren On Ice »

Guppy wrote:That damn close.

Way to go :roll:
It never should have gotten to this point. If those two (Frankers) would have talked on a regular basis, this could have been avoided.

Stupidy.
Greed.
Stubborness.
Pride.

All took a front seat to "Fans".

(Frank) you, Bob. (Frank) you, Gary. (Frank) you, NHL.

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

Bring on the replacement players.
May the NHLPA members and Goodenow all burn in hell.

Demonchildren On Ice
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

TC wrote:as easy as it has always been to use bettman as a scapegoat for everything that's wrong with hockey (and sometimes rightly so), he is handling himself very well at this press conference and i agree with - and more importantly, understand - exactly what he's saying.

i'm sure i will have plenty of negative things to say about him in the future, but today, this man has my respect. he has done everything logically possible to get this done and the PA wrecked his train.
except work like hell to get phone calls, meetings, and emails sent/received during the last 4 months.....

Nsane2Bme
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Nsane2Bme »

It won't surprise me if there is not a season next year either...

stlloki
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by stlloki »

He keeps saying that there will be a season next year...but how if they can't come to an agrement? Is there a process to get replacement players to fill the teams?
Official sponsor of the ASCII Sig.

Airshark
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Airshark »

[img]http://www.airshark.com/images/deadatlast.jpg[/img]

Is there going to be much posting on LGB for the next few months? I don't see the point.

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

TC wrote:as easy as it has always been to use bettman as a scapegoat for everything that's wrong with hockey (and sometimes rightly so), he is handling himself very well at this press conference and i agree with - and more importantly, understand - exactly what he's saying.

Good point. I've done my share of criticizing him in the past, and probably do more in the future, but I cannot argue what he has done in this negotiation at all.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Well, that's the end of the season, but there's still a lot of work to be done if there is going to be hockey in September.

Bah, who am I fooling? Nothing will be done until it's too late again. Whether it's an impasse or the next season, these idiots will wait until it's too late.

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

ksbluesfan wrote:Well, that's the end of the season, but there's still a lot of work to be done if there is going to be hockey in September.

Bah, who am I fooling? Nothing will be done until it's too late again. Whether it's an impasse or the next season, these idiots will wait until it's too late.
If there is going to be nhl hockey in September, it will have to be with replacement players. Unless the players have a full scale revolt, Goodenow will not fold even at the cost of 2 or 3 seasons.

TC

Post by TC »

Demonchildren On Ice wrote:

except work like hell to get phone calls, meetings, and emails sent/received during the last 4 months.....
well demon, i'm pretty sure a negotiation goes like this: one party makes an offer, the other party accepts it or the other party regects it then counter-offers. bettman's responsibility to the owners and the game far supersedes what the NHLPA unfairly expected of him.

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

With the way deadlines and time pressures work, do you guys expect the two sides to meet anytime soon?

They didn't meet between September and December.

I could see them waiting until the Summer, if not the latter half.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

barnburner
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by barnburner »

Jack T Adams wrote:With the way deadlines and time pressures work, do you guys expect the two sides to meet anytime soon?

They didn't meet between September and December.

I could see them waiting until the Summer, if not the latter half.
It all depends on player reaction. If they rise up and force Goodenow to do somthing, negotiations could start anytime.
If the silent majority continue to stay passive - I'd say we are looking at losing a minimum of next season before anything gets done.

Demonchildren On Ice
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

TC wrote:
Demonchildren On Ice wrote:

well demon, i'm pretty sure a negotiation goes like this: one party makes an offer, the other party accepts it or the other party regects it then counter-offers. bettman's responsibility to the owners and the game far supersedes what the NHLPA unfairly expected of him.
Well, TC, I'm pretty sure condescending goes like this:
If Bettmen was working for the best action of the NHL, he would have sent Goodenow a proposal, and then followed up with a phone call, and then another phone call, all with conversations starting like this

"Hey, Bob. We really gotta make this thing work. No sense being stubborn about it, there are a lot of people depending on us." and continuing to build a relationship rather than a wall between the two of them.

I don't call sending a proposal, and then waiting weeks or months for a response a "negotiation." I call it a half-assed attempt, with the results not the focus at all.

Of course, that's just me.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Buttman does not get why players would play in smaller buildings or get paid less by playing in Europe....the league is ON, not off. That is why.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

TC

Post by TC »

well demon, that was more of a "sigh" than "condescending", as i am pretty (Franking) depressed. but i see your point.