bitching....again

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Which of these things is most irritating?

the heartbreak of psoriasis
No votes
the fact that Dominik Hasek still exists
20%
people who shuffle through parking lot aisles in front of you at speeds normally associated with glaciers
27%
the plight of the red ape
7%
these damn kids today
46%

Total votes: 71

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: bitching....again

Post by BF44 »

Working for 5 years for a company, lots of OT, dedication to my job... then being one of the first to receive a layoff notice........

:cry:

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Mellanby_equals_grit »

BF44 wrote:Working for 5 years for a company, lots of OT, dedication to my job... then being one of the first to receive a layoff notice........

:cry:
That really sucks, man.. Hope you find something else soon. :(

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Here's today's
"What to the American slave is your Fourth of July? I answer, a day that reveals to him more than all other days of the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim... There is no a nation of the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of these United States at this very hour."
Not only racist BS, but anti-American to boot. :roll:

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

and completely ignorant of history.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Mellanby_equals_grit
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

goon attack wrote:and completely ignorant of history.
I was thinking that as well... I think I may speak to the girl sending it.. by coincidence she's on my team.. She's also one of the top two people in my office I don't get along with (the same one who fits "aks" into every sentence that I was bitching about a couple months back).

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

abc789987 wrote:working on the weekends sucks....

and i have a very bad feeling that I may be given my two week notice on monday...
and i was right... oh well, lets drink some beer!!!!

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

I would love nothing more than to stab every asshat who decides he or she needs to go <60 mph in the fast lane on 44 during either the morning or evening rush hours. I don't know if people are that flippin' retarded on every other major highway in the area, but sweet Christ, they're going to drive me to drink. Heavily.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

So yesterday some drugged up, probably homeless kid is taking a crap behind our building when one of my co-workers spots him on his way to our little annex building across the alley. The homeless guy asks if he can use our bathroom, and my co-worker tells him no. A few minutes later the guy wanders in our front door and asks the people up there if he can use the bathroom (they have no idea at this point that he was just crapping out back on the ground). They begrudgingly say yes, and he uses it and leaves. In the meantime, my co-worker tells me about him crapping behind the building, and then I wander up to use our bathroom myself, not realizing that the dude had been inside after that. I step in the bathroom and the stink is overpowering, and there is shit smeared on the toilet seat. Just nasty. One of the bosses that was up there when he came in ended up cleaning up the mess, and we opened the doors and hosed the place down with Lysol.

Great neighborhood we work in.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I am very sick of busting my ass go get my work done by some made up date that doesn't really matter only to have the person I do the work for not even look at it for 2 days...

I need a new carear...

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

abc789987 wrote:I am very sick of busting my ass go get my work done by some made up date that doesn't really matter only to have the person I do the work for not even look at it for 2 days...

I need a new carear...
...and a new spellchecker. ;)

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

big d note wrote:So yesterday some drugged up, probably homeless kid is taking a crap behind our building when one of my co-workers spots him on his way to our little annex building across the alley. The homeless guy asks if he can use our bathroom, and my co-worker tells him no. A few minutes later the guy wanders in our front door and asks the people up there if he can use the bathroom (they have no idea at this point that he was just crapping out back on the ground). They begrudgingly say yes, and he uses it and leaves. In the meantime, my co-worker tells me about him crapping behind the building, and then I wander up to use our bathroom myself, not realizing that the dude had been inside after that. I step in the bathroom and the stink is overpowering, and there is shit smeared on the toilet seat. Just nasty. One of the bosses that was up there when he came in ended up cleaning up the mess, and we opened the doors and hosed the place down with Lysol.

Great neighborhood we work in.
:shock:

Damn, at least the street people near my office are entertaining. When it was warm out, I whiled away many a delightful lunch hour enjoying the sight of the homeless dancing crackhead nearly falling into the fountain at Kiener Plaza because he was chasing butterflies.
Last edited by Blueline29 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

We don't get the entertaining type over here I guess. Actually there aren't too many street people at all on this side of the highway - most of them are over near the rescue mission a few miles away. We mostly get the graffiti artists and occasional random crazy people, like the drunk, angry woman that played bumper cars one day, bouncing her car off parked cars on both sides of the street, hitting about 10 of them, and totaling at least 2 (including hers). She had no insurance either, of course. Luckily that was before my time here.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Blueline29
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Blueline29 »

It's roughly 12 degrees in my office today. Plus, I'm sleepy as hell.

