Blue October

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Blue October

Post by Leedog »

Has anyone heard their new CD? In particular the last track, "The End"? This is a very disturbed dude! I'm a bit older and not really into death metal or anything, but, wow.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: Blue October

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

The lead singer is actually a very nice guy. I once went to a Blue October concert in 2000 when they weren't as well known. The whole band was very nice and I even offered to help them pack up after the concert(they drove a van with a u-haul). I haven' been able to listen to their new cd yet but there music is definitely not death-metal but stardom HAS changed quite a few bands in the past.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

That song is about stalking his x wife, killing her lover, "and all I saw was red". Then killing her, "and all I saw was red. Saw her laying dead on her back, put the barrel in my mouth and all I saw was black".
Anger management anyone?

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

BTW, I didn't mean to sound like I was calling them death metal, they are nothing like that. All I meant by that was if you listened to that stuff, this might not seem so extreme. But I sure was caught off guard. My friend that is a big fan and turned me on to it saw them last week at the Pageant, and apparently many fans hadn't heard that song yet either, and it got a stunned reaction from most of the crowd.

Mark
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Mark »

Their music evolved, I didn't evolve with it. I still enjoy listening to the old stuff, but I was pretty much done with Foiled. And yeah, I gave Approaching Normal a chance.
I can't pronounce Carlo Colaiacovo's name, but I sure can be the OFFICIAL LGB SPONSOR OF CARLO COLAIACOVO!!