St.Louis World Cup ratings awful! (article)

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Re: St.Louis World Cup ratings awful! (article)

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

I totally agree with you guys. Like I have said most of our attraction to sports is CULTURAL. If we grew up in Europe chances are we'd love soccer. I meant as an American growing up watching our sports I find soccer boring and generally don't watch except for World Cups and big international games. Speaking of cultural remember how whipped up the nation got following the women's team en route to their World Cup win and Olympic gold medal win? That can help weave you into a nation's sports fabric. Now I always follow the USWNT at big tournaments like that along with the men of course.

For example in hockey I have heard so many stories of how St.Louisans got into hockey by listening to Dan Kelly on the radio and TV. I grew up watching the Blues on Channel 11 and Federko, Sutter, and Gilmour are the guys who got me to love hockey!

I got into Neil Lomax, Roy Green, OJ Anderson, Stump Mitchell, and Pat Tiley right before the Big Red moved to Phoenix. I still say that 1984 9-7 team is the greatest team EVER to not make the playoffs! If Neil O'Donoghue makes that field goal the Big Red host their first ever playoff game and likely would've played the Niners in the NFC Championship!

As far as boreball goes I have never liked it but saw bits and pieces of all those runs from those great Cards teams. If we grew up in other parts of the world we could like cricket, lacrosse, ping pong, badminton, and who knows what else!