And orange is still an ugly color.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Prngr44 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:I am very sick of busting my ass go get my work done by some made up date that doesn't really matter only to have the person I do the work for not even look at it for 2 days...

I need a new carear...
Obviously I'm not a golfer.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

abc789987 wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:

I need a new carear...
Obviously I'm not a golfer.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Don't need to see Magic Johnson trying to sell me items (at 300% interest) through Rent-a-Center.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Son of a (frank) bitch, Blues!
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Rohan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Rohan »

I hat the (Franking) guy who sold me my house 5 years ago and said he never had any problems with water in the basement. Slowly, but surely his pathwork on the cracks have become exposed. Anyime we get substantial rain, like the entire spring of 08, by basement turns into small river. The strange part is, the water doesn't seem to come in the cracks as much as it seeps in from where the wall meets the floor.

Anyone in the St. Louis area ever used one of these basement waterproofing compaines that seem to do so well around here? Any idea on how much something like that costs?
Pay heed, All who enter, Beware of the Phog

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Rohan wrote:I hat the (Frank) guy who sold me my house 5 years ago and said he never had any problems with water in the basement. Slowly, but surely his pathwork on the cracks have become exposed. Anyime we get substantial rain, like the entire spring of 08, by basement turns into small river. The strange part is, the water doesn't seem to come in the cracks as much as it seeps in from where the wall meets the floor.

Anyone in the St. Louis area ever used one of these basement waterproofing compaines that seem to do so well around here? Any idea on how much something like that costs?
Fixing the problem on the inside would be nice...but anything you do on the inside of the walls is really only temporary...but it is tempting to try because it is much cheaper to the alternative.

First thing...are you sure your gutters are clean and clear? Do your gutters leak? Do you have enough downspouts to handle runoff from the roof in heavy rain storms? (I had to install an extra downspout in our last home to accommodate heavy rains) Does your water drain far enough away from the house? Is your land sloped away from your home?
If water doesn't collect around your home, you're less likely to have water problems.

With that said...

I know it's not cheap to excavate around your home and waterproof your exterior walls. I did some research, but all I could find was, "it costs thousands". But it really is the best way to fix a major issue if you can afford it. After excavating, if your exterior wall has an existing waterproof coating, it needs to be sandblasted off so a new coating can be applied after any and all cracks have been filled. Make sure the new coating is the flexible kind so if the walls crack or move, the coating won't crack with it as easily. It's also not uncommon to use a series of coats, and inbetween coats attaching a webbed membrane. You may want to attach a sound board or some type of drainage board after applying the waterproof coatings. It protects against hydrostatic pressure and possible damage to the coatings the backfilling may cause.

Another solution:
They do make a hollow plastic baseboard looking material that attaches to the bottom of the inside basement walls like normal baseboard does. The top of the baseboard isn't attached to the wall and any water that comes down the wall will get channeled down through the baseboard material and along the bottom of the wall and to a drain or whatnot. It's not the best solution as water is still getting into your home, but you will be able to control the water flow and keep things in your basement from getting wet. That's the cheap solution that I looked into when we had water issues in our last house (but it's not as cheap as you'd think)...but we didn't go with it, we just drylocked it, sold the house, and told the buyers that the basement had seepage issues when it rained heavy. And I'm sure they had a lot of water in the basement last December. :shock:

I told our current contractor that I wanted our new basement to be over-waterproofed. I didn't want the issues we had in our last home. But he talked me out of it, saying we didn't need it with the way the water table is in our area and with how the land slopes. He said what he was going to do for waterproofing would be more than enough. He applied a waterproof coating to the exterior foundation walls, and installed a drain tile at the base of the foundation and the land will be landscaped to slope away from the house. That's it. And I'll murder him in his sleep if we have a wet basement in five years. :wink:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Apropos of nothing... :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock