2015 Soccer Thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2015 Soccer Thread

Post by cprice12 »

ComradeT wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
ComradeT wrote:I realized today that I actually have two favorite teams, not one. The first is my beloved Manchester United. The second is whoever is playing Real Madrid. Anyone in the same boat? Any other teams you guys hate as much?
Liverpool. I also have grown to hate Chelsea even more this year (mostly because of Jose Murinho). I typically despise the big clubs in most leagues, including your Man U, and Man City of course. But Liverpool I have a seething hate for and typically want whoever is playing them to stomp a mud hole in them.
So... should Rams fans start collectively and wholeheartedly hating Arsenal if Kroenke moves the team to LA?
I already hate them because of Kroenke.
I am kind of hating the Rams right now too...and I hate Kroenke even more for making me hate the Rams.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cprice12 wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
ComradeT wrote:I realized today that I actually have two favorite teams, not one. The first is my beloved Manchester United. The second is whoever is playing Real Madrid. Anyone in the same boat? Any other teams you guys hate as much?
Liverpool. I also have grown to hate Chelsea even more this year (mostly because of Jose Murinho). I typically despise the big clubs in most leagues, including your Man U, and Man City of course. But Liverpool I have a seething hate for and typically want whoever is playing them to stomp a mud hole in them.
So... should Rams fans start collectively and wholeheartedly hating Arsenal if Kroenke moves the team to LA?
I already hate them because of Kroenke.
I am kind of hating the Rams right now too...and I hate Kroenke even more for making me hate the Rams.
I sort of feel the same way too. I don't outright hate them but mostly because they always seem to get in their own way.

As for Kroenke, him making me question my Rams fandom is almost unforgivable. Even if they build a stadium and the team stays...how many people will he have driven off because of this?

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

MLS players are threatening to strike. Like anyone would notice if they all disappeared! :lol:

Garber said MLS is losing $100 million a year. I'm surprised it's not a lot more considering the WNBA gets more viewers!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

MLS avoids a strike and has a great first weekend. That Orlando City crowd was pretty spectacular. I really like that Fox and ESPN now have set weekly time slots so it's easy to find games.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

A great first weekend that 99.9% of the nation could care less about. :lol:

If you ask the average person on the street they'll tell you MLS is a real estate listing service.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:A great first weekend that 99.9% of the nation could care less about. :lol:

If you ask the average person on the street they'll tell you MLS is a real estate listing service.
Yeah, I don't care.

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Ouch...I guess since you guys have never been much of a threat I have never really hated Everton. How's the bottom of the table looking? :wink:

I do of course hate ManUre the most of any team. I wish for them to fail as soon as they walk out of the dressing room on to the pitch. Loathe them! Hate them! Just saying I hate them! :evil:

I don't like the Chavs but that's mostly because of Jose Moron-ho. It's weird because I don't hate Man City that much. I guess it's because they were in the lower leagues for so long. I don't begrudge them for being bought by a Bazillionare. I bet all teams wish that would happen to them. Pellegrini seems like a real classy fellow. Hope they catch the Chavs...
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Haha...yeah, I deserve that. Bottom of the table is nerve wracking but Roberto Martinez is as positive and sunny as ever!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:A great first weekend that 99.9% of the nation could care less about. :lol:

Oh, by the way, 62,000 in Orlando for a soccer match. Pulled in decent ratings in the UK, where rights were recently purchased to air MLS games over there, as well.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

dmiles2186 wrote:

Oh, by the way, 62,000 in Orlando for a soccer match. Pulled in decent ratings in the UK, where rights were recently purchased to air MLS games over there, as well.
LOL..how many were illegals? :lol:

After all, they're between 12 and 20 million illegals here. The mainstream media still totally ignores MLS. MLS will never be part of American sports culture like the other team sports are.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Oh come on, I hate soccer as much as anyone but I know and you know and everyone knows that "99.9% of America doesn't care about soccer" is a flat out lie.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

I said MLS and it's very true.

About .1% care about MLS which is around 320,000 people. So around 99.9% of people don't. I've asked many people about MLS and most don't even know what it is other than the real estate listing service.

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I said MLS and it's very true.

About .1% care about MLS which is around 320,000 people. So around 99.9% of people don't. I've asked many people about MLS and most don't even know what it is other than the real estate listing service.
MLS - My Lord and Savior :aaaa:
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

See, even Oakland Blue doesn't know what MLS is! :lol:

As far as the UK buying rights to MLS they are crazy to begin when it comes to sports. They are so used to being dead BORED from sucker...err soccer that they'll watch ANY version of people kicking a ball back & forth to each other! :lol:

We are ALL ice hockey fans here and hockey is a SUPERIOR version of soccer. You score just like soccer but it's a LOT faster plus there is a physical aspect of hockey that soccer doesn't have. And you don't fall asleep during a hockey game! :lol:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

For those interested, Saint Louis FC home opener tickets went on sale yesterday. Other single game tickets on sale soon. I've got mine locked up for the home opener. I'm really pumped to get back to Soccer Park for the first time in 5 years.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I said MLS and it's very true.

This thread was not started so you could troll for reactions and constantly criticize soccer.

Unless you have something to really contribute in this thread, kindly stay out.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

All of our team allegiances aside, I am sure we can all hail Paris Saint Germain for knocking the fothermucking Chelsea out of the competition, and doing it inspite of Zlatan being sent off for no reason. Cudos to the Chelsea old boy David Luiz!! I never liked him before but he's my hero now. As is Tiago Silva, of course.

P S G! P S G! P S G! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Now if only Real would implode in a spectacular fashion.... :ninja:
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Where do I send a donation to help end MLS? That disease needs to be cured before it affects anymore unsuspecting futbal fans.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Lori Chalupny was interviewed on Show Me St.Louis today. She is coming with the USWNT next month for a friendly at Busch. She of course is from St.Louis and said it's her dream to play at Busch. She will likely be on the USWNT at the World Cup this summer.

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Lori Chalupny was interviewed on Show Me St.Louis today. She is coming with the USWNT next month for a friendly at Busch. She of course is from St.Louis and said it's her dream to play at Busch. She will likely be on the USWNT at the World Cup this summer.
Read the wrong way, that post sounds horribly wrong. She's from the STL and it's her dream to play in Busch? :shock: