NHL15

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

NHL15

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Anybody have this yet?

I have it on PS4. I've only played a couple games...well, I played 1 game and then it locked up during the second one, so...we'll see if that keeps happening.

The graphics are pretty crazy. There are a few times where my brain actually gets confused because GAMES AREN'T SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THAT! It's mostly the little details that do that. Stuff that seems like it wouldn't make much of a difference, but does.

The gameplay doesn't seem a whole lot different, though certain elements have improved. I haven't messed much with the sliders but that will probably help even more.

Why is Lehtera not in the game?!?!?!?!? I suppose there will be a roster update soon for that. EA always sucks with rosters at launch. There was even a roster update dated Sept 3 but he still wasn't on there. :twisted:

If any of you have PS4 you should look me up on PSN: B-Tips
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: NHL15

Post by dmiles2186 »

I actually cancelled my NHL pre-order. You can't draft in GM mode as of now (they're patching it in). You can't sim to your next shift on Be a Pro (because so many people want to just sit around and wait), and they took out a bunch of online stuff.

Frustrating. I've never been angrier at EA than with that. They gutted the game. Graphics look great from the demo I played. Great presentation. But you've gotta give me game mode choices. You can't just cut out the middle like that.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

dmiles2186 wrote:I actually cancelled my NHL pre-order. You can't draft in GM mode as of now (they're patching it in). You can't sim to your next shift on Be a Pro (because so many people want to just sit around and wait), and they took out a bunch of online stuff.

Frustrating. I've never been angrier at EA than with that. They gutted the game. Graphics look great from the demo I played. Great presentation. But you've gotta give me game mode choices. You can't just cut out the middle like that.
Hmm. I generally don't do drafts and I haven't played the Be a Pro mode yet so I hadn't noticed those parts. That's not good.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:I actually cancelled my NHL pre-order. You can't draft in GM mode as of now (they're patching it in). You can't sim to your next shift on Be a Pro (because so many people want to just sit around and wait), and they took out a bunch of online stuff.

Hmm. I generally don't do drafts and I haven't played the Be a Pro mode yet so I hadn't noticed those parts. That's not good.
I guess it depends on what you'll get out of it. I know EA will deliver the gameplay and the graphics, but I mean, when I do Be a GM, and I'm building a team and trading for draft picks, I want to be able to draft. That's one of my favorite things to do, along with then developing those guys that I've drafted. I just can't fathom in this day and age of sports gaming, leaving out something as basic as drafting. An option for the CPU drafting for you? Fine. But don't make that the standard. Like I said, they're patching it in, so it'll be fixed. But why not just delay the game a bit to get these features in?

Sorry, don't mean to deuce on the game in your thread. My dad got a copy of it so I plan on installing it and giving it a spin just to try it out. But I'm thinking I'm going to have to sit this one out until they get some of this stuff right. Sad because this was a game I looked forward to all summer.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

On a more positive topic, how much better are Doc, Eddzo, and Ferraro compared to Thorne/Clement? And I was curious if the new Blues jerseys were in the game.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

dmiles2186 wrote:On a more positive topic, how much better are Doc, Eddzo, and Ferraro compared to Thorne/Clement? And I was curious if the new Blues jerseys were in the game.
I think they're definitely better, but it's not hard to be better when you consider most of what Thorne/Clement (who I actually really do like) said were regurgitated sound bytes recorded a decade ago. You also have Ray Ferraro between the benches in this one, which I didn't even know until I played. At least it's not Pierre....

It feels like they kind of mellowed out Doc a bit though; scripted him a bit; he doesn't say as many of his "normal" lines. I was hoping to hear "...and the puck skitters..." but I haven't heard it yet in probably 5 games.

No new Blues jerseys either.... :(

Hopefully there will be a patch. No Lehtera, even with a roster update on September 3, is still annoying.

Compared to FIFA, NHL still has some work to do. It just doesn't feel as polished, overall, as FIFA does. The player movements still feel a bit sluggish to me, but that's been the case the last few seasons. I know you can up the game speed and that does help, but I'm more referring to the cuts (changing directions), reactions, etc. It's not bad, but when you get to this stage of computer technology most of the complaints tend to be the picky ones.

The way the puck moves and reacts is excellent. The crowds are great.

Why don't they have the real coaches? That's always bothered me too. And why don't they play "When the Saints..." on a Blues home goal? Come on. Here Comes the King? I NEED TEH ORGANZ!

One other annoying thing: The bench is wrong, at least at Scottrade. If you're looking at them from the side where the center ice bluenote is right side up, the Blues are sitting on the right side and the opponents are on the left...that's just lazy.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I'm still waiting for it to show up here and then I'll be playing on the 360.