I cant wait!

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruzan
Prospect
Prospect

I cant wait!

Post by Ruzan »

Hello,

Long time lurker, recent sign-up. An Indiana native my whole life, I don't get much hockey (that happens up north). We have a team that plays downtown, the Indiana Ice, who used to be great fun to watch, but now they are part of a league called the USHL and they all look like 15 year olds and it makes for some very boring and slow hockey. I miss our old league. My brother and I have been hockey fans our whole life and while he is a 'hawk', my Blues have always been "it" for me. From Grant Fuhr to Al Macinnis, Tony Twist to Kelly Chase, Ive loved growing up watching Blues Hockey.

Since I live in Indiana we get Fox Sports Midwest, which features the Cardinals and the Blues. This season they showed an amazing number of games (like 70 or so!) but I must admit, I have never been to an NHL game. He and I are going to catch one of the Bluejackets games there at the Scottrade Center later this month and I am so excited!

Do you live in St.Louis or are you familiar with the surrounding area? Question time! :p

What is a good (reasonable) place to stay near the Savvis Center? We will probably be bringing our wives (we are in our 20's) what is fun to do in St. Louis the day of the game before we go? (I know I could probably get all this info from a tourist site, but I want to know what you puckheads think!)

Anyway, I'm really stoked to be able to head west and see my team live finally. Thanks for reading and thanks for any replies.

:letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: Gonna watch my guys tear Detroit a new one this evening :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues:
Last edited by Ruzan on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: I cant wait!

Post by Ruutu15 »

Ruzan wrote:Hello,

Long time lurker, recent sign-up. An Indiana native my whole life, I don't get much hockey (that happens up north). We have a team that plays downtown, the Indiana Ice, who used to be great fun to watch, but now they are part of a league called the USHL and they all look like 15 year olds and it makes for some very boring and slow hockey. I miss our old league. My brother and I have been hockey fans our whole life and while he is a 'hawk', my Blues have always been "it" for me. From Grant Fuhr to Al Macinnis, Tony Twist to Kelly Chase, Ive loved growing up watching Blues Hockey.

Since I live in Indiana we get Fox Sports Midwest, which features the Cardinals and the Blues. This season they showed an amazing number of games (like 70 or so!) but I must admit, I have never been to an NHL game. He and I are going to catch one of the Bluejackets games there at the Savvis Center later this month and I am so excited!

Do you live in St.Louis or are you familiar with the surrounding area? Question time! :p

What is a good (reasonable) place to stay near the Savvis Center? We will probably be bringing our wives (we are in our 20's) what is fun to do in St. Louis the day of the game before we go? (I know I could probably get all this info from a tourist site, but I want to know what you puckheads think!)

Anyway, I'm really stoked to be able to head west and see my team live finally. Thanks for reading and thanks for any replies.

:letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: Gonna watch my guys tear Detroit a new one this evening :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues:
Sounds like you live in Indianapolis. I just moved to Cincinnati from Indianapolis, but I'm there at least two times per week. Do you play? I play at PanAm and also Pepsi Coliseum, home of the Ice. You're right, the USHL is not as good as the old IHL, but it's junior A, so you get the chance to see a lot of junior players that have NHL rights, or players about to be drafted. Speaking of, you could always make the quick trip down to Cincinnati and see the ECHL's 2008 Champion Cincinnati Cyclones, who are affiliated with Montreal (primary) and Nashville (secondary) at the AA level. Hit me with a PM if you want to watch a game in Indianapolis (or CIN) sometime.

Ruzan
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Ruzan »

I love the cyclones man :)

And yea, Perry South Stars back in the day. My brother goes and plays pick up games at pan-am from time to time too.
I havent been to pan-am in a looooong time. Id love to go back.

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: exquisite silk scarf come from china

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Yana.Rudenko2009 wrote:This is a beautiful and luxurious silk scarf, Expertly crafted from the finest silk, this Silk Wrap is incredibly versatile and can be worn for any occasion. Wear it as a scarf, wrap or shawl to a formal event, a wedding, a business dinner, or wear it as casual accessory anywhere.
All of our scarves come from the silk scarf town -- Hangzhou, China, where the scarves are sold all over the world, is famous in the world, we sell all kinds of women's scarf, including Square Silk Scarf, long silk scarf, silk shawls, silk wrap, Head scarf, burberry scarf and so on.
The classic shape and style, show your extraordinary temperament, innovative chic! To the unique you!
OMG STFU JK LOL BUT SRSLY
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Re: exquisite silk scarf come from china

Post by stlmark »

Yana.Rudenko2009 wrote:This is a beautiful and luxurious silk scarf, Expertly crafted from the finest silk, this Silk Wrap is incredibly versatile and can be worn for any occasion. Wear it as a scarf, wrap or shawl to a formal event, a wedding, a business dinner, or wear it as casual accessory anywhere.
All of our scarves come from the silk scarf town -- Hangzhou, China, where the scarves are sold all over the world, is famous in the world, we sell all kinds of women's scarf, including Square Silk Scarf, long silk scarf, silk shawls, silk wrap, Head scarf, burberry scarf and so on.
The classic shape and style, show your extraordinary temperament, innovative chic! To the unique you!
Shove that ghey scarf up your ass.
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

It's fun to reply to robots. Thats why Dooger is my bff.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

Before the game everyone hangs out at Goodfellow and Martin Luther King.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

Hey doofuses who quoted the spam, edit your posts and kill the links...

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Are you married? If so, how big are your wife's tits?
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

goon attack wrote:Are you married? If so, how big are your wife's tits?
How come you didn't ask if she goes ass to mouth?

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

We already have you for that.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

goon attack wrote:We already have you for that.
I usually ask if she shaves her bush.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
I meant we have you for ass to mouth usage.

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

goon attack wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
I meant we have you for ass to mouth usage.
:lol: