Pulling the Ell

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Pulling the Ell

Post by ecbm »

Fair enough, Curt-while I'd never tell anyone not to make off color jokes, you gotta understand when someone reacts defensively.

As for your evaluations of the Blues' goalies, I generally agree, though I don't feel as strongly as you do that Elliott clearly has a good pedigree as a starting NHL goalie. Allen does make mental mistakes and certainly spends too much time on his knees and belly for my liking. In my opinion he's not ready to be a starter in the NHL either.

Of course guys should be ready to go over the boards and sweat blood whenever asked but knowing human nature, knowing sometimes some guys will not: is it the essence of good leadership to simply stomp your feet and insist? Do you think that's what consistently successful leaders do? That behavior sounds to me more typical of limited mediocrities and guys who have the occasional brilliant success punctuating an otherwise above-average resume, guys like Tortorella, Keenan...and Hitch? Maybe, if you ask me.

Fair play re: other instances of both goalies pulled. I'd say those instances don't exactly match up with this one but I'll drop it at this point and just watch how it plays out. If there's something up in the locker room, hopefully it's just standard crap that happens with every team every season.