GDT #44: 1/15/15 | 7:00PM CST | v Red Wings | FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT #44: 1/15/15 | 7:00PM CST | v Red Wings | FSMW/KMOX

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I must have missed something. At what point was Allen sent to the AHL?
Not sure what your talking about?
Brodeur is leaving the team for a week or two but Allen is for sure still with the team.

EDIT: Just read that on the opening post. Dammit Miles are you posting these from (Franking) ESPN again?
No, Fox Sports actually.

Here's a behind the scenes hint: I don't actually read these things, I just Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V.
And sometimes you Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V and then forget to Ctrl+C for the next game and end up Ctrl+V'ing the preview from the game the day before. Confusion ensues.
No, never happened. And if, what you say happened, actually did happen, I'm thinking the result was a win so whatever I did worked.

(And actually, the website directed me to the wrong day. I just clicked on the preview and copied it without looking)

But um...that never happened.

And we won that day. So...yeah.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I must have missed something. At what point was Allen sent to the AHL?
Brodeur is leaving the team for a week or two but Allen is for sure still with the team.

EDIT: Just read that on the opening post. Dammit Miles are you posting these from (Franking) ESPN again?
No, Fox Sports actually.

Here's a behind the scenes hint: I don't actually read these things, I just Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V.
And sometimes you Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V and then forget to Ctrl+C for the next game and end up Ctrl+V'ing the preview from the game the day before. Confusion ensues.
No, never happened. And if, what you say happened, actually did happen, I'm thinking the result was a win so whatever I did worked.

(And actually, the website directed me to the wrong day. I just clicked on the preview and copied it without looking)

At least it was a gameday preview and not a link to some lewd website, lest we'd have to notify your wife. On the other hand, we also learned that you don't Ctrl-C very often.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:

No, Fox Sports actually.

At least it was a gameday preview and not a link to some lewd website, lest we'd have to notify your wife. On the other hand, we also learned that you don't Ctrl-C very often.
Lewd websites? Wha?...I mean....who do you?...I would never....how can you even?...To think that I would ever entertain the idea....

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

[quote="dmiles2186]Lewd websites? Wha?...I mean....who do you?...I would never....how can you even?...To think that I would ever entertain the idea....[/quote]

Shoot, I was thinking of sseagle. My apologies.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

And here it comes. The epic, unavoidable, mind blowing, spine breaking, nerve wrecking, eye burning, puke inducing, hair raising, nail biting, palm sweating, knee buckling, bum squeaking....

BREAKDOWN

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Wheres the nearest bridge...cliff.....highway.... :cry:
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Toasted Oates
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Toasted Oates »

Pretty fun game besides both teams exchanging dives. 27 looks like he's turned a corner. 28+ minutes of ice time....#1 Dman. They score a softie in OT, it is what it is. Mrazek made the big save on Stastny in OT, Elliott can't come up with one.

Also, on a scale of clinched butt cheeks to 1998 Dominik Hasek, how comfortable is everyone with this goalie tandem?
Last edited by Toasted Oates on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko (UPDATE: FOUND! Ryan O' Reilly. July 1, 2018).
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.
2018-2019 LGB sponsor of the 2nd greatest Joel in Blues history, #6 Joel "Eddy" Edmundson.

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

Loser point :(
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

What a fantastic game. Playoff atmosphere! Reminds you of how great the Blues/Wings rivalry was going all the way back to the "Chuck" Norris division.

Datsyuk is amazing but Tank is getting to that level.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Toasted Oates wrote:Pretty fun game besides both teams exchanging dives. 27 looks like he's turned a corner. 28+ minutes of ice time....#1 Dman. They score a softie in OT, it is what it is. Mrazek made the big save on Stastny in OT, Elliott can't come up with one.

Also, on a scale of clinched butt cheeks to 1998 Dominik Hasek, how comfortable is everyone with this goalie tandem?
Yeah Petro looked great, was stealing pucks left and right tonight.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

F-

We played a real team so of course we lost. If only we could play Edmonton and Carolina 41 times each.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

I HATE losing to these asshats. :evil:

*edit: What makes it worse is we won't have the chance for revenge until late March, in their building, when the playoff race is in full throttle. And you know some D-bag is going to throw a dead animal on the ice.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

gaijin wrote:I HATE losing to these asshats. :evil:

*edit: What makes it worse is we won't have the chance for revenge until late March, in their building, when the playoff race is in full throttle. And you know some D-bag is going to throw a dead animal on the ice.
Which will make it all the sweeter when we pummel them 7-0.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

dmiles2186 wrote:

In your dreams. You know that's not happening at Detroit. Virtually NO team does that to them in their building.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

dmiles2186 wrote:

In your dreams. You know that's not happening at Detroit. Virtually NO team does that to them in their building.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Agreed on Petro. He looked real good last night. He needs to keep that shit up and be consistent with it.

Elliott played well, aside from the bad goal in OT. He may have been partially screened, but you need to come up with that one.
I don't really blame him on the short side goal that squeaked through a small opening. That was just bad luck. He was against the post and was in position, but the puck just found a tiny hole.

You gotta like our chances if we last 3 more seconds and it goes to a shootout seeing that Detroit is horrible in shootouts for some reason. Ugh.

If I put aside my anger of losing the game, it was a pretty darn good game. We played well...Detroit played well after a bit of a slow start for them. Mrazek was really good. The Blues put some really tough shots on him. And the only two goals we scored were great deflections in front. He was damn good. Gotta give credit there.

I hate being the optimist after a tough loss like that, but we did tie it up with less than a minute to go and got the point to tie Chicago in the standings. With how tight the West may end up being, that was a good point to get. I'm just greedy...wanted 2 pts. last night and it was there for the taking.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Ugh! I hate when John Kelly says "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!". Has anyone told him he sounds like a moron when he says that? Give me a Ken Wilson "OH BABY" over that any day!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2010021148

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

Uh...we did that just a few years ago. Beat them something like 10-2 in their building.

Even I said that.

Try again.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/