USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Post by ComradeT »

USWNT does it again beating the very good Japan team 5-2 in the final! Hopefully USMNT can take some inspiration from this for their Gold Cup games.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Post by glen a richter »

Good lord, I watched about 15 minutes of that shit because my wife had it on, I have never yawned so many times in a 15 minute span in my entire life. Boringgggggggggg. I mean good for team USA, national pride and all of that, but why can't we get excited over something actually worthwhile? There's nothing less American than frikken soccer.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Is it because you can't see the ball, Glen?
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Nope, I can see the ball just fine. It's because there's zero action. 90 minutes you think the game is finally over but then they hit you with some extra time just for fun. And in 90 minutes you see maybe 10 shots, how hard is it to just kick the damn ball on that oversized freaking net? I will credit USA and Japan for potting 7 goals. Normally it would take 14 soccer games to tally 7 goals total.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:Nope, I can see the ball just fine. It's because there's zero action. 90 minutes you think the game is finally over but then they hit you with some extra time just for fun. And in 90 minutes you see maybe 10 shots, how hard is it to just kick the damn ball on that oversized freaking net? I will credit USA and Japan for potting 7 goals. Normally it would take 14 soccer games to tally 7 goals total.
Speaking of boring, the ol' 'They don't score a lot so it HAS to be boring' mindset. That's totally American. And it's totally out of style.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I thought the game was very exciting! That goal from center-- err... mid field way awesome.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

abc789987 wrote:I thought the game was very exciting! That goal from center-- err... mid field way awesome.
Yeah...not sure how anyone can say that particular game wasn't exciting. Lots of goals total and early on in the game a bunch of goals were scored right away, and that one from center was killer.

I guess I don't feel there has to be a lot of goals or even a lot of scoring chances for a soccer game to be exciting. There is so much more going on as far as strategy goes. Hell, some of the best hockey games can be 0-0 midway through the 3rd period. And what about the 1-0 Cardinals playoff win in Philadelphia...Carpenter vs. Halladay? That was a tremendously exciting baseball game...an instant classic if you will.

But back to soccer, who doesn't find corner kicks exciting? There is a lot of suspense and anticipation every time.
I simply enjoy watching the skill of soccer players moving the ball up and down the field and looking for an opening for a scoring chance. The strategy and skill is quite fascinating to me. And there aren't many goals at all, which makes the "just misses" all the more gut wrenching...and then when a goal is scored there is jubilation because one goal frequently wins the game.

I was at a Roma vs. Dynamo Kiev soccer game in Rome when we were in Europe. It was crazy intense. The atmosphere was nuts. It was one of the most unique and cool experiences I have ever had. It was like a Stanley Cup final game 7 type atmosphere...yet it was a regular season game. It was neat.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/