Scoreboard Watching

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Scoreboard Watching

Post by gaijin »

cprice12 wrote:Don't look now, but Chicago looks like they are in line to pass Nashville. 4 pts. down and 3 games in hand.
Damn, it would suck to be a Nashville fan and have your team lead the Central all year, only to collapse down the stretch and finish third.

But I guess I could have ended that sentence a lot earlier. :wink:

ibldbl
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ibldbl »

Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly 2021 - 2022
Official LGB Sponsor of Colton Parayko 2017 - 2019
Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk 2016 - 2017
Official LGB Sponsor of Troy Brouwer 2015 - 2016
Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz 2013 - 2015

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

ibldbl wrote:Image
lol, that's funny
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Hawks are playing Rangers tonight. Wonder if it's one of those dreaded nights for Glen when he kind of roots for the Rangers.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

'Yotes fans have to be thrilled that their team is now in the thick of it for the McEichel sweepstakes.

I know nobody in pro sports like to use the "tank" word but they did a great job of dumping talent at the deadline to ensure that they wouldn't be winning many more games.

I still think it's better for hockey that Buffalo/Edmonton be the top two picks but what do I know. Maybe ultimately better that Arizona gets a stud kid. No matter what they'll get a talent obviously though.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

WaukeeBlues wrote:'Yotes fans have to be thrilled that their team is now in the thick of it for the McEichel sweepstakes.

I know nobody in pro sports like to use the "tank" word but they did a great job of dumping talent at the deadline to ensure that they wouldn't be winning many more games.

I still think it's better for hockey that Buffalo/Edmonton be the top two picks but what do I know. Maybe ultimately better that Arizona gets a stud kid. No matter what they'll get a talent obviously though.
Best case and well documented example was the Penguins tanking to get Mario Lemieux in the 1984 draft.

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by tjk002 »

Damn, Chicago going to keep the pressure on. But as long as the Blues keep winning nothing to worry about.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

hi, is this where i come to talk about the hockies?
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Kerfuffle wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:'Yotes fans have to be thrilled that their team is now in the thick of it for the McEichel sweepstakes.

Best case and well documented example was the Penguins tanking to get Mario Lemieux in the 1984 draft.
How'd that work out for them?
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Rags and Hawks are both making the playoffs so I'd say yesterdays result was ok by me. The Rags offense got shut down proving to future opponents that it's possible to stop Nash, Krieder and that ilk. At the same time, the Blackhawks offense got shut down proving to future opponents that they're not necessarily an offensive juggernaut, especially with their current injury situation.

At the moment I'm not overly concerned about the Rangers. I think Montreal will come out of the east when it's all said and done.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

glen a richter wrote:Rags and Hawks are both making the playoffs so I'd say yesterdays result was ok by me. The Rags offense got shut down proving to future opponents that it's possible to stop Nash, Krieder and that ilk. At the same time, the Blackhawks offense got shut down proving to future opponents that they're not necessarily an offensive juggernaut, especially with their current injury situation.

At the moment I'm not overly concerned about the Rangers. I think Montreal will come out of the east when it's all said and done.
I disagree - I believe the Rangers are the best team to win the Cup this year. Obviously anything can happen in the playoffs but that team is rock solid. We've played them twice in the past week and the result of both games was 1-0. The good news is the Hawks are back and playing great again. Getting the Sharp controversy out in the public seemed to start the healing process - seeing focus from our guys now which haven't seen since before xmas.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Montreal is a better team than the Rangers. Unless they take another dirty run at Price, I think the Habs will handle them if/when they eventually meet. Plus Montreal has to want revenge for what went down last postseason.

Also consider that this crazy run NY has been on has been backstopped entirely by Cam Talbot. When Lundqvist comes back you know they'll put Talbot back on the bench and run with Hank even though he may or may not be up to the task as much as young Cam would have been. Remember, Talbot played his college hockey in Alabama. He's been through the mill and came out a really good NHL'er after it was all said and done. Many teams would be lucky to have him as their #1, but I think they'll blow it by giving the reigns back to their multi-million dollar tender. I think the team is playing differently in front of the kid and they'll start playing lax when the veteran is back in goal. That'll could end up costing them dearly.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

While we were getting spanked today Nashville won and Chicago lost.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Portland Blues wrote:While we were getting spanked today Nashville won and Chicago lost.
The playoff seedings might literally take till the last game of the season to be determined. That's when the Blues play the Wild.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

One point up on Nashville with the same games played. Chicago is 5 points behind us with two games in hand (when the hell did that happen?). With 9 games to play (11 for Chicago), it's really still anyone's Division.

Calgary and LA continue to battle it out for the 3rd spot in the Pacific. Whoever doesn't make it will most likely find themselves out of the playoffs, as both Minnesota and Winnipeg have a hold on the Wild Cards.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Looking at today's games (Monday, 23 Mar)- Chicago plays Carolina, LA plays New Jersey, Minnesota plays Toronto, Calgary plays Colorado, and Winnipeg plays Edmonton.

Could the schedule BE any easier for these teams?

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Well at least 3 of those teams have a game left against the Blues, so yes, it could be easier :okman:

Sent from Russia with love. But also from my phone.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Games in hand pissed away for a 1 point lead and Chicago back in the mix if they win their games in hand. I feel like I've seen this one before...

Like last year, the team looks gassed down the stretch.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

gaijin wrote:Looking at today's games (Monday, 23 Mar)- Chicago plays Carolina, LA plays New Jersey, Minnesota plays Toronto, Calgary plays Colorado, and Winnipeg plays Edmonton.

Could the schedule BE any easier for these teams?
And surprise, surprise- every single one of those playoff hopefuls won last night.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Preds & Wild both pick up 2 points tonight. Jets down by a goal in the 3rd.