PS3 or 360?

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

EN4CR
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by EN4CR »

The only reason I even bought a PS3 is for SOCOM Navy Seals when it comes out

I play sports games but damn if that game that series has me addicted.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

STL JA wrote:Go for the PS3...

Their lineup of games is getting much better, and there are some really sweet titles arriving in the near future, along with the launch of Playstation Home (it's free too). PS3 had a rough first year, but things are starting to improve now and the system will be rolling soon.

Plus, the hardware itself is superior. And the Blu-Ray player is very good. I think the cheapest PS3 system is $399 now. It's not a bad deal...

My list of must own PS3 titles as of right now:

Resistance: Fall of Man
Call of Duty 4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction

Kick ass games coming soon:

Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Little Big Planet
Final Fantasy XIII
Unreal Tournament 3
Soul Caliber IV
Tekken 6
Haze
Grand Theft Auto IV
God of War III
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

etc...
No Assassin's Creed?

:o
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
STL JA wrote:Go for the PS3...

Their lineup of games is getting much better, and there are some really sweet titles arriving in the near future, along with the launch of Playstation Home (it's free too). PS3 had a rough first year, but things are starting to improve now and the system will be rolling soon.

Plus, the hardware itself is superior. And the Blu-Ray player is very good. I think the cheapest PS3 system is $399 now. It's not a bad deal...

My list of must own PS3 titles as of right now:

Resistance: Fall of Man
Call of Duty 4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction

Kick ass games coming soon:

Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Little Big Planet
Final Fantasy XIII
Unreal Tournament 3
Soul Caliber IV
Tekken 6
Haze
Grand Theft Auto IV
God of War III
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

etc...
No Assassin's Creed?

:o
Whoops...

Yeah, you can throw that one in there too. :wink:

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I'm halfway tempted to get a PS3 just because of Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, and Ninja Gaiden.

(I THINK those are all only on PS3?)

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

ViPeRx007 wrote:I'm halfway tempted to get a PS3 just because of Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, and Ninja Gaiden.

Correct, but those are just some of the exclusive games coming to/on the PS3. Warhawk is another one (was released in August). GREAT game.

Killzone 2 is a BIG one. I don't know if you have seen the gameplay trailers, but due yourself a favor and check'em out. It's jaw dropping. Another very anticipated exclusive is Little Big Planet. It's quite different and the online play looks incredible.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

F Keenan wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:Think of the games.

Think of trying to play a game while holding a Buick. XBox controllers suck.
:lol:

Never goes away.

If you can afford the PS3, I would go with that one, but I can't, so I got the next best thing- the 360. And yes, I think some games are better seeing as I can't live without Halo 3.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I was doing some research and came across something that said right now the 360 is better. However, the PS3 has more potential and once that is tapped, the PS3 will jump ahead of the 360.

Here's the article(s)

Based on that, the most logical choice would be the PS3.

When that potential is actually reached though, that's the question. By that time the Xbox 720 might be out...

:lol:

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Sony is still up shit creek.

Last quarter EA sold $218 million dollars worth of software on the 360 and $17 million on the PS3.

The 360 is outselling the PS3 about 3 to 1 in hardware sales.

Almost every multi-console game is superior on the 360.

If the PS3 has so much potential, why have we yet to see it? The system came out a year later and cost 50% more. Why did the games look worse?

The PS3 and the 360 are both very capable systems... the problem with the PS3 is that developers have to spend more time and money to get games to perform as well on their system as they do on the easy-to-program 360. And then when they do spend more time and money on the PS3 versions, they end up selling about 20% as much as the do on the 360.

How long do you think developers are going to continue to put up with that?

The PS1 and PS2 were popular because they had so much support from 3rd party developers. What incentive do developers have to put a lot of support into the PS3, when they can make so much more money on the Wii and 360?

Unless Sony does something totally drastic and insane... and soon... the Ps3 is destined to be this generations gamecube.

The PS3 has some great looking exclusive titles, but I don't know if it's going to be enough.

Rachet and Clank, which is arguably Sony's biggest game this fall, sold 74,000 copies in October, making it the #10 game for the month. That is a really bad sign.
Last edited by kodos on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

ViPeRx007 wrote:I'm halfway tempted to get a PS3 just because of Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, and Ninja Gaiden.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a 360 exclusive.

purple_haze
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by purple_haze »

its sad to say but when you try to be different from the whole crowd in terms of your setup your gonna lose money on both fronts. Its takes time for the developers to figure out around the stupid rsx cell processor and even worse freakin xd-ram. The technology is there, but i'd be hardpressed to recode my entire game just to make it run on a technology that is costly and difficult to do.

i hate the fact that sony is being sony and they wanted to be different in every aspect. no one ever is gonna care about the cell processor or freaking rd-ram. They should've realized from their previous mistakes that no one wants anything different, when they have to pay an arm and a leg for it..cough..cough " beta-max." Rambus flopped when they came out since they were so expensive, yet sony is smart enough to adopt that kind of memory.

Only games that i look forward to sony is probably just
MGS4
GT5
and thats about it.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I just read they are developing MGS4 for XBOX360. They are even saying the Final Fantasy series may become a multiplatform game. Talk about a kick in the nuts to Sony. Those games are their cash cows.

I think the 360 has jumped back in front in my own personal ps3/360 battle. Those are the games I was just promoting Sony for, but if they are becoming multiplatform, that favors the 360. Sports games are better on the 360 as well.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I don't think there are any actual announcements of MGS4 or Final Fantasy ever coming to the 360. (Unless it happened in the last 2 days or so)

There have been rumors, but it's all speculation. I doubt it will ever happen, but who knows.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

I think im gonna go with the PS3. still gotta get a good tv though :?

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

ViPeRx007 wrote:I just read they are developing MGS4 for XBOX360. They are even saying the Final Fantasy series may become a multiplatform game. Talk about a kick in the nuts to Sony. Those games are their cash cows.

I think the 360 has jumped back in front in my own personal ps3/360 battle. Those are the games I was just promoting Sony for, but if they are becoming multiplatform, that favors the 360. Sports games are better on the 360 as well.
MGS4 will not be on 360...

...nor will Final Fantasy

Nayrb
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Nayrb »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:I think im gonna go with the PS3. still gotta get a good tv though :?
Your funeral.
excellent /\

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

STL JA wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:I just read they are developing MGS4 for XBOX360. They are even saying the Final Fantasy series may become a multiplatform game. Talk about a kick in the nuts to Sony. Those games are their cash cows.

If the makers of the games have any brains they will be. It makes the most business sense. What exactly do these developers gain from keeping their titles exclusive?

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

A bunch of cash from Sony.

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
STL JA wrote:

If the makers of the games have any brains they will be. It makes the most business sense. What exactly do these developers gain from keeping their titles exclusive?
Sony is the one who wants exclusives in the hope that if someone wants to play a certain exclusive game so bad that he/she will go out and buy their system. And MSG4 and Final Fantasy will be "system sellers". You can also throw Killzone 2 in with that group.

The whole exclusive vs. multi-platform thing I really don't care too much about. I will say, however, more often than not, ports are rather shitty on the platforms they were not originally intended to be designed on.

As far as the game developers, I see your point. I wonder how much Sony is willing to pay to keep those titles exclusive though. If the PS3's future is going to be a successful one, they better have big time exclusive titles. Gamers DO care about that. And it will ensure better system sales, which is the bottom line.

The PS3 had a rough first year, but things are really starting to look much better. The sales have been good for awhile now, actually. And PS3 owners are seeing some great games finally...

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

kodos wrote:A bunch of cash from Sony.
Bingo.