GDT #37: 12/30/14 | 7:00PM CST | @ Predators | FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT #37: 12/30/14 | 7:00PM CST | @ Predators | FSMW/KMOX

Post by ecbm »

ComradeT wrote:Would those guys be by any chance Backes (concussion, multiple head/face wounds), Oshie (concussion, possibly two or more), Steen (lower body recently?), Stastny (shoulder at the beginning of the season), Petro (possibly all fucked up because of the niece)?
Yes, that would be them along with Berglund, Ott, Lapierre, Bouwmeester and others. And hey, I get it-they're human and shit distracts them. Fine. But the reason for the Blues' existence is not, at the end of the day, making those who work for them as comfortable as possible but to win. If those guys are so distracted that they can't make the expected contribution to that then it's up to the club to decide if those guys need replacing or if they're going to come around. That's it. I'm sure you realize that every supporter of this team could give a sob story about all the distractions and problems that suggest maybe they shouldn't put so much effort into supporting this club. But at the end of the day, either you support the club or not, no? You can't do it half-assed and then give excuses. Or you shouldn't anyway. I expect the same from the club.

And if guys are too hurt to play effectively they shouldn't play at all. If they must be played for the Blues to be competitive, that's an indictment of the squad's depth. Which I don't think is the problem so much as Hitchcock's complete unwillingness to trust young players if he has any veteran at all as an alternative.