GDT WCF Gm 5: 5/19/19 | 2 PM CT | @ Sharks | NBC

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT WCF Gm 5: 5/19/19 | 2 PM CT | @ Sharks | NBC

Post by Robb_K »

An absolute butt-kicking shutout. A nice answer to having a game stolen away by the refs. Berube has this team thinking the right way - just the opposite of the way they were with Yeo. How can anyone think anyone but Berube should be considered as the next permanent head coach?

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Solid win.

Didn't get to watch the 3rd period. Can someone describe what the hell happened? People getting ejected, Blues on more 5-on-3 PPs and double-minor PPs than I've ever seen.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I had to listen to most of the game on the radio but it sounded like the Sharks were trying to force some injuries. Apparently a number of them left with injuries and they were resorting to playing like complete dicks.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

gaijin wrote:Solid win.

Didn't get to watch the 3rd period. Can someone describe what the hell happened? People getting ejected, Blues on more 5-on-3 PPs and double-minor PPs than I've ever seen.
It seemed to start with Kane being a douche hacking Binnington and went downhill from there.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Sharks in the 3rd period did the exact same thing they did when they were losing Game 3 vs Vegas. They tried to intimidate well beyond the rules and the refs shut it down, just like they did vs Vegas. The Sharks players were only "ejected" because they were given 10 minute misconducts on top of the minors which were called with less than 12 minutes to go in the game.

The first 10 minute - Haley and another San Jose 4th liner were put on the ice centered by Couture. So it's clearly DeBoer "trying to send a message" and then after the game moaning about his players getting out of hand. Hey DeDumbAss, you put them out there. Haley then started cross-checking Pietrangelo as the puck is almost dropped to draw a call, kept cross-checking him, Petro wouldn't bite, Haley drops his glove like they are fighting, Petro still doesn't bite. Ref sends Haley off with 2 for unsportsmanlike plus a 10 minute misconduct.

Later, Kane runs Binnington - delayed goalie interference call is already happening. I forgot which Blues player kinda went at Kane with a shove while play was still going on. Kane replies with a 2-handed chop - the big swing kind. Ref adds a slashing penalty plus a 10 minute misconduct.

Go look at Sharks-Vegas Game 3 and you'll see the same kinds of penalties being called against the Sharks because they are incredibly unsportsmanlike losers. One of the many reasons to hate the Sharks. Haley and Kane both had 10 minute misconducts in that Vegas game as well. Coincidence it's the same two players who can't maintain their composure when getting their butt kicked??

Great job by the Blues maintaining their composure and helping Binnington earn a shutout.

Next game should be interesting, because I doubt Pavelski can play (concussion) and the only way Karlsson plays is if he's a 7th defenseman likely limited to PP time.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

So basically you'd prefer the Sharks try to injure everyone instead of them going out, playing their game and try to win the series in 7? You really are a sorry individual, and with any due respect I can dig up for the Sharks fanbase, you're quite the embarrassment to them.

Honestly I was surprised it took until the WCF for a troll to show up. Where were the Jets and Stars fans posting trash?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

Gfys wrote:All that bitching you guys did after the “hand pass” sure worked out. Hits to the
head everywhere and not one penalty. I hope the sharks come out and just take the knees out from everyone that way when you play the bruins you have to forefit cuz you cant field a team. Gfys
I never complained about the hand pass. Not here and not on social media.

And, more importantly, neither did the Blues. Outscoring SJ a combined 7-1 in gms 4 and 5 is pretty decent indicator of how they deal with adversity, no?
2019-20 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2018-19 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2017-18 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by tjk002 »

Gfys wrote:All that bitching you guys did after the “hand pass” sure worked out. Hits to the
head everywhere and not one penalty. I hope the sharks come out and just take the knees out from everyone that way when you play the bruins you have to forefit cuz you cant field a team. Gfys
Shouldn't you be busy on your knees about now?

Toasted Oates
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Toasted Oates »

a/s/l? xoxo
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko (UPDATE: FOUND! Ryan O' Reilly. July 1, 2018).
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.
2018-2019 LGB sponsor of the 2nd greatest Joel in Blues history, #6 Joel "Eddy" Edmundson.