Trade Deadline Watching

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Trade Deadline Watching

Post by Kerfuffle »

So Monday is the trade deadline - let's post as the trades come in and evaluate them. Breaking stories from the Hawks side is that Patrick Sharp will be dealt before the deadline. Apparently Sharp is sleeping with Keith's wife as some are stating and that it's causing a big problem in the locker room and on the ice. If true it would certainly explain why the team has been non-functional for 2 months. Some Chicago radio personalities who claim inside knowledge said that a line was crossed and that getting Sharp out would immediately help improve the locker room. It's just speculation but I've found where there's smoke there's fire.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Trade Deadline Watching

Post by STLADOGG »

Wow, crazy stuff about Sharp. Dumbass.
Here's an article on it:
http://tpowell0423.sportsblog.com/posts ... ight_.html
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Yeah if it was just a locker room fight it wouldn't be a big deal. But sleeping with a teammate's wife and/or girlfriend is a big NO. Women love Sharp - so when the guy is around panties fly off. And it would explain a lot if true. Not sure if you guys remember but 26 years ago the Cubs traded Ramael Palmeiro and Dave Martinez. Years later it leaked out that both were supposedly sleeping with Sandberg's wife and that's why they were dealt.

Back in 1997 I dated a girl who was admittedly out of my league - she was gorgeous and I was lucky to be with her for several months. She shared with me that her and her friends (several of them hot) hung out at Blackhawks parties back in the late 80s and early 90s and she said that the players all cheated on their wives. She gave me some player names which I won't repeat and I suspected these were the 2 that she herself had been with. I'm sure infidelity is rampant across a lot of sports teams even today.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Reminds me of the Shanahan and Janney fiasco back in the day where Shanahan was sleeping with Janney's wife when both were here on the Blues.
Shanny ended up marrying her...so at least there is that.
I also heard that Janney was a complete dick to her, and Shanahan decked him in practice...or something like that.
Shanahan was traded the following offseason.
Good times. :evil:

Back in, around, 1993...I went to Blues training camp in Brentwood...and Shanahan and Janney left the rink in the same car...they were good friends for a while.
Korolev didn't seem to know how to drive, as he was grinding the gears when shifting when he left. :lol:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Kerfuffle wrote:So Monday is the trade deadline - let's post as the trades come in and evaluate them. Breaking stories from the Hawks side is that Patrick Sharp will be dealt before the deadline. Apparently Sharp is sleeping with Keith's wife as some are stating and that it's causing a big problem in the locker room and on the ice. If true it would certainly explain why the team has been non-functional for 2 months. Some Chicago radio personalities who claim inside knowledge said that a line was crossed and that getting Sharp out would immediately help improve the locker room. It's just speculation but I've found where there's smoke there's fire.
Hmmm...so no Kane, and they may deal Sharp?
Depending on the return, that is a significant portion of their offense that may not be there come Monday.

Sharp is married and has a 4 year old daughter. I'm hoping the rumors with Keith's wife aren't true. That is just a sucky situation for their daughter if true.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Wow, didn't realize I had wandered onto TMZ...

Any like, real sources for this stuff?

:lol:

Anyway, I mainly remember that time that Adam Oates & Joe Juneau were rumored to be lovers... :?

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Bergie for sharp straight up?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

cprice12 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:So Monday is the trade deadline - let's post as the trades come in and evaluate them. Breaking stories from the Hawks side is that Patrick Sharp will be dealt before the deadline. Apparently Sharp is sleeping with Keith's wife as some are stating and that it's causing a big problem in the locker room and on the ice. If true it would certainly explain why the team has been non-functional for 2 months. Some Chicago radio personalities who claim inside knowledge said that a line was crossed and that getting Sharp out would immediately help improve the locker room. It's just speculation but I've found where there's smoke there's fire.
Hmmm...so no Kane, and they may deal Sharp?
Depending on the return, that is a significant portion of their offense that may not be there come Monday.

Sharp is married and has a 4 year old daughter. I'm hoping the rumors with Keith's wife aren't true. That is just a sucky situation for their daughter if true.
Both are married and have kids. Sharp's wife is pretty but not gorgeous. Keith's wife is drop dead gorgeous. If the rumor was Carcillo I'd say no way but it's Sharp. And if true it really is an unforgivable thing within the locker room - you just don't do that to your teammates.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

ecbm wrote:Wow, didn't realize I had wandered onto TMZ...

Anyway, I mainly remember that time that Adam Oates & Joe Juneau were rumored to be lovers... :?
Do Chicago reporters and radio personalties count as real sources? Cause that's where it's coming from and people are reading between the lines from there.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Sharp says "Wakey wakey Keith!"

Too soon? :)

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

And there's still more rumors that sharp and Crawford got into the fight, allegedly because Crawford ratted sharp out for having a thing with a puckbunny. I can believe that more than I can the other stuff. This makes the locker room issues about more than just sharp's conduct but also about breaking the guy code to rat him out.

/shrug. There's something going on...
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:And there's still more rumors that sharp and Crawford got into the fight, allegedly because Crawford ratted sharp out for having a thing with a puckbunny. I can believe that more than I can the other stuff. This makes the locker room issues about more than just sharp's conduct but also about breaking the guy code to rat him out.

/shrug. There's something going on...
The characters in the fight keep changing and have been the following 3 pairings from what I read:

1) Sharp vs. Crawford - for the reason you specified above
2) Seabrook vs. Carcillo - for reasons I have no idea
3) Sharp vs Kane - someone said Sharp slept with Kane's girlfriend as well

So there you have it - speculation and gossip. But I agree something's going on. There's lot of smoke.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Kerfuffle wrote:
ecbm wrote:Wow, didn't realize I had wandered onto TMZ...

Do Chicago reporters and radio personalties count as real sources? Cause that's where it's coming from and people are reading between the lines from there.
Possibly. Craig Carton is a radio personality and is often full of shit and engages shamelessly in spreading gossip. What randoms come up with while reading between the lines, however, is not any sort of source.

Toasted Oates
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Toasted Oates »

The fanboy in me loves this story. However, with kids involved, the adult way to feel is sorry for the kids. Damn.
Kerfuffle wrote:Both are married and have kids. Sharp's wife is pretty but not gorgeous. Keith's wife is drop dead gorgeous. If the rumor was Carcillo I'd say no way but it's Sharp. And if true it really is an unforgivable thing within the locker room - you just don't do that to your teammates.
Whoa whoa whoa. That's a pretty subjective statement, so let's put this to a jury.
Mrs. Keith:
Mrs. Sharp:
Yeah, gotta agree with Kerfuffle here.
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko (UPDATE: FOUND! Ryan O' Reilly. July 1, 2018).
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.
2018-2019 LGB sponsor of the 2nd greatest Joel in Blues history, #6 Joel "Eddy" Edmundson.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Hawks just made a trade - we got a 40 year old D-man from the Flyers - Tiamonen (or however it's spelled)

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Kerfuffle wrote:Hawks just made a trade - we got a 40 year old D-man from the Flyers - Tiamonen (or however it's spelled)
Mr. Blood Clots? WTF? He'll be back on the bench before you know it. That's bad shit. What did Flyers get in return?
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

ComradeT wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:Hawks just made a trade - we got a 40 year old D-man from the Flyers - Tiamonen (or however it's spelled)
Mr. Blood Clots? WTF? He'll be back on the bench before you know it. That's bad shit. What did Flyers get in return?
We gave them a 2nd and 4th round round pick. Also they said he hasn't played a game all year - wonderful! So we have a 6 week rent-a-player.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

ComradeT wrote:
2015 second-round pick and a conditional 2016 fourth-round pick and a rock.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Toasted Oates wrote:The fanboy in me loves this story. However, with kids involved, the adult way to feel is sorry for the kids. Damn.
Kerfuffle wrote:Both are married and have kids. Sharp's wife is pretty but not gorgeous. Keith's wife is drop dead gorgeous. If the rumor was Carcillo I'd say no way but it's Sharp. And if true it really is an unforgivable thing within the locker room - you just don't do that to your teammates.
Whoa whoa whoa. That's a pretty subjective statement, so let's put this to a jury.
Mrs. Keith:
Mrs. Sharp:
Yeah, gotta agree with Kerfuffle here.
First glance, Mrs. Keith reminds me of Jenny McCarthy. Mrs. Sharp reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

beat2life
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beat2life »

cprice12 wrote:Reminds me of the Shanahan and Janney fiasco back in the day where Shanahan was sleeping with Janney's wife when both were here on the Blues.
Shanny ended up marrying her...so at least there is that.
funny story about this. Janney moved in next to my buddy's friend's grandma. (yeah yeah, friend of a friend) One day he went to visit her and wanted to get Janney's autograph. She urged him to go over there and ask. He goes and knocks, the door opens, and it's Shanahan. He knew who Shanahan was, but didn't know what to say because he was expecting Janney. He just held up his piece of paper and asked if he could have an autograph. He said Shannahan looked a little agitated and seemed to be checking if the coast was clear before grabbing the paper, signing it, and abruptly closing the door. He didn't care though, he ran back to his grandma's with the piece of paper. When he got in, he proudly showed her the autograph: "Rick Zombo"

He's currently trying to find the autograph. I have my finger's crossed.