visitor looking for help

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Re: visitor looking for help

Post by F Keenan »

glen a richter wrote:Also, F Keenan, whoever suggested TGI Fridays was a moron. If you want to find a good restaurant in the city, you need to go to the hole in the walls. Never eat in Midtown, that's all crap chains and that nonsense. Chinatown up by the Bowery has some very good Chinese joints, authentic Chinese not American Chinese.

Yeah, we kind of just turned around and rolled our eyes. We walked to an awesome ramen noodle counter in Hell's Kitchen that night.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

goon attack wrote:F Keenan: :lol:

If you want a great meal, hit Frazer's or 1111 Mississippi.

If you want whatever, there are plenty of joints near the arena for grub.

There's also a new Lobster house down on Sidney that has lines out the door every night called Peacemaker.

If you want killer BBQ, Sugarfire does shred, but Pappy's Smokehouse is much closer.

Scottish Arms has decent grub. And allegedly the Yankees in the 40's who were in town for the World Series came in there every night they were in town.

The haggis is good. Tons of scotch too.

You can also party in Soulard before the game and shuttle over to the arena. Hit Molly's.

The rooftop 360 bar atop the Hilton is cool too. I'd at least go up there to see the view. I've never eaten there though. Great view of the shity.

http://www.360-stl.com/
Frazer's is great. I love the Scottish Arms. We have been talking about going to Peacemaker for a couple of weeks now. The week of Christmas we tried to call ahead and the wait was 3 hours. We had to bail because we had family from out of town with us.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I'll also vouch for Pappy's Smokehouse. Place is bomb-diggity. Just be prepared to wait a while before you get in; it was a good 1hr+ wait when I went there. Coming from a smaller town though where there's usually no more than 15-20 minute waits at restaurants, if any at all, it seemed extra long. Maybe there was something going on or I just went at the worst possible time, I don't know. I'd do it again though, for sure.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:I'll also vouch for Pappy's Smokehouse. Place is bomb-diggity. Just be prepared to wait a while before you get in; it was a good 1hr+ wait when I went there. Coming from a smaller town though where there's usually no more than 15-20 minute waits at restaurants, if any at all, it seemed extra long. Maybe there was something going on or I just went at the worst possible time, I don't know. I'd do it again though, for sure.
That's just kinda how it is. I haven't been to Pappy's in forever, but when I went I usually avoided peak hours or called in a to-go order. That line gets long.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

cardsfan04 wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:I'll also vouch for Pappy's Smokehouse. Place is bomb-diggity. Just be prepared to wait a while before you get in; it was a good 1hr+ wait when I went there. Coming from a smaller town though where there's usually no more than 15-20 minute waits at restaurants, if any at all, it seemed extra long. Maybe there was something going on or I just went at the worst possible time, I don't know. I'd do it again though, for sure.
That's just kinda how it is. I haven't been to Pappy's in forever, but when I went I usually avoided peak hours or called in a to-go order. That line gets long.
We almost always call in our order to Pappy's. I did it Sunday and I got to skip the line. Me and a buddy of mine tore through two slabs of ribs before the first quarter of the Colts game was over.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Sugarfire is killer. Check that out, no doubt. Same for Pappy's. Can't go wrong with either one.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb