Taveras for Profar?

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Taveras for Profar?

Post by cardsfan04 »

On my lunch break today, Stully was talking with Jim Bowden who mentioned he had heard not so much a rumor or speculation, but a debate about trading Taveras for Profar straight up.

My initial thought was absolutely no way. He is 100% untouchable. However, we might be a better team if we replace Kozma with Profar and Taveras with Adams (by moving Craig to RF). I'm not sold one way or another, but I thought it was an interesting idea.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Taveras for Profar?

Post by DaDitka »

There is a lot of talk about that, and like you my initial reaction was Hell No!

But Profar is more of a finished product already and plays at a position of great need for this organization. Sure OF will become one, but as you mentioned Craig can move out there and it's a hell of a lot easier to acquire top end talent in the OF then it is at short stop.

All that said....if Profar were available for trade, I'd much prefer we move pitching for him. There is no way all these arms 'pan out' and there is a much higher likely hood of injury.

Trade some pitching and then move forward with Adams, Taveras and Profar.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I could get on board with giving up a pitching prospect, but I doubt they trade straight up for any of our pitching prospects. Wacha/Martinez are the two that probably make the most sense despite their high ceiling (never been in big leagues). Maybe one of them plus Kelly (who may or may not be legit).
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

On paper it makes sense, but I'm not sure I want to get rid of Taveras. Kozma has been performing admirably and it's not like our OF is a young one. We trade Taveras and then we open up a future hole in the OF. Granted, it's easier to find OF prospects and I realize you can slot Adams at 1B and move Craig to OF, but I'd still rather see what Taveras can do. Plus, if Mo makes this trade and Taveras ends up becoming a stud and Profar ends up not reaching the same level, he'll be run out of town.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb