2015 Baseball Thread

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: 2015 Baseball Thread

Post by glen a richter »

I'm not sure how to read what's going on with Anthony Rendon but I traded him in an ill-advised kneejerk move, in case the MCL turns out to be something serious. On one hand I got Ian Kinsler to play 2nd, but on the other hand I lost Rendon and his 3B eligibility. With or without Rendon, Washington will score a lot of runs, and so will Detroit.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I took Rendon late in our draft. We'll see.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Opening Day Roster:

Starting Pitchers (5): Adam Wainwright, Lance Lynn, John Lackey, Michael Wacha, Carlos Martinez

Relievers (7): Trevor Rosenthal, Jordan Walden, Seth Maness, Kevin Siegrist, Matt Belisle, Randy Choate, Carlos Villanueva

Catchers (2): Yadier Molina, Tony Cruz

Infielders (6): Matt Adams, Mark Reynolds, Kolten Wong, Jhonny Peralta, Matt Carpenter, Pete Kozma

Outfielders (5): Jason Heyward, Matt Holliday, Jon Jay, Randal Grichuk, Peter Bourjos
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

2 fairly significant suspension issues announced today.

1. Josh Hamilton will not be suspended. An arbitrator ruled he didn't violate his treatment program. Angels are PISSED that they still have to pay him the idiotic contract they gave him.

[tweet][/tweet]

2. Ervin Santana suspended 80 games for PEDs. But, don't worry. He didn't know that he took them.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Hamilton admitted his relapse on his own which I would reckon is different from his being caught. He acknowledged his mistake and sought to clear the air and seek help before it became a bigger issue.

The problem with the Angels is they gave him a big ass contract and now they're stuck with it. The problem with Hamilton is he has the addiction gene and therefore he has no control to go along with lots of money. His story won't have a happy ending. He's the Amy Winehouse of baseball. Loads of talent gone to shit because of a predisposition to use.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

glen a richter wrote:Hamilton admitted his relapse on his own which I would reckon is different from his being caught. He acknowledged his mistake and sought to clear the air and seek help before it became a bigger issue.

The problem with the Angels is they gave him a big ass contract and now they're stuck with it. The problem with Hamilton is he has the addiction gene and therefore he has no control to go along with lots of money. His story won't have a happy ending. He's the Amy Winehouse of baseball. Loads of talent gone to shit because of a predisposition to use.
That's the crux of why he got off. I read a snippet about it today. I guess MLB argued that he only self-reported because he knew he would fail a drug test. His lawyers argued that he might have been clean by his next test anyway, so that wasn't true. Arbitrator ruled that his coming forward was a sign of looking for help and wanting to be clean, so it was in line with his treatment.

That's gonna be one awkward relationship from here on out. I'm really surprised at how public the Angels were about this.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Woah! Not sure if this counts as a blockbuster or not, but it's pretty damn close:

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cardsfan04 wrote:Woah! Not sure if this counts as a blockbuster or not, but it's pretty damn close:

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
I'd definitely call it a blockbuster, and a day before the season starts, no less! Funny enough, my brother in law and I were just talking about the glut of SD outfielders on Saturday and wondered how they were going to solve that. Fast forward 24 hours later and they made a nice trade.

The Braves, though, free up money and get some prospects. Could be a big win over the long term for them.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

My Mets are on pace for a 162-0 season! Amazin'!

Of course come October they'll be under .500. Hell, come May they'll be under .500.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:Woah! Not sure if this counts as a blockbuster or not, but it's pretty damn close:

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]
I'd definitely call it a blockbuster, and a day before the season starts, no less! Funny enough, my brother in law and I were just talking about the glut of SD outfielders on Saturday and wondered how they were going to solve that. Fast forward 24 hours later and they made a nice trade.

The Braves, though, free up money and get some prospects. Could be a big win over the long term for them.
The missus is optimistic, but her Braves are in a definite rebuild. If they finish anywhere other than last, I'd be shocked. The only team preventing the Mets from finishing in the cellar in the NL east.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

The missus is optimistic, but her Braves are in a definite rebuild. If they finish anywhere other than last, I'd be shocked. The only team preventing the Mets from finishing in the cellar in the NL east.
Braves are gonna be bad, but I think the Phillies will be worse. Phillies could be worst team in baseball.

The Mets I think will actually be decent though. I doubt they'll be serious playoff contenders, but I could see ~83 wins for them. Wheeler going down hurts, but their staff is pretty damn good.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

cardsfan04 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

Braves are gonna be bad, but I think the Phillies will be worse. Phillies could be worst team in baseball.

The Mets I think will actually be decent though. I doubt they'll be serious playoff contenders, but I could see ~83 wins for them. Wheeler going down hurts, but their staff is pretty damn good.
The Phillies are still a major league team?

I know you can chalk it up to longevity, but don't the Phillies hold the all time record for losses with over 10,000?

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

glen a richter wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

The Phillies are still a major league team?

I know you can chalk it up to longevity, but don't the Phillies hold the all time record for losses with over 10,000?
That sounds right. I think they might hold that record.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

[tweet][/tweet]

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

This gif is awesome. Dee Gordon 'dunked on' Christian Yelich in his post game interview.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Whelp, Mejia tested positive, 80 game suspension. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong for the Mets. What's wrong with these morons anyway? Oh, I accept my suspension but I honestly have no idea how it got into my body? Maybe the PED fairy injected you while you were sleeping, you dumbass.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

It sounds like there could be a bunch more suspensions coming too. I don't remember who said it, but somebody alluded to it on Twitter (which means it has to be true).

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Maybe my concerns were misplaced since it worked out, but I wasn't thrilled that Villanueva was our only reliever left in the 10th inning, nor was I thrilled that his first appearance in 10 days was in extra innings, again with nobody else to fall back on.

But, we won. So, hooray!

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

I am only posting this because Mike Evans on KTRS 550am just said this during his segment. He said baseball is so boring that 10% of fans fall ASLEEP during games! :lol:

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I am only posting this because Mike Evans on KTRS 550am just said this during his segment. He said baseball is so boring that 10% of fans fall ASLEEP during games! :lol:
Hilarious. :facepalm:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko