Rinne Out with Sprained Knee

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Rinne Out with Sprained Knee

Post by STLADOGG »

http://www.tsn.ca/predators-g-rinne-out ... e-1.183321
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne has a sprained knee that will keep him out for three to five weeks.
The Predators announced the injury on Thursday and initially thought he'd miss three games plus the NHL All-Star weekend. The team updated the time away later Thursday, after the Finnish goaltender met with the team doctor.
Rinne was hurt on Tuesday when Vancouver forward Chris Higgins became entangled with Nashville defenceman Anton Volchenkov in the third period. They then collided with Rinne, with their momentum carrying him into the end boards where his skates appeared to make first contact.
The goalie leads the NHL with 29 wins and ranks second in the league with a 1.96 goals against average and a .931 save percentage. Rinne was selected to his first All-Star appearance.
The Predators have three games left before the All-Star break next week.
Basically he is out for 3-5 weeks. :okman:
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Rinne Out with Sprained Knee

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

STLADOGG wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/predators-g-rinne-out ... e-1.183321
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne has a sprained knee that will keep him out for three to five weeks.
The Predators announced the injury on Thursday and initially thought he'd miss three games plus the NHL All-Star weekend. The team updated the time away later Thursday, after the Finnish goaltender met with the team doctor.
Rinne was hurt on Tuesday when Vancouver forward Chris Higgins became entangled with Nashville defenceman Anton Volchenkov in the third period. They then collided with Rinne, with their momentum carrying him into the end boards where his skates appeared to make first contact.
The goalie leads the NHL with 29 wins and ranks second in the league with a 1.96 goals against average and a .931 save percentage. Rinne was selected to his first All-Star appearance.
Do they want Marty?
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
Do they want Marty?
I was thinking that too. Maybe we can con them into a trade?
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

STLADOGG wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:
Do they want Marty?
I was thinking that too. Maybe we can con them into a trade?
Ham Sandwich, a conditional condiment, and a bag of broken sticks for Marty and a case of Geritol? Do it LEEERY! :lol:
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

I haven't really figured out yet if Nasvhille is for real this season. They've never done anything in the playoffs yet. Until that happens I would say the Ducks, Blues, Hawks, and Kings are the teams that stand the best chance of coming out of the West. It's weird but our two teams may faceoff in the first round again this year.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Kerfuffle wrote:I haven't really figured out yet if Nasvhille is for real this season. They've never done anything in the playoffs yet. Until that happens I would say the Ducks, Blues, Hawks, and Kings are the teams that stand the best chance of coming out of the West. It's weird but our two teams may faceoff in the first round again this year.
I don't believe they're for real, but they've hung around longer than I expected. I still feel like they'll fall back down to earth at some point though.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

cardsfan04 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:I haven't really figured out yet if Nasvhille is for real this season. They've never done anything in the playoffs yet. Until that happens I would say the Ducks, Blues, Hawks, and Kings are the teams that stand the best chance of coming out of the West. It's weird but our two teams may faceoff in the first round again this year.
I don't believe they're for real, but they've hung around longer than I expected. I still feel like they'll fall back down to earth at some point though.
It's like the NL Central. Every year, someone is the "surprise" team, and it seems to alternate between the Reds, Pirates, and Brewers. They're never for real, and they always go back to their mediocre ways the following season after the Cardinals eliminate them in the playoffs.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

gaijin wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
It's like the NL Central. Every year, someone is the "surprise" team, and it seems to alternate between the Reds, Pirates, and Brewers. They're never for real, and they always go back to their mediocre ways the following season after the Cardinals eliminate them in the playoffs.
Except this year it'll be the Cubs because of Joe Maddon and the fact that Back To The Future 2 said so.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

cardsfan04 wrote:
I seriously think they are this year's Cinderella team. You look at the sum of their parts and the team is made up of misfits paid more or less cheap who want to play. There's a desire there that I haven't seen on too many teams that haven't won the Cup and if you take into account the level of talent with Nashville, counting them out is just something you can't do. They are for real. And I'm not even a Preds fan.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Nashville will survive this stretch. I don't think they're particularly concerned about winning the Central title (though I'm sure they'd tell you that'd be great to do) but solidly get into the playoffs. Assuming that's the first priority, this 3-5 week stretch isn't going to kill them.

They just beat the Caps and while their schedule for the next 3-5 weeks doesn't look "kind," they just have to avoid falling into a slump, win enough games here and there until Rinne is back and they'll be fine. They have enough points in hand that they have the luxury of losing an extra game or 3 here in this several week span. So far they're 1-0 without him though.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk