HOW TO BE A BLUES FAN

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: HOW TO BE A BLUES FAN

Post by glen a richter »

I think most of us are at the point that we'd trade one Cup championship for the next 10 seasons missing the playoffs. The Cup is that important.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

glen a richter wrote:I think most of us are at the point that we'd trade one Cup championship for the next 10 seasons missing the playoffs. The Cup is that important.
Agreed.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Oaklandblue wrote:Yall call yourselves Blues fans with a question like that? The franchise has won 17 trophies, a good chunk of them several times. That trophy case is pretty damn full, not counting all the damn banners hanging at the Scott.
But it's way cooler to whine and moan and complain about the past, which has nothing to do with this current season, and sob and give in to an inferiority complex.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:Yall call yourselves Blues fans with a question like that? The franchise has won 17 trophies, a good chunk of them several times. That trophy case is pretty damn full, not counting all the damn banners hanging at the Scott.
But it's way cooler to whine and moan and complain about the past, which has nothing to do with this current season, and sob and give in to an inferiority complex.
You mean the abusive spouse complex where the abusing spouse swears they'll get better, go through the process of spending money and therapy and other odds and ends to in the end backhand their spouse? After going through 40+ years of that, wouldn't the rule of thumb be to leave the spouse for someone that would treat you better? Like that?
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Oaklandblue wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
You mean the abusive spouse complex where the abusing spouse swears they'll get better, go through the process of spending money and therapy and other odds and ends to in the end backhand their spouse? After going through 40+ years of that, wouldn't the rule of thumb be to leave the spouse for someone that would treat you better? Like that?
So many things are wrong with this analogy that I don't even know where to start... Abusive spouse, OB? Really? Filing for divorce yet?
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

ComradeT wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
So many things are wrong with this analogy that I don't even know where to start... Abusive spouse, OB? Really? Filing for divorce yet?
Maybe from the Blues if they keep playing like this lol. Along with a restraining order :).

Toasted Oates
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Toasted Oates »

glen a richter wrote:I think most of us are at the point that we'd trade one Cup championship for the next 10 seasons missing the playoffs. The Cup is that important.
Yes. Even when the team's fully healthy (which has yet to happen) and they storm to the NHL's best record, we've seen that horror movie before. The only thing that matters is that 16th win in the playoff bracket. Anything else (December lulls, trade rumors, in-practice fights, endless line shuffling) is all white noise till we see guys in Blues sweaters skating with the chalice. The team could resemble a pile of shit or the '84 Oilers when the playoffs start but every Blues fan should know too much pain by now to get wound up one way or the other.
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko (UPDATE: FOUND! Ryan O' Reilly. July 1, 2018).
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.
2018-2019 LGB sponsor of the 2nd greatest Joel in Blues history, #6 Joel "Eddy" Edmundson.

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Toasted Oates wrote:
Yes. Even when the team's fully healthy (which has yet to happen) and they storm to the NHL's best record, we've seen that horror movie before. The only thing that matters is that 16th win in the playoff bracket. Anything else (December lulls, trade rumors, in-practice fights, endless line shuffling) is all white noise till we see guys in Blues sweaters skating with the chalice. The team could resemble a pile of shit or the '84 Oilers when the playoffs start but every Blues fan should know too much pain by now to get wound up one way or the other.
Exactly. There's really only one trophy in hockey that matters. Just one. The Blues haven't won their conference in 45 years! I will admit that the Harts won by Pronger and Hull were pretty cool (even though in no way was Brett Hull the best player in the league at any time in his career). Yeah, those are the high points in 35 years. I want more.
I think I agree but being a Rams fan gives me pause.