Scoreboard Watching

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: Scoreboard Watching

Post by Kerfuffle »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:Nashville & Chicago both gain 2 points tonight while we were busy getting whipped.
But Chicago lost Kane, Hart trophy candidate & league's leading scorer, for 6 to 10 weeks with a broken collarbone!
Yeah he's out until round 3 of the playoffs - if we even make it that far - unlikely given that we just finished an 8 game home stand and lost 5 of those. Since he's LTIR now you'll see the Hawks make a big move at the trade deadline - I expect us to make a play for Vermette and possible another sniper as the cap room is freed up. No other choice.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

I bet Kane is back for the FIRST round of the playoffs. Remember last season Tank was injured and came back 2 weeks early in time for the playoffs. Kane's 10 weeks would be April 5th. If he comes back 2 weeks early he is just about on time for the 1st round.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I bet Kane is back for the FIRST round of the playoffs. Remember last season Tank was injured and came back 2 weeks early in time for the playoffs. Kane's 10 weeks would be April 5th. If he comes back 2 weeks early he is just about on time for the 1st round.
:facepalm:

We will see what happens. I know Kane's ur boy, but a broken bone and the lack of conditioning that will come with it may be a bigger deal. Hope it heals clean or that contract turns into an albatross.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I bet Kane is back for the FIRST round of the playoffs. Remember last season Tank was injured and came back 2 weeks early in time for the playoffs. Kane's 10 weeks would be April 5th. If he comes back 2 weeks early he is just about on time for the 1st round.

We will see what happens. I know Kane's ur boy, but a broken bone and the lack of conditioning that will come with it may be a bigger deal. Hope it heals clean or that contract turns into an albatross.
His conditioning shouldn't be much of an issue as he'll be able to skate and work out way before he gets back into the lineup.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Your math is off - 10 weeks would be the week of May 4th.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

cprice12 wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:

His conditioning shouldn't be much of an issue as he'll be able to skate and work out way before he gets back into the lineup.
Um, okay.

He won't be at full game speed or playoff form from skating in circles with the trainer.

He's not going to be doing much upper body work for the duration of that injury, so his hands, wrists, arms, and shoulders won't be nearly in the shape they are in now. Conditioning is more than just cardio.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Kerfuffle wrote:
Your math is off - 10 weeks would be the week of May 4th.
That was a typo. I meant May. Remember the 1st round last year wasn't till April 2x. So if Kane comes back 2 weeks early he's back for round 1.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Nah, that's a nasty injury. Don't wish it on anyone, even Kane. He won't be back early. That, I admit, heartens me as it looks like we're locked to meet in round 1.

But CHI will do what winning franchises do-they'll make sure to replace him.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Also remember the contract he's on. They won't rush him at all.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Never say never. Even NBC has profiled Kane as one of the best conditioned athletes in all of hockey. He has a very intense OFF season workout regimen. Not many in the NHL more dedicated than he is.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Never say never. Even NBC has profiled Kane as one of the best conditioned athletes in all of hockey. He has a very intense OFF season workout regimen. Not many in the NHL more dedicated than he is.
EVEN NBC??????????

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

drwoland wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Never say never. Even NBC has profiled Kane as one of the best conditioned athletes in all of hockey. He has a very intense OFF season workout regimen. Not many in the NHL more dedicated than he is.
EVEN NBC??????????
Well...if NBC profiled Kane...I guess that says it all.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

drwoland wrote:
EVEN NBC??????????
Holy shit NO WAY!!!! Also he is the biggest tool in the NHL, I hate to say that with your fathead shirtless Kane sticker on your wall.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

STLADOGG wrote:
drwoland wrote:
EVEN NBC??????????
Holy shit NO WAY!!!! Also he is the biggest tool in the NHL, I hate to say that with your fathead shirtless Kane sticker on your wall.
To me, Kane will always be the guy who beat up that Cab driver over pocket change.

Combine that with the fact he is a Blackhawk? Forget about it. He's on my list of most hated players.

I'm really annoyed at the NHL for putting him on a pedastal during the All-Star break with putting him on stage during the World Cup of Hockey and Winter Classic press conference, and having him as one of the players drafting during the All-Star game draft...and then interviewing him a few times during the skills competition. A player who assaults a cab driver in a drunken rage over pocket change shouldn't be highlighted by the NHL during events like that. It's shameful. It's what the NFL does...the NHL should be better than that.

I'm glad he's out for the season and won't come back until well into the playoffs. I feel weird saying that because I don't like to root for injuries to other players...but its' a different story when it comes to guys like Kane.

Usually my "hatred" for other players is strictly in the spirit of sport and rivalries. It's "on ice" hatred. My opinions of players off the ice are generally good as you see a number of guys doing good things in the community and they seem like good guys. And I'm sure Kane has done his fair share of community stuff (probably)...but he has already proven he is a douchebag asshole off the ice. He has earned that label and that is something that doesn't just go away. So it's quite easy to hate him when he's on the ice.

I always wonder about the fans who wear Kane jerseys. I mean, if Steen had senselessly assaulted his wife or a cab driver or whoever, then I'm certainly not buying a jersey with his name on the back. Am I overreacting? I dunno...maybe. But that's how I feel about it.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

The account I read was his COUSIN attacked the cab driver. Regardless we all make mistakes especially when young. He didn't kill him or viciously assault him and take his eye out like Mark Wahlberg did!

Mark Wahlberg committed felony assault and took a man's EYE out yet becomes a movie star?? He should've gotten 25 years for that vicious assault and NEVER been accepted in Hollywood!

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:The account I read was his COUSIN attacked the cab driver. Regardless we all make mistakes especially when young. He didn't kill him or viciously assault him and take his eye out like Mark Wahlberg did!

Mark Wahlberg committed felony assault and took a man's EYE out yet becomes a movie star?? He should've gotten 25 years for that vicious assault and NEVER been accepted in Hollywood!
I was gonna say that I'm with cprice. The cabbie incident plus him being a blackhawk equals no bueno.

But, that was until I heard what Mark Wahlberg did. I mean, how can I hold Kane's actions against him if there's a second scumbag in the 6-7 billion people on earth?
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:The account I read was his COUSIN attacked the cab driver. Regardless we all make mistakes especially when young. He didn't kill him or viciously assault him and take his eye out like Mark Wahlberg did!

If Kane didn't do it then why did he plead guilty to a lesser charge? If you are not guilty you you fight it. A good lawyer should have made it go away but Kane still got it on his record. Kane is a douchebag and wtf does Mark Wahlberg got to do with this? You come up with the most bizarre facts that have nothing to do with what the subject matter is.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009 ... er-charges
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

cardsfan04 wrote:

I was gonna say that I'm with cprice. The cabbie incident plus him being a blackhawk equals no bueno.

But, that was until I heard what Mark Wahlberg did. I mean, how can I hold Kane's actions against him if there's a second scumbag in the 6-7 billion people on earth?
How can YOU even think poorly of Kane when Ted Kennedy KILLED a woman and then went on to a successful political career?!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Mark Wahlberg assaults us all annually by his attempts at 'acting.'

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

cprice12 wrote:To me, Kane will always be the guy who beat up that Cab driver over pocket change.
That's not what happened. The version you told is the rumor version that has been spread and much like the telephone game it's taken on a new life as people have added to it over the years. On the Kings board they thought Kane had ruthlessly beat an old man - to the point of near death. On the Minnesota board one guy posted that the cab driver needed facial reconstructive surgery due to Kane's 'behavior'. Your version here is that he beat him up over 20 cents - which is the more popular version. None of these are based in fact. The true story is that yes Kane and his cousin acted improperly that night and yes alcohol was involved. An argument started cause the cabbie was ticked they gave him only $15 for a $14.80 cab fare. So the cabbie locked them in the back seat. If you're not familiar with Chicago cabs they remove the rear seat door latches to prevent people from jumping out without paying. So once you pay the driver unlocks the door and you get out. The Cabbie in this case left the doors locked and Kane and his cousin wanted to get out after paying. Apparently a punch was thrown at the driver and accounts differ on who threw it but both are guilty. It's a felony to assault a cab driver in Illinois for any reason. So yes Kane and his cousin were in the wrong cause you can't lay your hands on another -but these stories about the cab driver being 'beaten up' are wrong.