GDT #55: 2/12/15 | 6:30PM CST | @ Lightning | FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT #55: 2/12/15 | 6:30PM CST | @ Lightning | FSMW/KMOX

Post by ecbm »

Curt-sv% isn't nearly as much a team stat as GAA. It just isn't. It is flawed as you point out in that it counts all shots equally. But at least it does vary based on the number of shots on goal, ie, the amount of work a goalie actually does. GAA hides that-two guys can have the same GAA where one faces twice as many shots as the other. And for all the talk of the Blues declining defense: they're 5th in fewest shots allowed, all of .7 shots/game off 1st. It's still a very good defense.

As for "lessening Elliott's play" well I'm not doing that. I'm just critically evaluating him as part of doing that with the club generally. Not bitch-evaluate. You know, like one does with other clubs. He's done very well this season but he's sagged a bit lately. I'm basing that both on objective factors (stats) and the eye test. I do think that there needs to be some elaboration of goalie stats. I'm guessing scouts must have already done this but they haven't gone mainstream like Corsi and Fenwick. I really don't trust the pure eye test, no matter how good Eastwood was in that movie!

And it's not at all unreasonable that at this point I would say that I want to see a goalie at some point give the Blues' more in terms of consistent quality play at crunch time than they've gotten out of any goalie in my lifetime-except for Fuhr, who was good right up until he was injured by a douche.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:Anyone else notice that annoying drunk bitch screaming with like 5 minutes left last night?
Maybe this is a personal issue between you and your wife/girfriend, man. You should prolly call an attorney/break up rather than posting about her on here.

:lol:
Hey screw her, shes the one who broke up with me. :)
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

It occurred to me today that, with Hitch moving into sole possession of #4 all time coaching wins, each of the top four have coaching experience with the team. Maybe we'll finally get the Cup, 4th times a charm.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Fradi
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Fradi »

I don't know, this, coupled with someone at ESPN calling the Blues a genuine cup-contender, makes me feel a bit anxious....
2015-16 Sponsor of a true hero: Steve Ott

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

glen a richter wrote:It occurred to me today that, with Hitch moving into sole possession of #4 all time coaching wins, each of the top four have coaching experience with the team. Maybe we'll finally get the Cup, 4th times a charm.
The top 3 all had their first head coaching stint in the NHL with the Blues. So.... just sayin'

Hope this doesn't really mater.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season