Hofer extended

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Hofer extended

Post by glen a richter »

2 years/1 way deal. Obviously next season it’s the Binner and Hofer show, Zherenko will be the #1 in Springfield. I guess either shitty Ellis or also shitty Cranley will be the back up. Should be great for Zherenko’s development not having someone decent pushing him…
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Hofer extended

Post by glen a richter »

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... 73478.html

I like what I'm reading, but I'm also wondering how in the hell they plan to unload the last three years of Binnington. Hofer is the goalie of the future, I don't think there's a whole lot of doubt about that. One season backing up Binner, maybe two but he's locked up until '27 and you're not paying your backup 6 mil a year even if it's just for two seasons. Army made some real shortsighted decisions when he was throwing around NTC's like Halloween candy, but the one to Binnington was probably the worst.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Binnington's NTC shifts to a modified 18 team no trade list for the 24-25 season. So one season of Hofer backing up Binnington (23-24), then move Binnington in 24-25 and figure out the backup based on how the rest develop.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

That works, I forgot the NTC parameters were due to change. Hopefully the piss poor defense situation is ironed out by then too.

5-0 with Tucker in the lineup, just saying...