Round One : Nashville Predators v Chicago Blackhawks

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Round One : Nashville Predators v Chicago Blackhawks

Post by STLADOGG »

OT in the first game. God I love the playoffs. This should be an epic series.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

STLADOGG wrote:OT in the first game. God I love the playoffs. This should be an epic series.
As long as both teams beat each other to shit...
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

That was a great 1st OT. A lot more wide open that you usually see.
Typically, as games go farther into OT, the games get less and less wide open...so we'll see how it goes.

I thought the no-call on Keith was a good no-call in OT...but I thought the penalty on NSH for tripping was weak.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

cprice12 wrote:Darling is keeping the Hawks in this game. He has made like 3 or 4 great saves in the 3rd so far. :aaaa:
What darling saves! :mrgreen:

I can't believe the ice cats blew a 3 goal lead!

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Nice game, er, first period by Crawford. :lol:

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

sseagle wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:OT in the first game. God I love the playoffs. This should be an epic series.
How do the Preds not even bump Kane all 4.5 periods? As soon as he got his first assist they should have been pounding him. Preds should have won but they let the Shitholes play their game.
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Those first two periods were stupid. I have no better word to describe it. It's been a long long time since I've seen the Hawks as thoroughly dominated in a period of play like they were in that opening period. My God. And then equally as awful the Preds letting the Hawks get back into it...

So much for home ice advantage Hawks. Only one home team won last night...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I'm just going to be in my bunker all day today dodging the deluge of Darling puns.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Misc. Blues wrote:
sseagle wrote:
How do the Preds not even bump Kane all 4.5 periods? As soon as he got his first assist they should have been pounding him. Preds should have won but they let the Shitholes play their game.
I wasn't surprised. That wouldn't be the game I would play either - whereby I go out to intentionally injure another guy - and I believe most players believe that as well. Not to mention that no Pred wanted to get a 5 min major just to do that. You have to ask yourself if it's worth it to risk losing the game for your team. Plus you know the refs were on the lookout for that.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

cprice12 wrote:I thought the no-call on Keith was a good no-call in OT...but I thought the penalty on NSH for tripping was weak.
I disagree - I thought the Preds should have had either a penalty shot or powerplay from the Keith take-down. Hawks got away with a break there.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Kerfuffle wrote:
cprice12 wrote:I thought the no-call on Keith was a good no-call in OT...but I thought the penalty on NSH for tripping was weak.
I disagree - I thought the Preds should have had either a penalty shot or powerplay from the Keith take-down. Hawks got away with a break there.
It was hard to see on the replay angle but it looked like Keith grabbed the guys jersey and yanked him down. Just from the way it played on the screen I think that gets called 9 times out 10.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Kerfuffle wrote:
Misc. Blues wrote:
sseagle wrote:
I wasn't surprised. That wouldn't be the game I would play either - whereby I go out to intentionally injure another guy - and I believe most players believe that as well. Not to mention that no Pred wanted to get a 5 min major just to do that. You have to ask yourself if it's worth it to risk losing the game for your team. Plus you know the refs were on the lookout for that.
Yeah, I can only imagine the fallout if one of your players were to take out the other team's captain with a cheap shot early in a playoff series. That would be really risky and would probably cost your team the game... even the series.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Kerfuffle wrote:
Misc. Blues wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Didn't we already cover this? Nobody said try to injure him. They said hit him. To spell it out, you would do that to make sure you're not letting him get away with coming back early from the injury and influencing the series. If he's injured by a legal hit, that's that. I'm sure every player on every team in every series has been told in no uncertain terms to avoid penalties at all costs. It's still hockey though, and you can still hit. Of course.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Misc. Blues wrote:
sseagle wrote:
The Preds were doing the best they could, they showed some clips of Preds taking at least a shot at Kane every time he got rid of the puck but the guy is extremely shifty and plays the angles very well. Nick Lidstrom-esque is that he's very difficult to hit legally. He doesn't put himself in that position all that often. It's easy to say "pound him" after he's putting points on the boards but how do you do that without marching to the penalty box? That's the problem.

I'm fairly confident in saying the Preds want to play the body on Kane every chance they get and that they're trying.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

big d note wrote:Yeah, I can only imagine the fallout if one of your players were to take out the other team's captain with a cheap shot early in a playoff series. That would be really risky and would probably cost your team the game... even the series.
In no way did the Backes injury cause the Blues to lose that series last year. Not even close. Backes wasn't previously injured before it happened AND the Blues still won the game. And Backes returned for the series. Much different than Kane who is coming off collarbone surgery. To intentionally run Kane to try and re-break it would be a completely different scenario than what occurred to Backes.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

There's a difference between hitting somebody and trying to injure. There's no place for intentionally injuring somebody in any sport. But, it's pretty common to try to be physical with somebody coming off of an injury. Even if it just makes him think about it a bit more, it helps. And you don't have to try to injure to do that.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

Kerfuffle wrote:
Misc. Blues wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Hey I respect your opinion most of the time but when did I say injure? Kane was just floating the whole game. I watched the Chicago feed and Kane's name was barely even mentioned. He wasn't hitting or getting hit. He scored a couple of assists and was barely talked about. If he missed a shift I wouldn't have known it. It was like the Preds just ignored him. I never want a player hurt but a player who's on the score sheet setting up plays needs hit. The Preds had 39 hits and Kane didn't even feel 1 of them. The Hawks only had 28 hits and Duncan Keith had none Seabrook only had 2 all night. The only way to beat the Hawks is to grind them down. If you let them skate they will kill you on the rush. When they play the Blues they will feel it. Kane or anyone will know they've played the Blues. This is the playoffs hit somebody.
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Kerfuffle wrote:
big d note wrote:Yeah, I can only imagine the fallout if one of your players were to take out the other team's captain with a cheap shot early in a playoff series. That would be really risky and would probably cost your team the game... even the series.
In no way did the Backes injury cause the Blues to lose that series last year. Not even close. Backes wasn't previously injured before it happened AND the Blues still won the game. And Backes returned for the series. Much different than Kane who is coming off collarbone surgery. To intentionally run Kane to try and re-break it would be a completely different scenario than what occurred to Backes.
You are literally the only person talking about this and I'm pretty sure the only one here even thinking it.

I can understand the paranoia.

Thing is, as I alluded to earlier and Waukee pointed out specifically, he's hard to catch and hit.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

big d note wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
Misc. Blues wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Yeah, I can only imagine the fallout if one of your players were to take out the other team's captain with a cheap shot early in a playoff series. That would be really risky and would probably cost your team the game... even the series.
I think you need to do a better job of pointing out the sarcasm/irony for the shithawks fans. They have short memories and even shorter attention spans.

:lol:
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

You don't have to give the Keith treatment, but you should certainly throw bodies on the guy to test his fitness. No one is suggesting a Subban chop or a McSorely here.

Hell, you should be blowing up that guy with crushing body checks every legal chance you get even if he wasn't injured.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman