GDT Game 6: 5/9/16 | 7:00PM CST | v Stars | NBCSN/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT Game 6: 5/9/16 | 7:00PM CST | v Stars | NBCSN/KMOX

Post by Portland Blues »

Seems like the Blues are looking to make one too many passes more often than not too...

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Dang, we really could have used one on the PP there...

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Within 1!!!

:woohoo:

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

Ok... 3-2... ...
2021 Sponsor of Jordan Binnington
2016-17 Sponsor of David Perron
2015-16 Sponsor of Dmitri Jaškin

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Berglund in the right place!! Right in front! Taps it in!!! Blues back within 1!!!

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

I so hope I'm wrong but it feels like we're gonna run out of time...

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

F%*KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

This series is maddening. The Blues have been the better team by far for the majority of this series and yet here we are going to a game 7 again.

Spirited comeback but you can't spot 3 goals and expect to win a game. The old adage you can't win a game in the first period but you sure as heck can lose one.

If the Blues blow it I'll be pissed.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Still stunned we gave up only 14 shots for the entire game and we lose 3-2. This was one where their goalie grabbed a win.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

I was sadly only able to listen to the second and third period on the radio...were the goals bad/Elliot's fault or was this the team in front of him in the first period?

Tough loss. Hopefully the team that dominated the second and third can clean this up and win game 7.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:I was sadly only able to listen to the second and third period on the radio...were the goals bad/Elliot's fault or was this the team in front of him in the first period?

Tough loss. Hopefully the team that dominated the second and third can clean this up and win game 7.
It really looked like the entire team wasn't ready for this one. Mistakes all over the place and IMO plenty of blame to spread around for all 3 goals. The Stars then appeared to play a Blues game hanging back with the lead. Their goalie also seemed to find his confidence and went on to make some great saves.

Just heard this was our 6th consecutive Game 6 loss. :cry:

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:I was sadly only able to listen to the second and third period on the radio...were the goals bad/Elliot's fault or was this the team in front of him in the first period?

The first one was definitely on him. Second one not so much, Shatty fell asleep marking Fiddler. Third one he was screened but I still think his glove hand could have been positioned better.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Brilliant strategy. Get down 3-0 early and try to create a Monday Night Miracle 2.0 :doh:

These guys better win game 7, which I completely expect them not to do. Not on Dallas' ice for a 3rd time in the series.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

I still dont think Dallas is all that good.
Blues need to clean this shit up!
Forecheck and hit like crazy

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Sometimes I don't understand your team. You guys have these spurts in games where you're playing like champions and then at other times I'm scratching my head like where did that killer drive go? Last night's game perfect example. The Blues started flat and had a bad first. Then the Blues dominated the second and then really dominated the third. Dallas went into "prevent" mode and was just "playing not to lose" which isn't good. The puck was in the offensive zone almost the entire third period. Then Fabbri misses the net late in the game on what was a perfect pass. And the Stars squeak by. If the Blues played the first period like they did then third this would've been over. They just didn't pour it on or play in desperation mode until the third period. I still don't get it.

And WTF happened to Elliot? He was lights out in games 1-4 against us and that start last night was a different Elliot.
Last edited by Kerfuffle on Tue May 10, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Kerfuffle wrote:Sometimes I don't understand your team. You guys have these spurts in games where you're playing like champions and then at other times I'm scratching my head like where did that killer drive go? Last night's game perfect example. The Blues started flat and had a bad first. Then the Blues dominated the second and then really dominated the third. Dallas went into "prevent" mode and was just "playing not to lose" which isn't good. The puck was in the offensive zone almost the entire third period. Then Fabbri misses the net late in the game on what was a perfect pass. And the Stars squeak by. If the Blues played the first period like they did then third this would've over. They just didn't pour it on or play in desperation mode until the third period. I still don't get it.

And WTF happened to Elliot? He was lights out in games 1-4 against us and that start last night was a different Elliot.
A game like last night was why the 'conspiracy theorist' side of all of us bubbles up from time to time and you get accused of being a jinx :mrgreen: . This is what they do. They never make it easy. And we can talk about last night, but they did some of this in Game 1, there was the brief let down in Game 4 that cost them two goals...

In short, a game like this is why the Blues are probably going to end up killing us all.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Kari Lehtonen decided not to be Kari Lehtonen for a night and made save after save after save. The frustrating part is that the 2nd and 3rd periods are how the Blues CAN play against the Stars but because they haven't throttled it up like that in each game, we're in Game 7.

I don't even know what to think or predict at this point. Right now, I feel like there is no way the Blues win tomorrow night. But I also feel like Lehtonen doesn't have another one of those performances in him. I don't know man...in the 2nd and 3rd periods last night, I felt like the Blues were going to win. They get that 2nd goal with 11 minutes left and I not only thought they were going to tie it but win it in regulation. Just a stick tap to the Stars for hunkering down, sweating it out, and making the saves to get it to Game 7.

Today sucks. Tomorrow will suck until 7. The Blues will then determine whether the near future will suck or not.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

dmiles2186 wrote:The frustrating part is that the 2nd and 3rd periods are how the Blues CAN play against the Stars but because they haven't throttled it up like that in each game, we're in Game 7.
Agreed and in games 1-4 in our series the Blues played all of those periods against us like we saw in the 3rd period against the Stars last night. Games 5 and 6 against us I saw some of those moments of letting the foot off the pedal but the Blues were rock solid again in game 7. But last night with the Blues in position to move on they again took the pedal off the gas. It seems like some of this gets into their heads on past results but this is the best momentum the Blues have had in years and their greatest chance to win the cup. It seems to me like those ghosts of yesterday should be gone but it creeped in last night. The key will be can they come out strong again in game 7. Home ice hasn't seemed to mean much in the first 2 rounds the Blues have played so I don't believe this is over just because it's in Dallas for game 7.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The likelihood of holding Dallas to 14 shots again is low. I guess shot total doesn't matter anyway though, since it was already 2-0 before I even turned the TV on. My confidence in this team, at the moment, is zero. They know they need to play 60 minutes but they only play 40, even in the flipping playoffs for crying out loud! Get your acts together as a team or get them together separately when the inevitable roster changes happen this offseason... looking at you, old core.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024