bitching....again

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which of these things is most irritating?

the heartbreak of psoriasis
No votes
the fact that Dominik Hasek still exists
20%
people who shuffle through parking lot aisles in front of you at speeds normally associated with glaciers
27%
the plight of the red ape
7%
these damn kids today
46%

Total votes: 71

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: bitching....again

Post by Portland Blues »

We just listed our house for sale here in Portland, OR where supposedly everyone in the world is moving. Our first Open House this weekend was nothing but tire-kicking trustafarians.

I know why some people refuse to ever move...

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The missus and I have seriously, seriously investigated moving out of NY and heading on over to either Portland or Salem. The obvious sticking points are that I have a job that doesn't really lend itself to just packing up and moving across the country like if I were a doctor opening up a practice elsewhere, and my NY salary blows out of the water anything I'd make in Oregon or pretty much 99.9% of anywhere else in the country. For a comparable quality of life and what teachers make in Oregon, I'd literally have to settle for like a $100-125k house which I just can't imagine being in any kind of nice neighborhood or any kind of quality house. Maybe I'm just blinded by the fact that my house cost us 280 and it's got every quality you'd associate with a starter house, so I expect to have to pay 400, 500 for anything nice... in NY, not to mention about 10k in property taxes, minimum.

We'll buy your house if the price is right, but I don't think we could afford it on Oregon salaries.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Portland Blues wrote:We just listed our house for sale here in Portland, OR where supposedly everyone in the world is moving. Our first Open House this weekend was nothing but tire-kicking trustafarians.

I know why some people refuse to ever move...
Update...2 years later. We did end up selling our house fairly quickly. It sold of course to a couple from CA. :grin:

We are now 20 miles from downtown Portland in a more rural setting. And since this is the bitching thread I'll complain about the lack of restaurants here. :P