Paajarvi on waivers

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Paajarvi on waivers

Post by dmiles2186 »

[tweet][/tweet]

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Paajarvi on waivers

Post by ecbm »

Not surprised. Berglund mk II; never room for him with the Blues. Deal was a dump.

TheoSqua
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by TheoSqua »

ecbm wrote:Not surprised. Berglund mk II; never room for him with the Blues. Deal was a dump.
Considering how poorly Perron has played the Oilers would probably have been better off just keeping Paajarvi. Perron has put up a 0.63 ppg pace for Edmondon while being terrible on defense. Paajarvi was doing something like .4 ppg. Not sure that .23 ppg was worth the money difference and an extra pick.
Official LGB Sponser of 10 year old signatures:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I've seen comparisons on twitter that Jaskin and Paajarvi were playing for the same job and Jaskin has outplayed Paajarvi. I'd agree with that, but I also like Paajarvi's wheels and his all out attitude each shift. If he clears, maybe he'll play in Chicago and improve. If he doesn't, he frees up cap space. It would still be nice rolling him out to fly around and hit everything in sight on the 4th line, but I get that's not where his role should be.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Never made much of an impact, easily replaced by Jaskin or literally any of the other prospects we have in the pipeline. Can't remember a single time I thought "Boy I am excited to see what else this kid can accomplish on this team."

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

drwoland wrote:Never made much of an impact, easily replaced by Jaskin or literally any of the other prospects we have in the pipeline. Can't remember a single time I thought "Boy I am excited to see what else this kid can accomplish on this team."
That's basically my sentiments. I was excited at first because I thought the change of scenery from Edmonton would do him good and we'd get to see his full potential. It didn't pan out.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Meh, I never saw where there was any room for him anyway. Surprised there wasn't a single team out there willing to part with a pick for him, or maybe Army just didn't try.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
drwoland wrote:Never made much of an impact, easily replaced by Jaskin or literally any of the other prospects we have in the pipeline. Can't remember a single time I thought "Boy I am excited to see what else this kid can accomplish on this team."
That's basically my sentiments. I was excited at first because I thought the change of scenery from Edmonton would do him good and we'd get to see his full potential. It didn't pan out.
Quite the shame though. I didn't know the guy was only 23. Crazy. Feels like he's been around for longer than that. Former first round pick being a waivers dump :facepalm:

That's gotta sting. Well Magnus, two choices: sulk and hate yourself and go play in Europe or hire Gary Roberts and anyone else to help you improve where you need to improve, work your tail off, and get another shot.

I think someone will pick him up though. There's got to be a team with a more suitable dump than Paajarvi. Though I could be wrong.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Uhh...with Porter going down tonight for what looks like at least 6 weeks do we pull Magnus off waivers? Can you even do that? Do we....want to do that?
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

What have any of you actually seen from Paajarvi. He's been a disaster every time he's been on the ice this season. Jaskin gets recalled and starts making in impact right away. Jaskin looks like someone who figured it out and is busting his butt to stay. Can't say I ever saw that from Paajarvi who couldn't be sent anywhere but the bench.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Cleared and down to Chicago he goes.

[tweet][/tweet]

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Jaskin is way better already. Screw Paansyjarvi.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

TheoSqua wrote:
ecbm wrote:Not surprised. Berglund mk II; never room for him with the Blues. Deal was a dump.
Considering how poorly Perron has played the Oilers would probably have been better off just keeping Paajarvi. Perron has put up a 0.63 ppg pace for Edmondon while being terrible on defense. Paajarvi was doing something like .4 ppg. Not sure that .23 ppg was worth the money difference and an extra pick.
He's having a down season now sure but he's scored 33G for them in 114 games. I know people here have an irrational hatred of the guy but anyone who can flirt with 30G (especially on a tire fire of a team) will and should have a good shot at a job in this league. Would have him over Berglund-also bad on defense while contributing no offense and making $600K more for him-any time. Now you might say something to me here about heart and the locker room and that's fair enough. But you know who can't? Army, who let the all-heart, very popular Boat walk over $300K.

Finally, there's been a love-in over Eberle among some Blues fans lately. By any statistical indicator, he's only marginally better than Perron in any aspect of the game. Perron is the object of LGB's "2 minutes hate". He's a very talented player with behavioral issues that have limited him. Paajarvi was a failed prospect by the time we traded for him. These are facts, and the results of Blues fans to make them equal and to make the trade something other than a salary dump can be seen in the comments above-again, no future on the Blues and that was known when he was acquired.

Prove me wrong, Magnus.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I was never too wild about Paajarvi so much as I was thrilled to be rid of Perron--an addition by subtraction trade if ever there was one. Still, I'm surprised not a single team bit on claiming him. Oh well, maybe he'll get his shit together in the AHL and be viable in a trade package somewhere down the line.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

They said on the broadcast yesterday that he was just happy to be able to play on a full time basis whether that's on a different organization or in Chicago.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I like that he made it through. He's only 23 and I like that he's still in our system and he's going to get some time to play. Maybe he'll improve a bit. He was a first round talent for a reason and granted, he may not live up to that hype, but he's still young enough that I'm okay with him still being around if we need him.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

dmiles2186 wrote:I like that he made it through. He's only 23 and I like that he's still in our system and he's going to get some time to play. Maybe he'll improve a bit. He was a first round talent for a reason and granted, he may not live up to that hype, but he's still young enough that I'm okay with him still being around if we need him.
Me too, I thought his game suited us better than the Oilers.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW