2015 Soccer Thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: 2014 Soccer Thread

Post by ComradeT »

You know, DM, after Van Gaal having hedged his bets so carefully the other days with whole "long-term project, no title expectations, blah blah blah", I think I'm up for another season of mediocre lateral passing. Ugh.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

dmiles2186 wrote:For (Frank)'s sake, Everton has shat 4 points away in the last 10 minutes of their first 2 games. Up 2-0 on Arsenal in the 80' and come away with a draw. (Frank) everything.
...and still 1pt behind the Reds with a game in hand. :P

The Bright side has to be the ManUre have 1pt total and you guys are above them. :lol:

Baltotelli to be signed on Tuesday and the Reds will win the league. :grin:
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Misc. Blues wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:For (Frank)'s sake, Everton has shat 4 points away in the last 10 minutes of their first 2 games. Up 2-0 on Arsenal in the 80' and come away with a draw. (Frank) everything.
...and still 1pt behind the Reds with a game in hand. :P

The Bright side has to be the ManUre have 1pt total and you guys are above them. :lol:

Baltotelli to be signed on Tuesday and the Reds will win the league. :grin:
You smug little scouser shit you.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

I should really stop giving a shit at this point until United win at least a couple in a row. Waking up to watch a 6:45 am game, only to see United slump to another draw, was rough. And what's with the injuries? More than half of first team is on the DL! Ugh.

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

ComradeT wrote:I should really stop giving a shit at this point until United win at least a couple in a row. Waking up to watch a 6:45 am game, only to see United slump to another draw, was rough. And what's with the injuries? More than half of first team is on the DL! Ugh.
Hey someone needs to tell the Mancs they are playing in the EPL not playing in the MLS there is no #1 draft pick for last place. They are woeful as I have ever seen. If they keep this up they may get relegated. A Swansea loss, a Sunderland draw, a Burnley draw and a 4-0 loss to MK Dons in the League Cup. The ManUre are just so bad. Van Gaal must be trying to get sacked before October but I bet he's gone by January. I've talked to quite a few fans that blame Moyes for this but I think is due to Ferguson. I think Sir Fegie left at the right time leaving anyone that took over with a shite team. They really don't have anyone that is worth a crap. Then they go and spend £59.7M for Di Maria which is $99,116,925.00 for a winger. they need midfielders and defenders. They should have bought 2-3 decent players for that price instead. Rojo can't get a work permit so far. Injuries are ridiculous and they are telling decent players that they can leave. I realize Hernandez isn't top of the top quality but he's better than no player as backup when injuries keep happening. Kagawa (he's a good little player) leaving to Dortmund and Welbeck to Sunderland maybe. WTF has happened to the ManUre? Everton just lost 6-3 to the Chavs and are now tied with the ManUre with 2 points out of a possible 9.

<Razz>
Liverpool have yet to kick a ball in the game against the Spuds and still lead both the Toffees and the ManUre by a point...LOL good times being a Reds fan good (Franking) times I tell ya... :lol: </Razz>

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Misc. Blues wrote:
ComradeT wrote:I should really stop giving a shit at this point until United win at least a couple in a row. Waking up to watch a 6:45 am game, only to see United slump to another draw, was rough. And what's with the injuries? More than half of first team is on the DL! Ugh.
Hey someone needs to tell the Mancs they are playing in the EPL not playing in the MLS there is no #1 draft pick for last place. They are woeful as I have ever seen. If they keep this up they may get relegated. A Swansea loss, a Sunderland draw, a Burnley draw and a 4-0 loss to MK Dons in the League Cup. The ManUre are just so bad. Van Gaal must be trying to get sacked before October but I bet he's gone by January. I've talked to quite a few fans that blame Moyes for this but I think is due to Ferguson. I think Sir Fegie left at the right time leaving anyone that took over with a shite team. They really don't have anyone that is worth a crap. Then they go and spend £59.7M for Di Maria which is $99,116,925.00 for a winger. they need midfielders and defenders. They should have bought 2-3 decent players for that price instead. Rojo can't get a work permit so far. Injuries are ridiculous and they are telling decent players that they can leave. I realize Hernandez isn't top of the top quality but he's better than no player as backup when injuries keep happening. Kagawa (he's a good little player) leaving to Dortmund and Welbeck to Sunderland maybe. WTF has happened to the ManUre? Everton just lost 6-3 to the Chavs and are now tied with the ManUre with 2 points out of a possible 9.

<Razz>
Liverpool have yet to kick a ball in the game against the Spuds and still lead both the Toffees and the ManUre by a point...LOL good times being a Reds fan good (Frank) times I tell ya... :lol: </Razz>
Yeah, this is tough to watch. I am questioning who's staying and who's going too. But with Di Maria, Herrera, Shaw and Blind arriving they simply had to offset some of the cost. I am only hoping Rooney and RvP still have it in them to carry the offense without Chicarito and Welbeck. Kagawa was always the odd man out since he was bought, so no surprise there and good for him. My guess is the team settles this year but doesn't do much (hopefully, a UCL spot) and then new young forwards are brought in. This is going to be a bumpy ride for a while.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Bump...

Yeah, I usually hate the international breaks because even the qualifiers are usually pretty dull, nevermind the friendlies. But this time it wasn't so bad. England looked better than ever in its win vs. Switzerland and Czechs beat Dutch 2-1. Well, technically, the Dutch beat themselves with that idiotic header back to the goalie in the 91st minute (don't have a video of that yet but it was pretty epic).

Without Robben, team Oranje doesn't look so great. Not even close.

Back to EPL action next weekend, y'all!

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

I didn't know the Cincinnati Reds played sucker...err soccer. :lol: :mrgreen:

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

This is becoming a horrible season for any fan.

Reds are sucking...this is killing me ugh!
Toffees are sucking...I don't dislike this too much...LOL
ManUre are sucking but I'm ok with that...LOL

WTF has happened to our teams ComradeT and dmiles? :facepalm:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Misc. Blues wrote:This is becoming a horrible season for any fan.

No idea. This has been beyond frustrating as an Everton fan. We finally field a team with talent all over (at least by our standards), and they choke away two games, get boatraced by Chelsea, finally get a W, only to completely cough away a game to Crystal Palace. I know it's a long season, but these first 5 weeks have been eye-crossingly bad.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Misc. Blues wrote:This is becoming a horrible season for any fan.

No idea. This has been beyond frustrating as an Everton fan. We finally field a team with talent all over (at least by our standards), and they choke away two games, get boatraced by Chelsea, finally get a W, only to completely cough away a game to Crystal Palace. I know it's a long season, but these first 5 weeks have been eye-crossingly bad.
Top of the table: Chelsea (ok, whatever), Southampton (WTF?), Aston Villa (WTF??) and Arsenal (4th belongs to them). Leicester in 7th, Hull City in 10th, both above Liverpool, Everton and Man U! On the bright side, an unpredictable season like this is really great. Keeps things interesting for fans of all teams really. I only hope for more of the craziness so that a half of the table have a shot at the 1st.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

A few days late on this but....JAGIELKA!!!!!

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

dmiles2186 wrote:A few days late on this but....JAGIELKA!!!!!
What a cracka that was! Mignolet had no chance. Apparently got berated by the press, to which What About Pies tweeted "how about giving a scorer some credit". Even I couldn't agree more.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ComradeT wrote:
What a cracka that was! Mignolet had no chance. Apparently got berated by the press, to which What About Pies tweeted "how about giving a scorer some credit". Even I couldn't agree more.
It was. The fact that it was Jags, combined by the fact that Everton looked like shite for 90 mins prior to that, it took me a second to realize that hit the back of the net. It was a delayed reaction, but a great one at that.

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

dmiles2186 wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
It was. The fact that it was Jags, combined by the fact that Everton looked like shite for 90 mins prior to that, it took me a second to realize that hit the back of the net. It was a delayed reaction, but a great one at that.
It seems par for the course that the Reds blow it in the last minutes. Great strike by Jags though. We just can't seem to score this season... :(

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Misc. Blues wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
It seems par for the course that the Reds blow it in the last minutes. Great strike by Jags though. We just can't seem to score this season... :(
Your two best scorers are gone, so no wonder. Balotelli is just not the same link-up forward Suarez or Sturridge are even if he tries. I hope he works out for you guys cause if he doesn't, there will be a huge stink coming out of Liverpool.

For my part, I'm enjoying the new-found maturity of Captain Wazza. Huzzah!

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Hip! Hip! Hurray! Last-gasp goals by United are back!!!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Everton finally in the top 10. Leighton Baines has been a beast this year.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ss mentioned this while we were playing FIFA recently, but Fox has acquired the Bundesliga's TV rights starting in 2015-2016. Trying to adopt a team to follow in that league next year. Borussia Dortmund is currently the leader in the clubhouse. Any of you guys follow that league or any teams in the league?

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

dmiles2186 wrote:ss mentioned this while we were playing FIFA recently, but Fox has acquired the Bundesliga's TV rights starting in 2015-2016. Trying to adopt a team to follow in that league next year. Borussia Dortmund is currently the leader in the clubhouse. Any of you guys follow that league or any teams in the league?
Borussia and Bayern lead the pack in Bundesliga but all games are usually pretty intense, fast and many high-scoring. Lots of good young players in Germany. I don't watch the BL regularly but an occasional game is fun. It's also fun seeing all of the Gazprom banners on their stadiums. No wonder German businessmen are not so hot about the anti-Russia sanctions. :ninja: