THE OFFICIAL POLITICS THREAD

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Re: THE OFFICIAL POLITICS THREAD

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Wings fan, I do see what you are saying but if you let too many 3rd world elements in then the nation itself becomes third world. What would happen if we just open the borders and let ANYONE from ANY 3rd world nation in? This includes some awful nations in eastern Europe that are WHITE! I don't care if you are white as a ghost or black as the dark you need to apply legally to enter into America and I bet everyone here agrees with me. Anything else would result in anarchy and chaos.

There are illegals in other 1st world nations but many have gotten tougher on them. Italy and Australia have both increased and expedited deportations. Japan has almost zero tolerance for any illegals and even asylum requests there are next to impossible.

As far as the impact of illegal workers goes they ARE bringing down wages for some laborers in America. One analysis on CNN showed if you had Americans picking lettuce instead of illegals it would raise the cost of lettuce by 10 cents a head! They also said the cost of a burger would go up only a few cents as well. Now don't you think most Americans would pay a few cents extra for food to have Americans do the job?

As far as roofers go the employers are already breaking the law. They aren't supposed to hire illegals and many states require the use of e-verify to ensure their employees have legal status.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Look at the SHOCKING stats below about Mexifornia..err I mean California! This is why we need to deport illegals and have a strong border!

From the L. A. Times.:

1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County (L.. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8 Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.

10. in L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish. (There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County.)

(All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States 'annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

We are fools for letting this continue.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

Send copies of this letter to at least two other people. 100 would be even better.

This is only one State...If this doesn't open your eyes nothing will, and you wonder why Nancy Pelosi wants them to become voters!

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Look at the SHOCKING stats below about Mexifornia..err I mean California! This is why we need to deport illegals and have a strong border!

From the L. A. Times.:

1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County (L.. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8 Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.

10. in L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish. (There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County.)

(All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States 'annual population growth (and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

We are fools for letting this continue.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

Send copies of this letter to at least two other people. 100 would be even better.

This is only one State...If this doesn't open your eyes nothing will, and you wonder why Nancy Pelosi wants them to become voters!
That looks like an f'ing email I'd get from my Grandma.

edit... And just as I thought. It's not from the L.A. Times, it's an email you just copied and pasted from various sources that Snopes says is a mixed bag of lies and truths. JUST LIKE A GRANDMA WOULD EMAIL OUT.

Read:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't post crap like that in here.
:roll:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I saw that too but much of it is true or close to true so it's NOT crap. Even the article challenging it says the Pew Hispanic Center themselves say only 4% of illegals are in agriculture! FOUR percent! The majority are in the service and construction industries. They definitely are taking jobs away from America citizens because many people trying to get jobs in construction can't get them!

So we can deport 96% of illegals and keep the 4% who work in agriculture.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Why are Mexicans allowed to stay if they are in agriculture, but not other industries? I don't get the logic.

And, yeah, that article is crap. If you have to make shit up to make your point, you should reconsider your point. If you don't have to make shit up, then don't.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Come on guys, even if only 20% of that is true it's STILL shocking. Plus those stats were taken from LA Times over a period of 20 years. And it matters because picking lettuce and tomatoes are allegedly the jobs that no one else will do but illegals yet MILLIONS of of American citizens work in service and construction industries which have the most illegals. CONFIRMED only 4 percent of illegals work in agriculture! Plus see below from the Washington Times:

An overwhelming majority of Americans say they have deep worries that illegal immigration will erode the country’s culture and economy, revealed a new poll.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that 70 percent of Americans — including 86 percent of Republicans — say illegal immigrants threaten traditional U.S. believes and customs, as well as jeopardize the economy.

The widespread fear emerged just as President Obama mulled executive action to circumvent Congress and ease immigration policy, likely granting legal status to 5 million undocumented residents and further limiting deportations.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z3VuHb4zFe 
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... nomy-poll/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

You posted a bogus article full of lies and half truths.
Don't throw crap against a wall and hope some of it sticks.
It's all about credibility. Posts like that make it hard for folks to think you have any.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Come on guys, even if only 20% of that is true it's STILL shocking. Plus those stats were taken from LA Times over a period of 20 years. And it matters because picking lettuce and tomatoes are allegedly the jobs that no one else will do but illegals yet MILLIONS of of American citizens work in service and construction industries which have the most illegals. CONFIRMED only 4 percent of illegals work in agriculture! Plus see below from the Washington Times:

An overwhelming majority of Americans say they have deep worries that illegal immigration will erode the country’s culture and economy, revealed a new poll.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that 70 percent of Americans — including 86 percent of Republicans — say illegal immigrants threaten traditional U.S. believes and customs, as well as jeopardize the economy.

The widespread fear emerged just as President Obama mulled executive action to circumvent Congress and ease immigration policy, likely granting legal status to 5 million undocumented residents and further limiting deportations.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z3VuHb4zFe 
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... nomy-poll/
If 20% of what you are saying is true, separate that 20%, post it and we can discuss it. With 80% of garbage in between it's impossible... Plus, and I am pretty sure I speak for others here, your 20% is inflated quite a bit. Say, by 20%, give or take.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Just how in the world are you going to round up and deport that many people? It's logistically impossible. Making laws that made it unappealing to come here in the first place could be a start. However, simply deporting millions of people will never happen. Deploying local police units to document everyone and see who is and isn't here legally and then get them legalized through the proper channels would take forever but it's more feasible than trying to do a wholesale deportation.

As for illegals who are here and engaged in criminal behavior (other than the criminal behavior of being here illegally) such as gang related activities or drug related crimes, they should be deported immediately, as they're not productive members of society and shouldn't be afforded the same rights to a trial as an actual citizen. Those whose ONLY crime is being here illegally should be given every chance to legalize themselves.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

So law breaking has NO consequences? You realize what a wrong message that sends to simply say "you broke the law but we'll give you citizenship anyway!".

Plus it is VERY unfair to the millions who waited YEARS and took all the proper steps to apply LEGALLY. I know someone who waited 10 YEARS just to enter America. All he has is a green card and he's not even guaranteed citizenship eventhough he followed the law to the LETTER!

I'm mostly liberal but I'm firmly with the GOP here. Thanks to Obama's unlawful actions the GOP controlled House will NEVER give them citizenship. Legal status is one thing but citizenship is another.

BTW, ICE stats show they deport about 400,000 people a year. That would be 2 million people in 5 years. If they pick up the pace they could do more. So you could deport 3 or 4 million of the 12 million illegals here if you wanted to.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Hey, if you can come up with a way to guarantee they all get rounded up, sent away and no one else can possibly get in illegally, knock yourself out.

Realistically, we have to deal with the situation at hand in the most feasible way, and that's not by expecting INS to deport 100% of all illegal aliens.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

glen a richter wrote:Hey, if you can come up with a way to guarantee they all get rounded up, sent away and no one else can possibly get in illegally, knock yourself out.

Realistically, we have to deal with the situation at hand in the most feasible way, and that's not by expecting INS to deport 100% of all illegal aliens.
They're called ICE now as in ice hockey. :mrgreen:

Now that's a better response. Actually in the 1950s Operation Wetback caused several million to return back to Mexico over a 10 year period. Some were deported. Some went voluntarily. ICE already deports around 400,000 a year so thag could realistically be increased to 500k or 600k which would at least make a dent in the law breakers residing here.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Yesterday the Missouri House passed a bill that requires students at all public schools to recite the Pledge of Allegiance daily in English.
"Next thing you know we're reciting our Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic," Roden said
I can't think of a single valid reason to care if somebody recites the Pledge in Arabic. I just don't get the need for this law or how it protects or improves anything at all.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I can't think of a reason why anyone should be forced to recite the pledge in any language, or the pledge in its totality.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

glen a richter wrote:I can't think of a reason why anyone should be forced to recite the pledge in any language, or the pledge in its totality.
Yeah, that crossed my mind too. That part of it doesn't really bother me one way or another, but it's a bit odd. I read somewhere that the Supreme Court ruled against requiring people to recite it though. If that's true, I wonder how long this bill has anyway.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

I agree it's not THAT big of a deal that the national anthem is sung in a different language but should be sung in English first. The part I'm shocked about is English is not the national language in America or even the official state language in Missouri!

If you ask why just look at Canada and India. Quebec almost broke away from Canada and a lot of that was due to language. In Quebec they are very pro French and street and store signs must be in French. Imagine if we drove to Illinois and all the signs were in French or Spanish?

You know India is very well known for science and high tech workers. They've also had language riots because there are at least 20 languages along with many more dialects.

English is the key bond of communication that holds us together so it should be the OFFICIAL language in America! Or AT LEAST in Missouri.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I agree it's not THAT big of a deal that the national anthem is sung in a different language but should be sung in English first. The part I'm shocked about is English is not the national language in America or even the official state language in Missouri!

If you ask why just look at Canada and India. Quebec almost broke away from Canada and a lot of that was due to language. In Quebec they are very pro French and street and store signs must be in French. Imagine if we drove to Illinois and all the signs were in French or Spanish?

You know India is very well known for science and high tech workers. They've also had language riots because there are at least 20 languages along with many more dialects.

English is the key bond of communication that holds us together so it should be the OFFICIAL language in America! Or AT LEAST in Missouri.
I believe English actually is the official language of Missouri, but there isn't an official language of the federal government. For road signs and things like that, yeah, require it to be in English. There's a safety concern there. I don't see any practical impact of somebody reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in another language though.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Ok, I stand corrected. Based on a 2008 amendment English became Missouri's official language but it only applies to government matters. Nice to see 86% of voters voted for it. I CANNOT believe English is not the official language of the U.S. government! That is a JOKE!

http://ballotpedia.org/Missouri_English ... t_1_(2008)

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I disagree tremendously with America not having an official language. It should be English, end of discussion.

What I also disagree with is that while we bend over backwards to accommodate people who don't choose to learn English by having Spanish signs everywhere (but not Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Urdu, etc... even though speakers of those languages also live in America) or having the voice on the phone tell us to "Markay un dos", we still expect children, who by the way are at the perfect age to learn English unlike their parents, take and pass the same tests as native speaking English students without first immersing them in courses that will get their English on par with everyone elses. Non native speakers should do intense, intense two years solid of only learning the language before being expected to complete high school requirements. If that puts them on a 6 year track instead of a 4 year track then big deal. They'll be better prepared because of it.

Regarding English speakers learning a foreign language, I think it's disgraceful that very little emphasis is put on that. Everyone should speak at least one additional language with some degree of proficiency. I've tried and failed to learn multiple foreign languages... Spanish while in school, Swedish, Chinese, Greek, failed miserably, because I wasn't taught them at the right age. Sure, I know a few key words in each language, but not enough to carry out a long conversation.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I'm not opposed to an official language per se, just making people speak in that official language at seemingly arbitrary times.