Blues Schedule - 9 straight days off in January?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blues Schedule - 9 straight days off in January?

Post by cprice12 »

Why in the hell do we have 9 straight days off at the end of January?
I get that the All-Star break is in there...but that's only 3 days. What the hell? What am I missing?
We've never had 9 days off in a row, except for the olympic breaks.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Blues Schedule - 9 straight days off in January?

Post by ecbm »

Yeah, that's a WTF? You know there's some stretch in March where they'll play 5 in 9 or something like that too. NHL really needs to get its shit together on scheduling.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

That's messed up. The NHL schedule makers really screwed up.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Something else that's screwy- tonight is our last road game until Jan 30.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

If memory serves, our schedule was very back loaded last year. We had all kinds of off days in the first couple months and then played every other day or more for most of the second half. We were beat to shit and tired when we got to the playoffs.

I really think we need to win the cup or a conference or something if we want a better schedule.

I haven't looked at other teams enough to speak competently on that issue - I just know ours generally sucks.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

At least they can use it to rest & recover.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

dumb
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The one week of the season I don't have any late nights at work and they're off the entire time. Figures.

During the stretch, could they send anyone down on a "conditioning assignment" to get their brains in order? Some guys certainly could use the extra playing time in a different, lower pressure environment... looking at you, Jake Allen.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:If memory serves, our schedule was very back loaded last year. We had all kinds of off days in the first couple months and then played every other day or more for most of the second half. We were beat to shit and tired when we got to the playoffs.

I really think we need to win the cup or a conference or something if we want a better schedule.

I haven't looked at other teams enough to speak competently on that issue - I just know ours generally sucks.
Well when you do look, you'll see your suspicions are correct. After playing 8 games in 31 days in January, the Blues play 28 in 59 days in February and March.

Thanks, NHL.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

ecbm wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:If memory serves, our schedule was very back loaded last year. We had all kinds of off days in the first couple months and then played every other day or more for most of the second half. We were beat to shit and tired when we got to the playoffs.

Well when you do look, you'll see your suspicions are correct. After playing 8 games in 31 days in January, the Blues play 28 in 59 days in February and March.

Thanks, NHL.
I'd like to see what other teams we are competing with have. That is (Franking) brutal scheduling and down right unfair unless the whole league is set up like that.

Edit: Shithawks have 32 games between Feb 1 and the end of the season. They have games on consecutive nights 5 times in that stretch, but end the season with a day off or more between each of their last four games.

The Blues have 34 over the same span. Blues play back to back 4 times, and have the same off day between games for the last four.

Seem like it's pretty fair.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman