Tubman and the $20 Bill... debate

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Tubman and the $20 Bill... debate

Post by glen a richter »

I don't normally find myself in agreement with either Donald Trump or Ben Carson on anything, but I find the whole idea of changing who's on which currency to be a bit whackadoodles. I understand that a main reason was because of an increased focus on preventing counterfeiting, but there are so many other ways to go about doing that.

I mean we live in an increasingly paper-moneyless world anyway but I guess there's still a need for it. I would be in favor of different colors for different currencies, color patterns that are difficult to precisely duplicate. Or rotate the existing faces every year to make counterfeiting harder.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Tubman and the $20 Bill... debate

Post by cardsfan04 »

I was kinda surprised when I heard about it. Seems a bit unnecessary. But, I can't say that I really mind it either. Entire thing seems kinda trivial to me.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Obama has stated he wants more diversity on US currency - hence the change. Andrew Jackson owned slaves as well so those campaigning for a move for the past few years wanted him replaced. Someone it then turned to replacing Hamilton on the $10 but now we're back to the $20. The whole thing seems unnecessary to me given all the other issues this country has.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Kerfuffle wrote:Obama has stated he wants more diversity on US currency - hence the change. Andrew Jackson owned slaves as well so those campaigning for a move for the past few years wanted him replaced. Someone it then turned to replacing Hamilton on the $10 but now we're back to the $20. The whole thing seems unnecessary to me given all the other issues this country has.
George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned slaves, too. Why aren't they being removed??

Lame reasoning.

Time for the bad joke:

Is the Harriet Tubman $20 only worth $14?
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season