Rams Stadium Negotiations

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Rams Stadium Negotiations

Post by cardsfan04 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:I think the most likely scenario for St. Louis to have a team in the near future is for Khan to move the Jaguars here. I don't know what kind of chance there is of that, but it seems realistic. Jags don't get any support and that's unlikely to change. Khan is from Champaign and was close to buying the Rams before Kroenke exercised his right of first refusal. Seems to make sense, but I just heard that it may be tricky getting them out of their stadium deal in Jacksonville.
That's what I was afraid of. I don't want to bank on getting another franchise. Look at Seattle and the Sonics. They were a shoo-in to get a team early on and yet, 8 years on, still not team. They're now the bargaining chip, much like LA in football, and they're more valuable being a piece in a poker game than having an actual team.

It's tough. From a personal perspective, I'd love to see Khan here. I was gutted when Kroenke stepped in and blocked his purchase of the Rams. Also, I'm probably going to look for another team to support once the Rams leave. If I do that....if and when STL finally gets another team, I'm probably not jumping on board.
I've thought about what I would do if they leave. I'll probably find a new team too, or maybe just stop rooting for the Rams. But, I like the players we have, just not the owner. So, I dunno. To this day, my dad calls Bill Bidwell the worst owner in sports. They left when I was 3, so I don't have that reaction, but I might have it to the Rams if they leave.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:I think the most likely scenario for St. Louis to have a team in the near future is for Khan to move the Jaguars here. I don't know what kind of chance there is of that, but it seems realistic. Jags don't get any support and that's unlikely to change. Khan is from Champaign and was close to buying the Rams before Kroenke exercised his right of first refusal. Seems to make sense, but I just heard that it may be tricky getting them out of their stadium deal in Jacksonville.
That's what I was afraid of. I don't want to bank on getting another franchise. Look at Seattle and the Sonics. They were a shoo-in to get a team early on and yet, 8 years on, still not team. They're now the bargaining chip, much like LA in football, and they're more valuable being a piece in a poker game than having an actual team.

It's tough. From a personal perspective, I'd love to see Khan here. I was gutted when Kroenke stepped in and blocked his purchase of the Rams. Also, I'm probably going to look for another team to support once the Rams leave. If I do that....if and when STL finally gets another team, I'm probably not jumping on board.
I've thought about what I would do if they leave. I'll probably find a new team too, or maybe just stop rooting for the Rams. But, I like the players we have, just not the owner. So, I dunno. To this day, my dad calls Bill Bidwell the worst owner in sports. They left when I was 3, so I don't have that reaction, but I might have it to the Rams if they leave.
That's the way I am too. I was 2 when the football Cardinals left, so that doesn't matter to me. I'd love to have them here to have the St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Cardinals symmetry. But I live smack in between STL and Indy on I-70 so the Colts are a natural fit for me. But it's hard to just divorce a team after 20 years and immediately 'fall' for another team. It's going to take some time to sort that all out.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

That's the way I am too. I was 2 when the football Cardinals left, so that doesn't matter to me. I'd love to have them here to have the St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Cardinals symmetry. But I live smack in between STL and Indy on I-70 so the Colts are a natural fit for me. But it's hard to just divorce a team after 20 years and immediately 'fall' for another team. It's going to take some time to sort that all out.
I've always been a Football Cardinals fan. I rooted for them well after they were gone...and I still root for them quite a bit. They were the team I grew up watching. I hated Bidwell, not the Cardinals.
Don't get me wrong, I am a Rams fan, but they are my 2nd team. If they leave, I'll just continue rooting for the Cardinals...probably more so since the Rams won't be getting all of the coverage here anymore.
I think it will be easy for most to root for another team if/when we get another one if the Rams do leave. We won't get one right away...probably. It will probably be a few years at least...if we ever do get another one. But it will be the same as when we got the Rams. The city will be starving for football and they'll get behind any team that comes here and adopt them as their own. But you'll see fans get behind the team a lot quicker and develop more of a die-hard following if we get an expansion team that is ours from the start. I'd rather have that than someone else's team.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

I liked the Big Red too. Anyone growing up then remembers how close Neil Lomax, Roy Green, & OJ Anderson came in 1984! If we just won that last game against Washington we would've hosted the Bears in the divisional playoffs! We already beat the Bears earlier in the season so would've likely won then played the Niners in the NFC Championship! If we simply got a FIELD GOAL in the waning seconds...remember Neil O'Donoghue?

Jim Hart said St.Louis should've kept the Cardinals name and colors here and I agree! The Rams are a foreign team and it feels like the LA team is playing here.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

You guys should watch Donnybrook on Channel 9. It was on tonight but they'll repeat it late Friday/early Sat. Am so you can set your DVR.

Ray Hartman has been right for 5 years. He still thinks the Rams are most likely gone. He pointed out that the owners voted AGAINST the Rams moving from LA to St.Louis but they moved anyway! He also said ALL owners unanimously approved Kranky's purchase of the Rams from Chip & Lucinda 5 years ago.

Most importantly he said there is NO WAY taxpayers here will approve $400 million to get another stadium built. That basically means no stadium will be built and the Rams are gone.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:You guys should watch Donnybrook on Channel 9. It was on tonight but they'll repeat it late Friday/early Sat. Am so you can set your DVR.

Ray Hartman has been right for 5 years. He still thinks the Rams are most likely gone. He pointed out that the owners voted AGAINST the Rams moving from LA to St.Louis but they moved anyway! He also said ALL owners unanimously approved Kranky's purchase of the Rams from Chip & Lucinda 5 years ago.

Most importantly he said there is NO WAY taxpayers here will approve $400 million to get another stadium built. That basically means no stadium will be built and the Rams are gone.
To counter your points...
- The NFL's rules and stipulations for moving a franchise have changed since the Rams moved here. So comparing this situation to that one isn't really fair. They changed them to try to prevent teams from moving so easily. Kroenke can't just move the team without league approval without suffering serious fines and penalties, including forfeiting a chunk of the league's TV revenue, which is a big deal.
- They are saying that the new stadium proposal will get the stadium built without an increase in taxes to taxpayers. But we have yet to actually see the proposal, so we'll see on that.
- Owners unanimously approved Kroenke's purchase to steal the franchise from Khan because they had to. There was nothing illegal about it. It was just a shitty deal for Rams fans because Kroenke's intention the whole time was to buy the team and move them to LA. Khan would have kept them here, so naturally and rightfully so, Kroenke is now a super-villain in St. Louis.

I'm not saying the Ram's aren't leaving. But it is far from a done deal.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

cprice12 wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:You guys should watch Donnybrook on Channel 9. It was on tonight but they'll repeat it late Friday/early Sat. Am so you can set your DVR.

To counter your points...
- The NFL's rules and stipulations for moving a franchise have changed since the Rams moved here. So comparing this situation to that one isn't really fair. They changed them to try to prevent teams from moving so easily. Kroenke can't just move the team without league approval without suffering serious fines and penalties, including forfeiting a chunk of the league's TV revenue, which is a big deal.
- They are saying that the new stadium proposal will get the stadium built without an increase in taxes to taxpayers. But we have yet to actually see the proposal, so we'll see on that.
- Owners unanimously approved Kroenke's purchase to steal the franchise from Khan because they had to. There was nothing illegal about it. It was just a shitty deal for Rams fans because Kroenke's intention the whole time was to buy the team and move them to LA. Khan would have kept them here, so naturally and rightfully so, Kroenke is now a super-villain in St. Louis.

I'm not saying the Ram's aren't leaving. But it is far from a done deal.
I'm not sure which I dislike more. Tax hikes suck, no doubt. But, what is going to lose its funding? I really hate publicly funded stadiums. It's basically a billionaire telling a city that it has to just give him hundreds of millions of dollars. Not that there aren't benefits to the city, there are. I just hate it.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

HOW on earth are we going build a stadium without $400 million in taxpayer money WITHOUT using taxpayer money?? Also the St.Louis plan involves asking the NFL the chip in at least $200 million! LMAO! Kroenke ' s LA plan involves no NFL money. Plus the state of Missouri has already said they won't put a single penny into this with the budget woes our state already has. On top of ALL that Kroenke won't talk to ANYONE in the entire state except his wife! :grin:

Just DVR that Donnybrook because it's very insightful and Ray Hartman has been right on for the past 5 years.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Supposedly at noon today, Blitz and Peacock are unveiling their stadium plans. Stay tuned.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:HOW on earth are we going build a stadium without $400 million in taxpayer money WITHOUT using taxpayer money?? Also the St.Louis plan involves asking the NFL the chip in at least $200 million! LMAO! Kroenke ' s LA plan involves no NFL money. Plus the state of Missouri has already said they won't put a single penny into this with the budget woes our state already has. On top of ALL that Kroenke won't talk to ANYONE in the entire state except his wife! :grin:

Just DVR that Donnybrook because it's very insightful and Ray Hartman has been right on for the past 5 years.
That's not what's being said. They're saying it won't cause a tax increase, not that taxpayer money won't be used. As Curt said, we'll see how it plays out. But, the only way I see this happening without a tax hike is if other things lose funding.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

dmiles2186 wrote:Supposedly at noon today, Blitz and Peacock are unveiling their stadium plans. Stay tuned.
I'm eagerly awaiting it. I have no idea what to expect.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
Last edited by dmiles2186 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I like how it's not a dome.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

They just said $860 million for a new stadium! Paid with what?? Monopoly money? Don't you see a HUGE problem here?

These stadiums keep becoming obselete in 15 to 20 years! You think we're going to keep building new stadiums every 15 to 20 years?? NO CHANCE! Jesus will appear before that happens! :lol:

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:They just said $860 million for a new stadium! Paid with what?? Monopoly money? Don't you see a HUGE problem here?

These stadiums keep becoming obselete in 15 to 20 years! You think we're going to keep building new stadiums every 15 to 20 years?? NO CHANCE! Jesus will appear before that happens! :lol:
They explained it. I thought it meant they would be shifting things within the budget, but apparently not.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Ha, this is very similar to what I said they should do. Go right to the riverfront and develop that area which drastically needs something great developed on it.

The rendering looks outstanding. Way, way, way better than the initial proposal.

And bringing in an MLS team would be awesome. I'd be going to some of those games for sure.

There is nothing to dislike about this plan.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cprice12 wrote:Ha, this is very similar to what I said they should do. Go right to the riverfront and develop that area which drastically needs something great developed on it.

The rendering looks outstanding. Way, way, way better than the initial proposal.

And bringing in an MLS team would be awesome. I'd be going to some of those games for sure.

I hear you. Rams aside, in terms of meeting the criteria of what NFL/MLS want, hopefully limiting the burden on tax payers, putting it right in a prime location, cleaning up that area downtown, ample parking for tailgating (sorely lacking for the dome), NO RED SEATS, and a view of the Arch....it's got it covered. I felt like they knocked it out of the park. This is an entirely unique situation because other owners have always been up for working w/ their own cities while using LA as a bargaining chip. In this instance, that's not the case. So putting this together, working directly with the NFL, and doing this in a relatively quick manner, Blitz and Peacock did as much as they could really.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

cprice12 wrote:Ha, this is very similar to what I said they should do. Go right to the riverfront and develop that area which drastically needs something great developed on it.

WHY would the NFL give us hundreds of MILLIONS when the Kroenke LA proposal requires NO NFL money? Also by law there must be a vote to approve public funds and there is no way this will pass. I bet Ray Hartman says this is DOA. He has been right since day 1 about the Rams.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

More pictures here.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

LETS GO BLUES RADIO