new random observation thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new random observation thread

Post by cprice12 »

Ruutu15 wrote:If you're not passing someone, you have no business in the passing lane...one of my biggest pet-peeves, as is not using blinkers.
To be fair...he would have passed that person had they been in the right lane. :lol:

What I hate, is when I am in the middle lane on a 3-lane highway and people pass on the right.
Pass in the left lane people.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

cprice12 wrote:What I hate, is when I am in the middle lane on a 3-lane highway and people pass on the right.
On a 2-lane highway, I agree completely. But that just doesn't work on a 3 lane highway with the number of idiot drivers on them at any one time.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

OS wrote:
cprice12 wrote:What I hate, is when I am in the middle lane on a 3-lane highway and people pass on the right.
On a 2-lane highway, I agree completely. But that just doesn't work on a 3 lane highway with the number of idiot drivers on them at any one time.
When the highway is jam packed with cars, passing on the right isn't as bad because it's harder to switch lanes. It's when there is all kinds of room to maneuver and you still get passed on the right...especially when you are wanting to get over to exit. :?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

I just ate the most delicious pear I've ever had.

nom nom nom

:grin:

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Overheard this story while on a construction site last week, no idea if it's true:

A guy was selling burritos through the site fence for $1, and some of the workers were buying those for lunch instead of getting food from the typical roach coach that comes by. Some woman (didn't catch who she was) follows the seller back to his crappy little house, and decides to report him to the health dept. They inspect his house, and find his horrible setup in his garage. Apparently he's been catching prairie dogs (they are surprisingly common around Denver) and boiling them for the meat in his burritos. Mmmmm, prairie dog burritos. Nom nom nom.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

Prairie dogs? They can't be any worse than rabbits or squirrels, can they? My former neighbor loved raccoon and oppossum too.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Can't say I've ever tried prairie dog, but maybe they taste like chicken? They're pretty plump, so I would guess that the meat is kinda fatty. The hawks and coyotes in my neighborhood seem to like them well enough. My mom's redneck family in Illinois used to eat weird stuff like opossum too.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

At least he boiled them...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

the knob
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by the knob »

ksbluesfan wrote:Prairie dogs? They can't be any worse than rabbits or squirrels, can they?
Other than they can carry plague, no, not worse at all. :aaaa:

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

the knob wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:Prairie dogs? They can't be any worse than rabbits or squirrels, can they?
Other than they can carry plague, no, not worse at all. :aaaa:
Squirrels can carry yersinia pestis too. No worse at all.

There goes my dinner plans.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

This video kicks ass. I named one of my fantasy hockey teams after this song. 8)

[youtube][/youtube]

McClement9
All-Star
All-Star

Post by McClement9 »

We don't have a prospect update thread here. We need one.

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Craig Button's nose is the craziest thing I've ever seen.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

there are a LOT of young, petite femals drivers out there who drive like fukken maniacs and i pisses me the fukk off. You know the type...sweat pants, chugging on a Mountain Dew that sits in one of those cup holders on the door, sucking on a Marlboro Light, left leg up on the seat so the knee is visible through the window...usually they are driving a little Chevy or Eclispe or something stupid like that....

they tailgate and brake at the last second etc.

(Frank) those dumb bitches. What is it with them? Tit envy?

goddamn they suck and if it were socially acceptable, I'd yank them from their stupid little cars and slap the shit out of them

out
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

goon attack wrote:there are a LOT of young, petite femals drivers out there who drive like fukken maniacs and i pisses me the fukk off. You know the type...sweat pants, chugging on a Mountain Dew that sits in one of those cup holders on the door, sucking on a Marlboro Light, left leg up on the seat so the knee is visible through the window...usually they are driving a little Chevy or Eclispe or something stupid like that....

goddamn they suck and if it were socially acceptable, I'd yank them from their stupid little cars and slap the shit out of them

out

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
goon attack wrote:there are a LOT of young, petite femals drivers out there who drive like fukken maniacs and i pisses me the fukk off. You know the type...sweat pants, chugging on a Mountain Dew that sits in one of those cup holders on the door, sucking on a Marlboro Light, left leg up on the seat so the knee is visible through the window...usually they are driving a little Chevy or Eclispe or something stupid like that....

out
One of those morons drove behind me all the way home yesterday and almost hit me twice. Then she flew out from behind me as soon as there was a clear-ish spot in the lane to the right (I was in the fast lane and was going as fast as the minivan in front of me would allow) and promptly hit a slowdown when the people in front of her started braking. I cackled my ass off as I cruised on past.

Bitch.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Blueline29 wrote:

out
One of those morons drove behind me all the way home yesterday and almost hit me twice. Then she flew out from behind me as soon as there was a clear-ish spot in the lane to the right (I was in the fast lane and was going as fast as the minivan in front of me would allow) and promptly hit a slowdown when the people in front of her started braking. I cackled my ass off as I cruised on past.

Bitch.

That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!

I'm certainly not absolving a-hole male drivers either but there is definitely a stereotype with these little scrunchie wearing morons. :x
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

StillBleedingBlue
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by StillBleedingBlue »

goon attack wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:

out

Bitch.

I'm certainly not absolving a-hole male drivers either but there is definitely a stereotype with these little scrunchie wearing morons. :x
It perplexes me how males my age still have to pay a higher mean auto insurance price with the amount of girls like this out on the road today. I think I can count on one hand the number of proficient, or at least halfway decent, female teenage drivers that I know. It's (Franking) absurd.
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote: Habeus Corpus is for suckaz!

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

StillBleedingBlue wrote:
goon attack wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:

out

Bitch.

It perplexes me how males my age still have to pay a higher mean auto insurance price with the amount of girls like this out on the road today. I think I can count on one hand the number of proficient, or at least halfway decent, female teenage drivers that I know. It's (Frank) absurd.

Supposedly it's b/c there is a larger percentage of them that are incompetent drivers.. But the male ones are much worse.. But it pisses me off when someone says "actually statistically women are better drivers", b/c they clearly don't know wtf they're talking about.

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

marco
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by marco »

It's probably in dollar terms that men are (were) worse. Kind of like what you said, fewer accidents, but many more doozies where the teenage girls don't cause cataclysmic crashes as often as they just play bumper cars out there. But I thought the law stemmed from teenage boys drag racing in the 50's and 60's and that it's possible the current premium structure is somewhat dated.