GDT #33: 12/17/15 | 7:00PM CST | v Predators | FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT #33: 12/17/15 | 7:00PM CST | v Predators | FSMW/KMOX

Post by theohall »

Kreegz2 wrote:I heard a ridiculous stat about Tarasenko and had to fact check it myself, but sure enough 19 of his 20 goals have come while tied or trailing. With the lone exception being his goal against Dallas in the 3-0 shutout.
This is kind of what I wanted to look at. What is the Blues record after allowing the first goal?
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

theohall wrote:
Kreegz2 wrote:I heard a ridiculous stat about Tarasenko and had to fact check it myself, but sure enough 19 of his 20 goals have come while tied or trailing. With the lone exception being his goal against Dallas in the 3-0 shutout.
This is kind of what I wanted to look at. What is the Blues record after allowing the first goal?
10-7-2
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Man, this either says just how bad the Blues have been for good chunks of most of their games or how good Tarasenko has been when we've needed a goal. Or both.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Kreegz2 wrote:
theohall wrote:
10-7-2
So 9-3-2 when scoring first.

It's like it doesn't really matter to the Blues who scores first. The only score that matters is the final.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

theohall wrote:
Kreegz2 wrote:
theohall wrote:
10-7-2
So 9-3-2 when scoring first.

It's like it doesn't really matter to the Blues who scores first. The only score that matters is the final.
I imagine those 2 records are closer than most teams, but 1.43 points/game vs 1.16 points/game is nothing to sneeze at. That's a 22 point difference when comparing 82 games of each.

More than anything, I think that's probably a sample size thing though. Maybe going down a goal has some sort of wakeup effect, but I'd just assume score first and not hope they can continue that pace when playing from behind.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Ott, Berglund and Elliott for Stamkos is the stuff Facebook posts are made of.

In order to land Stamkos, I'd imagine the conversation would start with Tarasenko. After Armstrong balked at that, they'd "dial it back" to Schwartz, Pietrangelo, a goalie prospect, a forward or D prospect--possibly Dunn, and a mid round pick. Bear in mind, Stamkos hasn't looked so great lately. He may have hit a wall, and the return for him would probably exceed what he's worth to a team. Only 72 points last season, and pacing less than a point per game this season already. Couple that with chucking him into Hitch's system, you won't get a whole lot of production out of him different from what you'd get from the guys you'd be trading. The guy I would like from Tampa Bay is Hedman. I'd be more than happy to talk business on Hedman, then make room for him by offloading Bouwmeester to another team in a separate trade. Maybe a three way deal.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:Ott, Berglund and Elliott for Stamkos is the stuff Facebook posts are made of.
Glad to contribute to everyone's entertainment. :wink:

Frusciante
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Frusciante »

glen a richter wrote:Ott, Berglund and Elliott for Stamkos is the stuff Facebook posts are made of.

In order to land Stamkos, I'd imagine the conversation would start with Tarasenko. After Armstrong balked at that, they'd "dial it back" to Schwartz, Pietrangelo, a goalie prospect, a forward or D prospect--possibly Dunn, and a mid round pick. Bear in mind, Stamkos hasn't looked so great lately. He may have hit a wall, and the return for him would probably exceed what he's worth to a team. Only 72 points last season, and pacing less than a point per game this season already. Couple that with chucking him into Hitch's system, you won't get a whole lot of production out of him different from what you'd get from the guys you'd be trading. The guy I would like from Tampa Bay is Hedman. I'd be more than happy to talk business on Hedman, then make room for him by offloading Bouwmeester to another team in a separate trade. Maybe a three way deal.
I think the player that is most likely to get traded to Tampa in such a deal is Shattenkirk. Out of our high profile players, he's the one who's due a big raise and questions have already been raised about the Blues being able to afford him once it's time. But on the other hand, if they traded Petro they would clear a lot of cap space for Stamkos. I just don't know that teams are as high on Petro as the Blues are. Yes, he plays top minutes but his stats have seriously derailed the past couple of seasons. He's not comparable with other top D in the league in that regard. I'm guessing at least one of Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo or Schwartz would have to be included in a deal for Stamkos. Plus maybe a 1st rounder or Fabbri...

Frusciante
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Frusciante »

I think the player that is most likely to get traded to Tampa in such a deal is Shattenkirk. Out of our high profile players, he's the one who's due a big raise and questions have already been raised about the Blues being able to afford him once it's time. But on the other hand, if they traded Petro they would clear a lot of cap space for Stamkos. I just don't know that teams are as high on Petro as the Blues are. Yes, he plays top minutes but his stats have seriously derailed the past couple of seasons. He's not comparable with other top D in the league in that regard. I'm guessing at least one of Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo or Schwartz would have to be included in a deal for Stamkos. Plus maybe a 1st rounder or Fabbri...