Let's Talk TV Shows

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Let's Talk TV Shows

Post by cardsfan04 »

Better Call Saul started a week or so ago. It's been pretty good so far. Episode 3 last night was very good.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Say what?? I've never even heard of most of the "popular" shows on today.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Fresh Off The Boat is pretty damn funny.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cardsfan04 wrote:Better Call Saul started a week or so ago. It's been pretty good so far. Episode 3 last night was very good.
I haven't finished Ep 3, but I liked the first 2. Not quite as addicting as BrBa but the writing and acting has been great so far. Definitely one I'm going to stick with.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:Better Call Saul started a week or so ago. It's been pretty good so far. Episode 3 last night was very good.
I haven't finished Ep 3, but I liked the first 2. Not quite as addicting as BrBa but the writing and acting has been great so far. Definitely one I'm going to stick with.
Definitely. Gilligan is great at his job. Odenkirk is killing it. It won't ever be as good as Breaking Bad, but it's already quieting my fears that it would be a dud like many spinoffs. It's solid thus far.

The cameos of BB characters are fun, but I'm happy they haven't overdone them yet.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

ComradeT wrote:So... Anyone watching Blacklist or Grimm?
I'll take all this Blacklist-and-Grimm-unrelated banter as a no.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I don't watch either. Blacklist looks good though. It's on my list of shows to get around to. I've heard of Grimm, but don't know much about it.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Gilligan?? The only Gilligan that matters is Gilligan from Gilligan's Island!

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Thank God for DVR's, or else I wouldn't be watching half of the shows I watch. :grin:

Better Call Saul
I thought it started off a bit slow in episode 1, but picked up nicely in episodes 2 & 3. I like it quite a bit.
I didn't realize it was a prequel at first...that explains a lot. :facepalm: :lol:

Dual Survival
This is my guilty pleasure. I find this show very interesting. I enjoy the contrast between the two survivalists and the situations they get put in. I don't really care if some of it is scripted or not. Movies are scripted and I enjoy them...it's just a neat show. I'll put this on sometimes while I am working on the computer. It's a good background show. Same can be said for Naked & Afraid.

Fast N' Loud
Love this show. I've never been a "car guy", but I do enjoy this show quite a bit. I enjoy the personalities on the show, but mainly I enjoy the whole process of price negotiation to buy a car and the whole process to fix it up and/or re-selling it. Richard can be a bit of a dick, but he's entertaining. Based on his Reddit AMA, he seems like a relatively cool guy...he'd be fun to have a beer with I think.

The Strain
My wife refuses to watch this show, so it's the show that I put on after she goes to bed. I enjoyed the first season...the 2nd season should be starting up soon. I'm a sucker for apocalyptic/zombie-vampire stuff...so this is right up my alley.

Walking Dead
Not much to say about this show. I like it quite a bit. It's zombie stuff...so yeah. Kind of sad that there is only a half season left in this season. Forgot about that when it started back up.

Mad Men
As much as I liked this show the first few seasons, I think I am ready for it to end. I think it has ran it's course.

Game of Thrones
Watched episode 1 the other day. I don't think my wife cares for it...but I'll keep watching it I think. It was hella hard to follow. They jump right into it and it's like you are playing catchup right from the start.

The Americans
This is one of the best shows on tv. If you aren't watching it...you should be. My favorite show by far.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ComradeT wrote:
ComradeT wrote:So... Anyone watching Blacklist or Grimm?
I'll take all this Blacklist-and-Grimm-unrelated banter as a no.
Grimm looks interesting but I don't have the time to watch it.

Blacklist....his stint on 'The Office' ruined James Spader for me forever. I doubt I'll watch that one, even though I've heard good things.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cprice12 wrote: Game of Thrones
Watched episode 1 the other day. I don't think my wife cares for it...but I'll keep watching it I think. It was hella hard to follow. They jump right into it and it's like you are playing catchup right from the start.
It's tough but stick with it. At the end of the first season, it all clicked in for me and was easy to follow. Great show.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I'm really liking Better Call Saul. Really good so far. I'm really kinda curious how many regular characters they end up using from BrBa...

Watched True Detective a week or so ago. I thought it started off awesome but I kind of lost interest in the last few episodes.

My wife and I binged watched Parks and Recreation over the last month and a half. We caught up to this season and are looking forward to the series finale next week.

Looking forward to House of Cards' new season. Comes out on the 27th of this month.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
It's tough but stick with it. At the end of the first season, it all clicked in for me and was easy to follow. Great show.
Yeah it really confused me in the beginning too... But I stuck with it because of all the boobs lol. Now I'm hooked for the story haha.

I've got a coworker at work that really helped me understand everything that was going on. He even wrote down pretty much every character and family on a white board and would cross out dead ones, etc... He did this all from memory too!

I read/listened to the 1st book in the series. That helped me follow the story too... Haven't had time to read the others. They are sooo long!!

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

abc789987 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Yeah it really confused me in the beginning too... But I stuck with it because of all the boobs lol. Now I'm hooked for the story haha.

I've got a coworker at work that really helped me understand everything that was going on. He even wrote down pretty much every character and family on a white board and would cross out dead ones, etc... He did this all from memory too!

I read/listened to the 1st book in the series. That helped me follow the story too... Haven't had time to read the others. They are sooo long!!
I've read the first 3 and started the 4th like 3 times. It's not my normal genre, so I have to put myself in the right mindset to do it because they are so long. But, the books are really good. That said, it's perhaps the only book to TV/Movie adaptation in which the TV/Movie might be better than the books.

Check out towerofthehand.com. You can input how many books you've read/seasons you're through and it will filter out spoilers for you automatically. It's really good for keeping track of the story/maps/family trees, etc.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

abc789987 wrote:My wife and I binged watched Parks and Recreation over the last month and a half. We caught up to this season and are looking forward to the series finale next week.
Crap, the series finale is next week? Ugh. I've been watching the show in real time since the end of season 2. Obviously I knew it was coming up but wasn't sure how close we were. Next week is going to be a somber one.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I need to catch up on Parks and Rec. I binged the first 5(?) seasons last Chistmas-ish. I was all caught up, but didn't keep up with the new ones. I didn't even know it was going off the air.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Harris Wittels, a writer on Parks and Rec that later because an executive producer on the show, died yesterday at 30. Frack.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I have 30 mins left on the DVR of the last Parks and Rec. I'm not ready for it to end.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

I can't believe all the crap you guys watch!

Thankfully there is Me-TV & TVLand for classics like Three's Company, F Troop, Gilligan's Island, Get Smart, The Jeffersons, Amen, Diff'rent Strokes, etc.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I can't believe all the crap you guys watch!

Thankfully there is Me-TV & TVLand for classics like Three's Company, F Troop, Gilligan's Island, Get Smart, The Jeffersons, Amen, Diff'rent Strokes, etc.
Crap, eh? Them's fighting words.