Blues 23 man roster set

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Blues 23 man roster set

Post by WaukeeBlues »

ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the club has set its 23-man roster to open the 2017-18 regular season.

To finalize the roster, the Blues assigned forward Sammy Blais to the American Hockey League's (AHL) San Antonio Rampage and defenseman Jake Walman to the AHL's Chicago Wolves. In addition, the Blues placed goaltender Jordan Binnington on waivers.

The Blues will open the 2017-18 regular season against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday, Oct. 4, at 7 p.m. CT at PPG Paints Arena.

The Blues will begin the season with four players on injured reserve and three injured non-roster players. The final active roster will include 14 forwards, seven defensemen and two goaltenders.

Opening Night Roster

#4 Carl Gunnarsson
#6 Joel Edmundson
#9 Scottie Upshall
#10 Brayden Schenn
#17 Jaden Schwartz
#22 Chris Thorburn
#23 Dmitrij Jaskin
#26 Paul Stastny
#27 Alex Pietrangelo
#28 Kyle Brodziak
#29 Vince Dunn
#32 Tage Thompson
#34 Jake Allen
#39 Nate Prosser
#40 Carter Hutton
#41 Robert Bortuzzo
#49 Ivan Barbashev
#55 Colton Parayko
#56 Magnus Paajarvi
#61 Wade Megan
#70 Oskar Sundqvist
#71 Vladimir Sobotka
#91 Vladimir Tarasenko

Injured Reserve

#12 Zach Sanford
#15 Robby Fabbri
#19 Jay Bouwmeester
#20 Alexander Steen

Injured Non-Roster Players

#21 Patrik Berglund
#37 Klim Kostin (lower-body injury - out for 7-10 days)
#45 Luke Opilka
Dunn and Thompson the notable rookies who made the team. Blais and Walman the notable rookies sent back down to AHL.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues 23 man roster set

Post by glen a richter »

I'm afraid Blais is getting the Rattie treatment because he's on the small side.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Very happy to see Thompson made the team. I know he probably had some help from injuries, but hopefully he gives them no choice but to keep him up.

What's the deal with Kostin? Does he get re-assigned when healthy? Everything that I've read is that he's not ready yet, but I see him listed with Berglund.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Kostin and Opilka - from what I understand, they are not allowed to move injured players which is why both are called injured non-roster players. When they are healthy again, they will likely both be re-assigned.

As to Berglund: If a player is hurt in training camp or gets injured while not an the active roster, he goes on the Injured Non-Roster list instead. Non-roster injured status players cannot attend team meetings, travel with the team, or even practice with the club.

On IR status is different. Injured reserve status players can attend team meetings, travel with the team, and even practice with the club. They cannot take part in pregame warmups, play in a game, or even dress in uniform on game day.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season