2015 Soccer Thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Re: 2015 Soccer Thread

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

At Busch not in Busch. :mrgreen:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Oaklandblue wrote:Where do I send a donation to help end MLS? That disease needs to be cured before it affects anymore unsuspecting futbal fans.
I will defend MLS forever. No, it's not the highest quality, but it's a 20 year old league. How many of us had everything figured out at 20? It's had some growing pains, but it's getting there.

The sport is blossoming in this and country partially because of MLS. We've got a domestic league that parents can take their kids to see, we're seeing our national stars up close and in person. Yes, the World Cup, EPL, etc. is what is putting the sport over the top here. But MLS can definitely contribute to that growth. Let's not forget that MLS, as a league, is investing in youth academies all over the country.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

I hear St.Louis FC has started. Did anyone show up at the game? :grin:

Anyone know how it went? I'm surprised KTRS is broadcasting their games. I don't think AC St.Louis or the Athletica had any radio at all although Channel 11 did have a few Athletica games.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I hear St.Louis FC has started. Did anyone show up at the game? :grin:

Anyone know how it went? I'm surprised KTRS is broadcasting their games. I don't think AC St.Louis or the Athletica had any radio at all although Channel 11 did have a few Athletica games.
The season starts in 2 weeks, home opener is April 11 (I'm going). They have played a preseason game. It sold out...5,000 tickets. The stadium holds 6000+ but I think they're adding the extra seats in before the season, thus the capped allotment.

They lost 2-1, I believe. But the St. Louligans were out in full force and the crowd support was great, by all accounts. The reason KTRS is involved (and all USL games are streamed for free on Youtube) is because ownership is much more on the ball this time around compared to AC STL/Athletica. Jeff Cooper was a fraud. St. Louis Scott Gallagher has soccer ties going back awhile, they've got a good solid plan to build this thing, and it could be the start to something big if STL supports this team like they should.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

A couple things:

1) USWNT got a big win against Australia, got former coach Pia Sundhage and Sweden tonight.

2) SEPP BLATTER! DOWN GOES BLATTER!