Flames sign Jagr

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Flames sign Jagr

Post by gaijin »

For $1 million for 1 year. According to reports, he turned down the Blues in favor of Calgary.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaromir-jagr-c ... 09238.html

For that money, I'm actually a little upset he's not wearing a blue note.

Also, from the article:
Jaromir Jagr and Keith Tkachuk were drafted in Rd. 1 back in 1990. 27 years later, Jagr will now play on the same team as Matthew Tkachuk.
That's pretty damn funny. And impressive at the same time.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Flames sign Jagr

Post by cardsfan04 »

I'm bummed he chose Calgary over us. Sounds like our offer was very similar to theirs.

And, yeah, he's a freak of nature. I remember using his stick in street hockey as a kid 20 years ago.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

For such a low money contract, and at his age, the fact that he thought Calgary was even remotely closer to winning the Cup than St. Louis better be some bulletin board material for the entire season.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

glen a richter wrote:For such a low money contract, and at his age, the fact that he thought Calgary was even remotely closer to winning the Cup than St. Louis better be some bulletin board material for the entire season.
I agree Glen but my guess is he is just looking to sign in the offseason with the best money/contract he can get, and then know at the trade deadline he'll be dealt to a contender. It also gives him more time, until February to request where he'd like to go and by that time he'll have a good idea on who is in the running.

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Kerfuffle wrote:
glen a richter wrote:For such a low money contract, and at his age, the fact that he thought Calgary was even remotely closer to winning the Cup than St. Louis better be some bulletin board material for the entire season.
I agree Glen but my guess is he is just looking to sign in the offseason with the best money/contract he can get, and then know at the trade deadline he'll be dealt to a contender. It also gives him more time, until February to request where he'd like to go and by that time he'll have a good idea on who is in the running.
He's the ironic part: If Calgary's management had the Blues roster, they'd be working on Cup #3 right now.

I think for Jagr, the difference was playing in Canada; he never played for a team there.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!