Cracknell is back

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Cracknell is back

Post by F Keenan »

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Cracknell is back

Post by F Keenan »

DAMN YOU DMILES!!!!!!!!!!!! Might Ducks 2 wasn't even that good of a movie! That's right I said it.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

F Keenan wrote:DAMN YOU DMILES!!!!!!!!!!!! Might Ducks 2 wasn't even that good of a movie! That's right I said it.
I deleted my thread, but I'll quote this to show for the record that I'm awesome. :D

Funny enough, Cracknell just came up in another thread. He's going to the AHL, but it's nice to have him back in the system. I really hope this sets us up for a move where we trade Ott...but we can't be that lucky can we?

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

dmiles2186 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:DAMN YOU DMILES!!!!!!!!!!!! Might Ducks 2 wasn't even that good of a movie! That's right I said it.
I deleted my thread, but I'll quote this to show for the record that I'm awesome. :D

Funny enough, Cracknell just came up in another thread. He's going to the AHL, but it's nice to have him back in the system. I really hope this sets us up for a move where we trade Ott...but we can't be that lucky can we?
CAN I SPONSOR HIM FOR THIS SEASON?? I LOVE CRACKNELL

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

drwoland wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

CAN I SPONSOR HIM FOR THIS SEASON?? I LOVE CRACKNELL
If his name isn't in the sponsor thread, throw it down there and he's yours.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I didn't think we would be major players at the deadline and really didn't think we needed to be either. But, I'm fully convinced this is part 1 to a much bigger trade. Not that we can have too much depth, but we don't really need another forward in Chicago. This is intended to open up salary for a bigger trade I think.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cardsfan04 wrote:I didn't think we would be major players at the deadline and really didn't think we needed to be either. But, I'm fully convinced this is part 1 to a much bigger trade. Not that we can have too much depth, but we don't really need another forward in Chicago. This is intended to open up salary for a bigger trade I think.
I wondered that too. And what always seems to happen with Armstrong is that his bigger trades always seem to be proceeded by these smaller deals. Call them tremors, if you will. Maybe not, but I'm definitely interested to see what happens.

What I hope DOESN'T happen is that we trade Berglund for defense, bump Ott up to the 3rd line, and Cracks up from the AHL to the 4th line. Anything that results in Ott moving off the 4th line is bad, bad, bad.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

dmiles2186 wrote:

You must have posted yours like 10 seconds before me.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Yeah, hopefully this means someone making more money can be moved.

You know who you are...

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Yandle? He's been mentioned in here. If the right pieces move, he can be a long term fixture instead of a rental. That means Bouwmeester, maybe, being a piece of a package. Bouwmeester and Berglund can net Yandle and someone else/picks? Yandle's salary is only minimally higher than Bouwmeester's, but I'd rather have Yandle because he can do more on offense and the mystique behind Bouwmeester's durability disappeared this season. Now he's just another 5 mil a year d-man. I don't care that Yandle is minus a zillion this year because hey, it's Arizona.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I dunno.
I see this as simply a 4th line depth move for the playoffs in case we run into injury issues.
Sure, this move could lead to something else...but I don't know...we'll see.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Cracknell does = Ott at a huge discount. Getting the CPR line back together for the playoffs would be fun, even though it doesn't address my concern of having a more offensively productive line. What it does do is eliminate the need for Ott whom, while he hasn't disappointed as much as I expected he would, is still overpaid for what he gives this team. Cracknell can do Ott's job for a fraction of the price. So I personally hope that this is the lead up to something bigger, and I hope that "something bigger" involves clearing of cap space without plainly destroying the dynamics of the team ahead of April.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

glen a richter wrote:Cracknell does = Ott at a huge discount. Getting the CPR line back together for the playoffs would be fun, even though it doesn't address my concern of having a more offensively productive line. What it does do is eliminate the need for Ott whom, while he hasn't disappointed as much as I expected he would, is still overpaid for what he gives this team. Cracknell can do Ott's job for a fraction of the price. So I personally hope that this is the lead up to something bigger, and I hope that "something bigger" involves clearing of cap space without plainly destroying the dynamics of the team ahead of April.
I think I'm one of the few that likes Ott, but agreed completely with that. We can replace similar production for a lot less than we're paying him.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:Cracknell does = Ott at a huge discount. Getting the CPR line back together for the playoffs would be fun, even though it doesn't address my concern of having a more offensively productive line. What it does do is eliminate the need for Ott whom, while he hasn't disappointed as much as I expected he would, is still overpaid for what he gives this team. Cracknell can do Ott's job for a fraction of the price. So I personally hope that this is the lead up to something bigger, and I hope that "something bigger" involves clearing of cap space without plainly destroying the dynamics of the team ahead of April.
Goc is going to be in the middle on that 4th line. His faceoff skills paired with his penalty skill ability is too valuable at this point. However, I don't mind if it's Porter/Cracknell/Reaves swapping out on the other two positions. So CGR or PGR or CGP works for me. :mrgreen:

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

...I didn't know he left...

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:...I didn't know he left...
:grin:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:...I didn't know he left...
As far as playing time goes...it will probably be the same as when he wasn't here.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

It's a depth move, for sure-and a good one. Season is a grind, especially in Hitch's system. Could see him getting some of Ott's minutes as the season wears on, which would be wise if we're expecting the latter to help in the playoffs.