New AHL Affiliate

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

New AHL Affiliate

Post by glen a richter »

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... 9594a.html

What a complete (Frank) this year is shaping up to be, but at least they have something in order for next season. It's just swell this year that our prospects will be split all over the place. Nothing says "getting the kids to gel" by having them spread across multiple shared teams and probably getting shafted on playing time.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: New AHL Affiliate

Post by gaijin »

Change their name to the Rivermen. That works for San Antonio too.

Cavallinis
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Cavallinis »

I live down here so this has me pumped. It will be fun to see the prospects up close more often. Used to love it when the Rivermen came to town. Haven't been able to catch the Wolves when they've been here.

Good news is that the flight from SAT to STL is only 2 hours, so it's not too bad for call-ups to home ice.

I'd like to see a Blues-Stars preseason game in SA, as long as they can keep the ice solid in mid-September...there are occasional issues with that down here...

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

Oooooo I can take a short trip and see our prospects in action. C:
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

So now what's this Tulsa thing?

*edit: looks like the Tulsa Oilers will be the Blues' ECHL affiliate for 2017-18.
https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-to ... -290617280

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

It always cracked me up that the Alaska Aces played in the ECHL. Tulsa is getting a little closer, but the geography is still all franked up.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

glen a richter wrote:It always cracked me up that the Alaska Aces played in the ECHL. Tulsa is getting a little closer, but the geography is still all franked up.
At least there is "coast" in Alaska. Definitely no such thing resembling a coast in Tulsa...